PDA

View Full Version : Park Visit this Sunday

nsaul1211
08-05-2005, 07:27 AM
First I should probably say hi. This is my first post here, I've been reading the boards for about a week and just love this place :) .

Anyway I'm pretty excited because I'm going to DLand this weekend with a big group of people! I should say that I'm an annual passholder so I don't know if trip reports really come from AP's but I wouldn't mind doing one. I go all the time but never with more than one or two people. This time we are going to have about 6 or 7.

I am curious, are there any problems with going with that many people or any recommendations? Just going with one or 2 other people is easy but large groups I'm sure can be a little tricky.

I plan on doing updates from the park to my little blog from my cellphone with pictures throughout the day and I'll post a link if anyone wants me to. :)

stan4d_steph
08-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Welcome to MousePad. Feel free to introduce yourself in this thread in the Lounge (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=697997#post697997).

I'm sure people would be interested in reading your trip report and updates, so posting a link would be great.

As far as large groups, depending on how large, don't feel that you all have to necssarily stay together the whole day. Going on the rides like Pirates, small world, doing Tiki Room, can all be fun with larger groups. Have fun! :)

nsaul1211
08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info! I was also curious which places would be good to eat at? I usually eat at Storyteller's, but with that many people we might need to just eat in the park. I've eaten at both the Riverbelle Terrace and French Market and I didn't know if anywhere else was really cheaper or anything such as the Tomorrowland Terrace (which I haven't eaten at in about 10 years).

-Nick

Susan L
08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the boards nsaul1211, and yes you better give us a trip report, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Rancho Del Zocalo, next to BTMRR is a good place, lots of outdoor seating.

Hakuna Makarla
08-05-2005, 09:27 AM
welcome!! Please besure to post off an on thru the day here so we know whats going on and where you are at! I would love to see some pictures, well a lot of pictures acually :)
my name is Karla and I want to welcome you here :)

Shortiemetoo
08-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi!!! Welcome and I am so happy you posted!! Please YES post your link and pics and report!!!
As for good places to eat....Whitewater Cafe in GCH....inexpensive by park standards as it is about the same price but better food and more of it!!!
Also large groups are a lot of fun for GRR (you will fill up a boat), storybook land canal boats!!, BTMRR, POTC, and you could even ask if your whole group could ride in the front of the monorail!!!!
I hope you have a most wonderful day!!!
P.S. Karla loves pics of Tower of Terror ;) , especially if it is a pic of the pic of you on it!!!!

Oh I almost forgot...the pizza port has HUGE salads that are big enough for splitting...or if anyone wants spagetti, they also sell extra meatballs on the side which makes it nicer for sharing!!!

Have a GREAT time!!!!

nsaul1211
08-05-2005, 09:46 AM

I will be updating the blog with little reports of what's going on in the park or with us through my cellphone, plus uploading pictures I take with it so you can check the photo albums I have on the page when I post the link. I'll probably post something here that morning with the link so it doesn't get lost.

I hope the other people in the group have park hopper tickets (they got free tickets through their company) so we can go on ToT. I have a great pic I should scan of the second time I went on it with the girlfriend. We are in the front row and she is screaming with a terrified look on her face, while I've got this joking rico suave smile and giving the thumbs up to the camera. :)

-Nick

CrazyTrain
08-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Nick! Welcome to the boards!

i regularly go to DL with a large group of people. I would suggest some sort of loose (or tight) game plan... It can be tough to decide where to go (ok, where to eat mainly) when you have that many people trying to decide! I agree with Steph... don't be afarid to split up if necessary so everyone can do what they want. We usually eat at the Pizza Port or Rancho.

CrazyMouse
08-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi! Welcome to the board! I love this place too, great people with great advice. Have fun at Disneyland, will be waiting for your trip report! :)