PDA

View Full Version : Another HoJo Question

leah
08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
I just called to see what was available at the Anaheim Howard Johnson this October. My husband and I are the only two going so I only need one king bed. Building 1 is available with a balcony but the representative I spoke with said that the rooms with king beds only face the opposite side - towards the freeway (I was requesting facing the front desk). So what I have booked now is one king room in building 1 facing opposite the front desk. Will this room suck? The rate was $80.10 with my Entertainment card. Should I try for something else? :confused:

Thanks for any input - I've never stayed at this hotel.

Oh, and I checked to see how much a two queen room (which would face the front desk) was and with the Entertainment card I was quoted $98.10

Niwel
08-05-2005, 10:06 AM
There are many MP Hojo fans. I stayed there last month for thr 50th and the room was very nice and clean; the bed comfortable. I was in a king against the freeway (top floor). I didn't have a problem with noise -- although I know some light sleepers might. (What woke me was people shouting "woo hoo lets get in line" at 2 a.m. on July 17 -- but that's another story.) ;)
It is a very easy access hotel. The walk to the park is minutes -- and you pass several restaurants on the way....
Hope that helps you feel good about your decision. :)

Mark Mywords
08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
The time we stayed when we got the freeway side, we were on the 2 or 3 floor. Noise was definitely an issue (and I am an extremely sound sleeper).

DangerMouse
08-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Having a room facing Disney in bldg. 1 doesn't guarantee you no freeway noise. Building one kind of runs at an angle away from the freeway (if that makes sense). Last time we stayed we were in a DL view room closest to the freeway. It had horrible noise. If you can request a room that is closest to the street (away from the freeway), you shouldn't have a horrible noise issue.

Were there no King rooms left in Bldg. 2? I would prefer that over non-disney view in Bldg. 1.

Good luck!

leah
08-05-2005, 11:33 AM
I didn't check if there were any king rooms in Building 2. Would you pick a king room in Building 2 over Building 1?

Thanks

kisroo
08-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Were the prices for a Q/Q room that much more $$ than the King? The reason I ask is, looking at the room layout pdf that I have downloaded from our last trip, the K room is the smallest sq ft wise. If it's a matter of wanting a King though, it looks like there are limited choices~Bldg 1, 2 and 3 only.

The K rooms in Bldg 3 are ADA and are larger, by the way. I've heard this bldg faces the park or pool, but someone else would have to confirm this. We've only stayed in Bldg 1 park view.

If it were me, I'd try for a Q/Q in Bldg 1 with a park view with the Entertainment discount. JMHO.

Good luck and have a great trip!!

~kisroo:)

Earkid
08-05-2005, 12:41 PM
The K rooms in Bldg 3 are ADA and are larger, by the way. I've heard this bldg faces the park or pool, but someone else would have to confirm this. We've only stayed in Bldg 1 park view. Yep, we stayed in a K room in Bldg 3 last trip. Our 1st floor room faced the back of the office. Not a good view but at least we couldn't hear the freeway. What we could hear (at all hours of the day and night) were kids running in the room above us. I swear they were holding a WWF event up there. At 4 am one morning I finally called their room and the dad answered. They were from Australia and said the time change was killing them. I told him they were killing me at the same time. He was very nice and apologized but the noise only diminished by about 10%.

The room was huge, plenty of room for a full size blow up bed for Morgan and still plenty of walking room. The bathroom was GINORMOUS, and there was absolutely NO counter space. So we ended up pulling the round breakfast table from the room into the bathroom so we could unpack some toiletries.

I do agree w/ Christiii who said in another thread that she liked the fact that the HoJo doors are in a hallway instead of motel style. I like being able to keep the curtains open as I take a nap or something. With motels I always feel like I am on display as people walk by my room and can look right into my window.

wwithers
08-05-2005, 12:56 PM
The freeway didn't bother me. The only advice I have is don't stay on the top floor if you like to sleep in past about 6:30 in the morning.

DangerMouse
08-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I didn't check if there were any king rooms in Building 2. Would you pick a king room in Building 2 over Building 1?

Thanks

I would pick a king room in Bldg. 2 (which all face the pool) over a king room in Bldg. 1 that faces away from DL. More of a park-like setting and guaranteed to be quieter. Less freeway noise that is. No guarantees that rowdy kids won't bother you! ;)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-05-2005, 01:50 PM
We always stay at HoJos, love love love it! Great hotel, friendly staff, great prices etc. We stay in building 2, facing the pool.
I am not sure what the importance is of a room with a DL view. How much time do you plan to spend in your room?