PDA

View Full Version : where do the kids get to make the chocolate chip cookies @ in Disneyland?

ima_mickeyfan
08-04-2005, 11:49 PM
I would like to know, so that I can take my kids there, sounds like a fun thing for them to be able to do...

CrazyMouse
08-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Here you go.. But you should know that there is a limited number of spots open so i advise you to be there early... Making Cookies at Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Click ME! (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=44184&highlight=cookies+DIsneyland) :~D

AlbertaMinnie
08-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Hi! My kids did the cookie making (even my 12 year old!). It's at the end of main street, on the left hand side. (The building and everything is Yellow - and I think it's the same area for pin trading but I could be wrong.) I wouldn't worry about rushing over there though. It doesn't seem to have "caught-on" yet. We arrived 1 minute before the scheduled time and they asked both my girls to come join them, even though it was obvious that one was too old. The bakers were out front of the pavillion trying to get kids to come in and do this (and the park was VERY busy - July 18-25). My kids were asked to come do it again almost every time we walked past the area. I'm glad they did it at least once though, because at the end of the "baking" they give each child cookies to share with their family. YUM!

stitchlvr
08-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Hi! My kids did the cookie making (even my 12 year old!). I wouldn't worry about rushing over there though. It doesn't seem to have "caught-on" yet. We arrived 1 minute before the scheduled time and they asked both my girls to come join them, even though it was obvious that one was too old. The bakers were out front of the pavillion trying to get kids to come in and do this (and the park was VERY busy - July 18-25). My kids were asked to come do it again almost every time we walked past the area. I'm glad they did it at least once though, because at the end of the "baking" they give each child cookies to share with their family. YUM!

I wouldn't assume this will be the case. We were there 7/5-8 and we got to the pavilion 15 minutes before the posted time. They had already started the group since there were enough kids to fill the group a half an hour early. When we got there, they were almost gone and it was the last time of the day so we missed out.

MsYumiBr
08-05-2005, 08:06 AM
The pavillion is located at the corner of Main Street and Adventureland next to the Disney Vacation Club cart and the pin trading carts, in the back.

AlbertaMinnie
08-05-2005, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't assume this will be the case. We were there 7/5-8 and we got to the pavilion 15 minutes before the posted time. They had already started the group since there were enough kids to fill the group a half an hour early. When we got there, they were almost gone and it was the last time of the day so we missed out.

Wow, what a difference a couple of weeks makes?! Too bad for your kids. What a shame that my kids had the opportunity about 6 times (but only participated once) and yours not even once? Hopefully it will be different for them next time.

BigAlH
08-05-2005, 10:36 AM
My wife took the kids on 7/18 at 1:00 (right at the start time) while I went over to meet Darkbeer and the padders for the "Official Birthday MousePad Greeting". They walked right up and didn't have to wait.

Here's a picture of Big Al's Kids Making Cookies (http://bigalh.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=D1_HPIM0843). My 11 year-old is looking up at Mickey climbing the Matterhorn. :D

stitchlvr
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Wow, what a difference a couple of weeks makes?! Too bad for your kids. What a shame that my kids had the opportunity about 6 times (but only participated once) and yours not even once? Hopefully it will be different for them next time.

I guess we just had back luck with cookie making. We left it for the last day. We had walked up earlier in the day and it didn't seem like it was hard to get in, but we were on our way to use fastpasses. When we came back 15 min. early, it was full and had already started (last time of the day). It's not that big of a deal though, just gives us something new to try next time we're there (that and Turtle Talk- we weren't able to get in that either).

mattsmomma
08-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Big AlH ~Thanks for sharing the photos...those are great. We just happen to be watching the Incredibles and my son got a kick out of seeing "Elasti-girl" with your daughter :) She's got beautiful hair too ....seeing everyone else's photo's gets me sooo excited to go! Thx~