PDA

View Full Version : How good is the AAA discount on hotel rates?

babytmakes5
08-05-2005, 09:58 AM
ok, i know i have a lot of questions for you all, and just please know that i appreciate your help. i really want to get a good rate on our trip next april, and i thought i read that AAA offers good discounts. i don't have a AAA membership right now, but would it be worth the cost for the savings on this one trip? also, if i get a membership, should i get one for each and every member of my family, or would just a single membership get me the discount i want? i went on their website to look up some info, but with three kids crawling all over me today, i just can't take the time to search everywhere. ;) thanks in advance for your help....

trina

Pat-n-Eil
08-05-2005, 10:06 AM
I think you can figure about a 10% discount on your accomodations in addition to a couple of other perks like the enhanced FastPass.

One membership will do. This will also give you road service to help you in case you need a jump, gas, have a flat tire or lock your keys... You also get access to all of their maps and guidebooks as well as their travel agency.. The AAA card is often good for a discount at many places you go too.

At about $45/year, you will save at least that the first time you book any Disney package.

AlbertaMinnie
08-05-2005, 10:36 AM
If you decide to get a membership, put it in the name of the person who will be making all the reservations etc. If you need it for car trouble, the person whose name the membership is in has to be there.

I'm not sure how good the discount is for hotels - I have an Entertainment Card as well and the Holiday Inns give a better discount for Entertainment versus the AAA. Just an FYI.

American Automobile Association (AAA) members save 10% on food and beverages (excluding tax, gratuity and alcoholic beverages) at the following locations:

Plaza Inn in Disneyland
Wine Counry Trattoria in DCA
Ariel's Grotto in DCA
PCH Grill at Paradise Pier Hotel
Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel

Not to mention I think a 20% discount if you take a tour.

wwithers
08-05-2005, 10:42 AM
For Disney hotels, the rate is the same as the AP rate (at least everytime I've checked). At other hotels it varies. For example, the HoJo's in October was $99 dollars on their site (which pulls the best rates from around the web) vs. $69 through AAA.

Also, you might check on the family membership-- I don't think it's much more expensive than the individual. You also get discounts on car rentals, oil changes, film developing, tickets for several amusement parks, zoos, etc (I was amazed at how many places you can actually get AAA discounts).

MyBeast
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
It depends, at least at the hotels I know of, how far in advance you book it. Like right now, we don't have a AAA discount because it is the middle of summer, but there was one offered a few months ago if you booked early. So, keep that in mind.

babytmakes5
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
For Disney hotels, the rate is the same as the AP rate (at least everytime I've checked). At other hotels it varies. For example, the HoJo's in October was $99 dollars on their site (which pulls the best rates from around the web) vs. $69 through AAA.

so, can you use the AAA if you book your trip on the disney website? or do you have to book it off the AAA website, or do you just have to wait until check-in to get the discount? how does it work? thank you so much for the info....if this can save me some $, we can maybe not have to take out a loan for this trip!

trina