PDA

View Full Version : NEW Info about Military Discount Tix

lauramaynot
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi everybody,

I went and purchased military discount tickets for my sister and her family who will be accompanying us on our next trip (monday). When I told the lady what I wanted she told me that the parks had asked that all guests using military tickets show military ID upon entry. She handed me a paper that said that the purchaser of the tickets needed to write their name on the tickets so that they could be compared to a valid ID. I of course panicked because I have an AP and I will not be using any of the tickets personally.
She said she had never sold tickets to a passholder since this new policy was set up in January so she didn't know how it would work but she thought that as long as we went into the park together it would not be a problem. She also told me that this new policy was because of military tix ending up on ebay which is not hard to believe. I purchased the tickets anyway figuring I can return them if they won't accept them.
I called ticketing and a very nice CM told me that was not DL's policy but probably Nellis AFB's. We can use them and that DL has the right to ask for ID but probably won't especially since a passholder purchased them. She said that tickets are only turned away when they are thought to have been purchased fraudulently (SP?) I don't know how they determine that. I laughed so hard when she said "We want you to come to disneyland. That is why we sell annual passes. People with passes often bring people who purchase tickets. We don't care if they are military discounted tickets. Purchase as many tickets as you like!! Bring as many people as you like!! And if something comes up they can still use the tickets."
We are planning to go into the park together to avoid any problems anyway since that is always best

So the moral of this little story:
1. Passholders can still buy Mil Tix for family and friends
2. The base will tell you you must show ID
3. Disneyland has the right to ask for ID but probably won't because they want you to come and bring lots of people with you!! :D

Hawaiian Cinderella
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
lots of people = lots or more $$