PDA

View Full Version : The Off-Season schedule has been released!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkbeer
08-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Disneyland.com now shows the times and days of the entertainment offerings.

The Remember Fireworks will go to Friday and Saturday showings only.

Parade of Dreams will be once daily during the week at 7 PM, and 2 shows on the weekend.

Fantasmic! will be offered on weekends, one showing on Fridays and Sundays at 9 PM, and 2 showings (9 and 10:30) on Saturdays.

Snow White will be on a 9 month hiatus.

Over at DCA, Block Party Bash will remain at 7 days a week at 5:15 pm

Aladdin will be dark on Mondays and Tuesdays

The Electrical Parade is on a 9 month hiatus.

DangerMouse
08-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks, Darkbeer! I've been waiting for that calendar to come back up all day!

Thank God F! is still showing on weekends! I was gonna be super bummed if they pulled it like they are doing with EP and Snow White.

TikiGeek
08-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Over at DCA, Block Party Bash will remain at 7 days a week at 5:15 pm1-2-3 SCREAM!!! :eek: :D

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
But what about the Xmas fireworks?

celinas mommy
08-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Do you happen to know when they will release the hours of operation past the month of September...

Don't they ususally have at least the current month plus 2 additional months available?

Wendi
08-05-2005, 12:51 PM
It would be nice if they did F! and fireworks one weeknight each... for those who don't go on weekends. I will probably do a weekend night this time anyway though...

Hoppypooh
08-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Disneyland.com now shows the times and days of the entertainment offerings.

The Remember Fireworks will go to Friday, Saturday and Sunday showings only.

I just checked for my September trip and the Remember fireworks are not on the Sunday I'm there (the 18th.) In fact, it looks like the only Sunday that has them is the Labour day weekend. They are only listed Fridays and Saturdays. Am I blind? Or did I miss something? :confused:

Thanks!

celinas mommy
08-05-2005, 12:52 PM
It would be nice if they did F! and fireworks one weeknight each... for those who don't go on weekends. I will probably do a weekend night this time anyway though...

That would be really nice thought.. I usually try to avoid the weekend nights.

celinas mommy
08-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I just checked for my September trip and the Remember fireworks are not on the Sunday I'm there (the 18th.) In fact, it looks like the only Sunday that has them is the Labour day weekend. They are only listed Fridays and Saturdays. Am I blind? Or did I miss something? :confused:

Thanks!

We both must be blind -- I don't see it either. They have F! running on Sundays during the month but not Rember fireworks...?

DangerMouse
08-05-2005, 12:58 PM
We both must be blind -- I don't see it either. They have F! running on Sundays during the month but not Rember fireworks...?

Oh my goodness! You're right! No fireworks on Sundays????? SHAME SHAME SHAME DLR!!! :mad:

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 12:59 PM

I believe its because the fireworks are pretty loud in the area. I hear the fireworks on a nightly basis, and sometimes louder than others based on the wind direction. So I think it's because they don't want to show them and have them go off on nights where local kids have to go to school the next morning.

Darkbeer
08-05-2005, 01:00 PM
OOPS, thanks for the correction, I did edit the original post to show the correct info....

hlbtimes2
08-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I had a feeling they would be posted today. I tried to check first thing this am, and the site was down. I took it as a good sign that they were updating. I'm very happy to see that F! isnt leaving for the fall. We'll have a a few chances to see it, and the fireworks during our trip.

celinas mommy
08-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh my goodness! You're right! No fireworks on Sundays????? SHAME SHAME SHAME DLR!!! :mad:

Side note I see that under your name it says "Hotter than Hell, AZ" what part of Arizona are you... I too live in "Hotter than Hell, AZ"....

goober7011
08-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Did anyone else notice that they didn't post the opperation hours up. I know that they are fairly easy to predict but I found it kinda odd that the set up the show schedule without the hours that they are open.
-Goober

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Thats because the hours ARE NOT easy to predict. Because the crowds cannot be predicted. Earlier this Spring, Dland had received bigger crowds than expected. So, they increased their closing time during the week from 8pm to 10pm. And I think this was shortly after the 5th of May.

The Genii
08-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm having trouble locating the schedule that's being discussed here on Disneyland.com where it gives closures for the fall.
If anyone can provide a link I'd be obliged. Thanks!

Doug
08-05-2005, 05:51 PM
You could just go to riderefurb.com ...accurate as far as I have seen....

I'm having trouble locating the schedule that's being discussed here on Disneyland.com where it gives closures for the fall.
If anyone can provide a link I'd be obliged. Thanks!

mattsmomma
08-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks Darkbeer for posting this info!! Very helpful....

For The Genii ~ if you still need help with a schedule link, try this:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20051001&span=5&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=true
it has the arrival date of Oct 1st, but if you are going later than that, just change the date & length of stay at the top & it should update for you.

Osky
08-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Darn! The refurb. schedule cuts off on September 29th. Looks like we will have to wait a little longer to see if Pirates does indeed go down on October third.

Darkbeer
08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Darn! The refurb. schedule cuts off on September 29th. Looks like we will have to wait a little longer to see if Pirates does indeed go down on October third.

I am pretty sure it will be a February or March closure, with a June return, timed to the premiere of POTC 2......

minniemom
08-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Ok sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but why keep Billy and the hillbillies and not do snow white or the EP? I travel to DL at least once a year, every year and have never gone out of my way or plan to go see this show. Why not keep something most people are going to watch?

Darkbeer
08-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but why keep Billy and the hillbillies and not do snow white or the EP? I travel to DL at least once a year, every year and have never gone out of my way or plan to go see this show. Why not keep something most people are going to watch?

Costs, and location....

The Hillbillies is a four person act, with on backstage CM to run the lights and sound system. It also makes money with the food service in the bar area during the show. Also, the stage has been a traditional location for shows for 50 years.

The Snow White show has a much larger cast, over 20 performers plus multiple CM's that work backstage with the fancy sets and sounds...

Plus the CM's that handle the crowd control for the theater and queue.

Snow White is a much more expensive show, and the decision was made to take the shows budget and use it elsewhere... It might be the decision that saved Fantasmic! for the off-season (it was rumored to be closing).

Susan L
08-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Fantasmic! will be offered on weekends, one showing on Fridays and Sundays at 9 PM, and 2 showings (9 and 10:30) on Saturdays.

Does this hold ture for the 2006 off season also? Everytime we go in the off season Fantasmic is not showing even on the weekends.

Darkbeer
08-05-2005, 09:05 PM
All we know that this is the schedule through October.... Things might change with the Christmas schedule....