PDA

View Full Version : How Does This Sound? [Little Mermaid Dark Ride]

scoobygang7144
08-05-2005, 02:29 AM
I came up with an idea for a little mermaid dark ride for Disneyland but since there really is no room for it, I thought it would make a great addition to DCA, since there already is a restaurant and carousel themed to the little mermaid. Instead of just putting it in paradise pier i thought of creating mermaid lagoon to be an extended part of the land. I have seen pictures of DisneySea and i think mermaid lagoon will be an awsome addition to paradise pier.

What it would be:

Mermaid lagoon will be connected by paradise pier. The entire lagoon itself will be surrounded by an extension of the lagoon. All of the attractions will be outside instead of inside the palace. The only two attractions that will be located inside the palace will be the little mermaid ride and show. All of the attractions that will be included are the ones from DisneySea. The carousel and jumpin jellyfish will be detailed more and relocated to mermaid lagoon.

Does this sound okay or is this just a stupid addition to DCA?

potzbie
08-05-2005, 09:38 AM
I had assumed (!) that the new submarine voyage in DL would have included elements of the The Little Mermaid.
Before DL officials announced the theme of NEMO, I was betting Las Vegas style Big Bucks that the refurb was for the purpose of exploring ATLANTIS and meeting Flounder and Sebastian and Miss Ariel herself.

You know ... the volcanic lost city ... a trio of mermaids swimming in a circle ... it was all pre-destined.

Heck, they COULD HAVE included the old "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" giant squid, and included the famous undersea burial of "20,000 Leagues".
Oooooh!

But what do I know!

BigAlH
08-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Does this sound okay or is this just a stupid addition to DCA?
At this point just about ANYTHING is a good idea for DCA. :fez:

While the water area is nice to look at, it's a huge waste of space (and Nor Cal water :D). I like the idea!

coronado_g
08-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I like the idea of some Disney-related dark rides ( not just Tunnel of Love stuff) in DCA. It's very possible there are big things planned for the future of DCA. I believe Disney looks to the long-range growth of the new park. At this time, DCA is relatively in it's infancy. I, for one, am willing to watch it grow in depth and imagination.
The grounds of Disneyland and DCA were once orange groves. It took 50 years to accomplish what is there thus far. Great things sometimes take time.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 11:24 AM
With them planning on a car themed ride based on the next pixar movie due out, I highly doubt any other ride or attraction is in the works for DCA, other than the Monsters Inc ride going into the Hollywood Backlot.

coronado_g
08-05-2005, 12:11 PM
... I highly doubt any other ride or attraction is in the works for DCA...
Look how long it took for the Haunted Mansion to develop from 1st concept to the fully realized jewel it is now, with the refurb and the successful Holiday overlay that has become classic.

Disney Vault
08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
On another board someone had an idea for an E ticket littler mermaid ride for the pier. It would be the the haunted mansion but you would board a sea shell. It would be located behind screamin' because they have a big chunck of land right there.

As for your idea I think they would have to build it inside. That is what makes it so cool at TDS. It creates a very cool look and makes it feel like you are in the ocean. I have never been but I have seen a video of it.

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 12:51 PM
On another board someone had an idea for an E ticket littler mermaid ride for the pier. It would be the the haunted mansion but you would board a sea shell. It would be located behind screamin' because they have a big chunck of land right there.

As for your idea I think they would have to build it inside. That is what makes it so cool at TDS. It creates a very cool look and makes it feel like you are in the ocean. I have never been but I have seen a video of it.

That big chunk of land behind Screamin is an important part of their backstage area. They store the parade floats back there for one thing. I also remember taking a ride on their cast member shuttle back when I still worked there. We were dropped off in the area behind Screamin.

Disney Vault
08-05-2005, 01:47 PM
That big chunk of land behind Screamin is an important part of their backstage area. They store the parade floats back there for one thing. I also remember taking a ride on their cast member shuttle back when I still worked there. We were dropped off in the area behind Screamin.
Well they need to totally rework route 66 so they could add the parade storage there.