PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character Breakfast location?

funnygarcia
02-16-2002, 06:19 AM
:D Which location is your favorite and why???

mousey_girl
02-16-2002, 07:01 AM
For character interaction we prefer the Plaza Inn, with the Pooh Bear characters. The area is smaller so there seems to be more one on one interaction than at the hotel locations. The food here was nothing to write home about.

Food wise, we prefer Goofy's Kitchen. The have a lager variety of foods and even some non-breakfast choices for picky eaters. The characters had to spread themselves pretty thin there, although at one point we had Goofy, Esmeralda, The Mad Hatter and Brer Bear at out table singing Happy B-day to The Boy.

Last year we had a great experience at Minnie's. That was not the case this year. The food was cold, the scrambled eggs were unedible (inedible?) and the waiter was invisible. We won't be going there again.

Next year we hope to try Chip & Dale's at the GC.

All of the locations have an omlet station, so you can watch your omlet being prepared, that way you know it is fresh.

(I miss the spell checker!!!)

tjrj
02-16-2002, 07:25 AM
We enjoyed the character interaction AND the food at The Plaza Inn over our experience at Goofy's kitchen. Food at Goofy's Kitchen we found to be colder and much more crowded than The Plaza Inn. Could have been because we went to Goofy's on a Sunday and Plaza Inn on a Monday. Plaza Inn had a much more personalized and less rushed feel to it than GK. However, food-wise, the Grand Californian can't be beat-at least for character dining food choices. The potatoes-yummmy! The character interaction with Chip and Dale-was much more staged and somehow not as "fun" as the other locations. At the Grand, they take the kids over to meet Chip and Dale-photo op.-rather than the characters coming to your table-and, at least when we were there, it was only the 2 characters. The restaurant is lovely-much prettier than the other two listed above.

I'd be interested to hear from those that have experienced the relavtively new character dining experience at Avalon Cove. We didn't get to experience that one-the restaurant looks beautiful.

justagrrl
02-16-2002, 08:11 AM
Well-we haven't been to Avalon Cove to eat. We met some friends of ours in the bar there last night though. My 7 year old dd had her first Shirley Temple - and hey - I was able to get a "real" bar drink (you know the fruity kind that's not beer or a slurpie with a shot ;) )

While there, my dd and friend went to the restroom several times and went over to say hi to pluto, arial, and I think - minnie mouse. We had a great view of the water, the lights of the pier etc...our friends go to this place nearly every friday night and have gotten quite chummy with the bartender - which was quite a lot of fun. Several weeks ago they met a couple who ended up making them reservations for Club 33. (we were supposed to go with them - but it fell through at the last minute and I didn't get to go...boo-hoo...sniffle...I'll get over it.)

I'd really like to have a meal there sometime though. Our apt. managers, one of which works for disney in the wherehouse or something, went for dinner and really enjoyed it. I think they had meatloaf and some sort of peach thing for dessert. I don't know if I want to spend $10 for my kid to not eat their breakfast or dinner though. (My son is famous for this - go to eat - see the food - and before even taking a bite says "I'm done"...ack! We'll just have to starve him (joke) for a few hours before hand to make sure he eats. :D

disneynut
02-16-2002, 02:03 PM
The only one we've been to is Goofy's Kitchen. The food is pretty good--their omelets are really good. The characters come to your table but on really busy days it may be a while before they make it your way. We've seen Goofy (of course), Pluto, Aladdin, Jasmine, Snow White, Terk (but not Tarzan :( so sad), Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter, Baloo. You might do well to make reservations and it is kinda pricey. I think it's around $65 for my 1 year old (yes, they do charge for her), four year old, husband and me. Whichever place you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Each one offers a different experience.

tjrj
02-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks justagrrl for the update on Avalon Cove. And I must agree with disneynut about the price-wow! think it was about $72-75 for two adults and two kids(ok, so disney considers my young teenager an adult-but I don't!) but it is a great experience.

EandCDad
02-16-2002, 02:49 PM
We like Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand California for the food. Its a little thinner on the characters (just Chip and Dale) but the food is really good.

Dlandmom
02-16-2002, 03:06 PM
The last time I attended a Character Breakfast, it was at Goofy's Kitchen at the "old" Disneyland Hotel complex. I've heard from lots of people (okay, so it was just EandC and lisap!) that Storyteller's Cafe is good...and whenever I walk by on the weekends, it looks people inside are having fun.

MammaSilva
02-16-2002, 03:25 PM
I'd be interested in knowing WHICH characters hang out at Avalon Cove since each breakfast seems to have specific ones, the Plaza is almost 100 percent 100 acre wood gang, Miss Minnie is Minnie, Belle, Gaston and merlin, Goofys kitchen seems to have the biggest rotation of different characters with of course Chef Goofy as the one consistant one....and GC is Chip and Dale and Pluto....so if anyone has experienced the AC characters any input would be appreciated... I love using the character meals to avoid large crowds of pushing and shoving parents...

funnygarcia
02-17-2002, 07:00 AM
:D wow! Thanks for all your great tips! It seems that each site has its own positives and negatives.. THANKS!

justagrrl
02-17-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
so if anyone has experienced the AC characters any input would be appreciated...

The other night it was Arial, Pluto and MInnie Mouse...and maybe one other but the people we were with weren't into disney and didn't know who it was. (??? - they don't have kids either - so there's no influence there.)

Anyway, at one point, my dd went to the bathroom down there and reported that all the kids had maraccas or something and were parading around the tables with the characters. Sounded like a lot of fun for them.