PDA

View Full Version : Remember Fireworks Show

nsaul1211
08-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm sure this has been asked about a million times before, but I was curious what part of the new Fireworks show sparked some sort of emotional thought.

I thought it was interesting the first few times I watched the show because I would look around and see people with tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces. I mean the show is absolutely incredible and in my opinion could be a mainstay at DLand for a very long time.

For myself I would say that there were several moments that came to mind, the first was the voice of Walt Disney which reminded me how incredible the place was and how it could bring people from every area of the world together and forget about their problems for just one day and the timelessness of the words which made me remember my first trip as a small child. The other parts were during the parts for Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Star Tours because these were all of my absolute favorites when I was a child. But definately the Walt quote was the most incredible.

I will say though, no matter how bad a day I have had, the minute I walk through the tunnel all my problems go away, and nothing makes me happier than to see the magic of the place again through the children there.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Mine are....

The part where they're playin the sound byte of Walts Dedication Speech.

And the part where the song goes "Just believe, just believe....JUST BELIEVE!" and near the end where it the 'choir' shouts "Make A Wish". Those parts can get me a little choked up.

The parts that just purely bring a smile to my face are when they launch the pyros from all around the hub area, and with the pirates sequence. I love the entire music from the show.

yellowrosedtxn
08-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't know how weird this is, but when the little girl starts singing the Star light part of the song, I get all choked up. I REALLY liked the whole show and when they would play the different parts of the rides, it would bring a smile to my face.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't know how weird this is, but when the little girl starts singing the Star light part of the song, I get all choked up. I REALLY liked the whole show and when they would play the different parts of the rides, it would bring a smile to my face.

I TOTALLY have to agree with you on all of that. It gets to me a little bit too. Its a great tribute to so many classic rides.

Gone2Disneyland
08-05-2005, 01:05 PM

I'm Mr. Action and Adventure, so my favorite moment is "the battle" between the Matterhorn and wherever the other one comes from during the Pirates of the Caribbean battle. My friend and her daughter think the Haunted Mansion sequence is the best.

I used to get a knot in my throat when Walt's speech starts up, but I've seen it so often now my mood's shifted to enjoying the spectacle of the show. However, the finale to "Fantasmic!" always gets to me.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm Mr. Action and Adventure, so my favorite moment is "the battle" between the Matterhorn and wherever the other one comes from during the Pirates of the Caribbean battle. My friend and her daughter think the Haunted Mansion sequence is the best.

I used to get a knot in my throat when Walt's speech starts up, but I've seen it so often now my mood's shifted to enjoying the spectacle of the show. However, the finale to "Fantasmic!" always gets to me.

It comes from somewhere backstage near BTMR. And what I love about the ending of Fantasmic, as when the lights go out and the music stops, is when you hear all the cheering and applauding. That part always gets me. Not sure why.

nsaul1211
08-05-2005, 01:15 PM
It comes from somewhere backstage near BTMR. And what I love about the ending of Fantasmic, as when the lights go out and the music stops, is when you hear all the cheering and applauding. That part always gets me. Not sure why.

Whenever I see the fireworks show everyone around starts cheering and applauding like crazy. Probably doing to acknowledge how great the show is.

Wendi
08-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I have to admit I totally perked up when I heard "MAGNIFICAAAAATIONNNN"!!! I didn't expect it, and it's something my family and I used to love to say in a joking manner while running around Disneyland... just silly stuff.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-05-2005, 01:37 PM
I got all emotional with the voice of Walt too. The whole thing is very emotional for me. Heck I get emotional watching !F too! Even at home. I am just a HUGE sap!

Mark Mywords
08-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Count me in with the tear-ing up at Walt's speech crowd.

My screen name should probably be "bigsoftie"! "Remember" gets me in at least 4 or 5 parts. Heck even the "Laughing Place" segment gets me teary eyed. This is verrry bad, because I've been spending the last few evenings editing segments of our vacation video into a medley accompanied by the attractions segment audio of "Remember". Even playing the audio over and over, it still gets me.

I've never felt a strong connection to any of the Disney fireworks shows. I never considered them when thinking of the many things that attracted me to the park! I was suprised at how much I wanted to see this show over and over again! I have firmly decided that "Remember" is easily the best Disney (or other-wise) fireworks show I've ever seen!

nsaul1211
08-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I've never felt a strong connection to any of the Disney fireworks shows. I never considered them when thinking of the many things that attracted me to the park! I was suprised at how much I wanted to see this show over and over again! I have firmly decided that "Remember" is easily the best Disney (or other-wise) fireworks show I've ever seen!

I do have to agree with this. I have had several Annual Passes over the years, my current one is the longest with 2 years on it, and I always viewed the fireworks as something nice, but never made a real effort to watch them or get there early. Now I will go just to watch them, deal with the hub crowds and sit there for an hour and a half.

coronado_g
08-05-2005, 08:59 PM
When Tinkerbell appears, people all around watching exclaim with great excitement "Look! It's Tinkerbell!!!" The sounds of their voices and the great feeling of affection that seems to exude never fails to bring a major lump in my throat.

Mark Mywords
08-06-2005, 09:46 AM
When Tinkerbell appears, people all around watching exclaim with great excitement "Look! It's Tinkerbell!!!" The sounds of their voices and the great feeling of affection that seems to exude never fails to bring a major lump in my throat.

My mother-in-law came with us on our last trip. I laughed when I looked over to see her clap like a little 4 year old girl when she spotted tinkerbelle!

coronado_g
08-06-2005, 12:15 PM
My mother-in-law came with us on our last trip. I laughed when I looked over to see her clap like a little 4 year old girl when she spotted tinkerbelle!
Yeah, I've seen adults (with no children by their side) react with great emotion to the appearance of Tinkerbelle.
Of course, I was one of them who pointed, exclaimed, clapped and cheered!

Disneyfun
08-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Well I orignaly saw this show for the first time on May 5th when it premiered (sp) and I have to say it was the best audience yet to see it with!

My favorite part it the elevator effect. I love being in the center hub for that!

I also LOVE to watch everyone turn and look up main street when the announcement "All Aboard!" comes on!

Pilot Mickey
08-06-2005, 09:59 PM
i also get almost teary eyed when the walt dedacation speach is played, but not just for the speech, tinkerbell is flying and "making" the shells burst over the castle the same way it happened in the Disneyland and wonderful world of color tv shows, it just makes me miss vault disney even more. Also when the girl near the end says "Make a wish and do as dreamer's do" i like that moment, for some reason. I watched the video i downloaded of the show going out to texas once and coming home from TX this past week and felt the same way in all of the parts both times, great firework show. :D

DISNEYfied
08-06-2005, 10:08 PM
My favorite part during the Haunted Mansion music when they go "Is this room actually stretching?!"

But the parts that get me the most choked up are the Main Street Electrical Parade and towards the end when the Choir stars the "MAKE A WISH!!" and all that good stuff.

phoenixfire2k5
08-07-2005, 12:32 PM
i also get almost teary eyed when the walt dedacation speach is played, but not just for the speech, tinkerbell is flying and "making" the shells burst over the castle the same way it happened in the Disneyland and wonderful world of color tv shows, it just makes me miss vault disney even more. Also when the girl near the end says "Make a wish and do as dreamer's do" i like that moment, for some reason. I watched the video i downloaded of the show going out to texas once and coming home from TX this past week and felt the same way in all of the parts both times, great firework show. :D

And I'll reiterate what I said earlier. "And the part where the song goes "Just believe, just believe....JUST BELIEVE!" and near the end where it the 'choir' shouts "Make A Wish". Those parts can get me a little choked up" :crying: