PDA

View Full Version : The Picture Mosaics

phoenixfire2k5
08-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Aparantly, there have been some new ones popping up within the past few months. I noticed a bunch of new ones in the character meet area by Small World. Basically, most of them princesses. But there was another one, a huge one, that I thought was really good, but it is in a spot where basically no one can get close enough to view their picture in it, which IMO, is stupid. Now, for the moment my blonde brain forgets exactly what it is, but I know for sure that it is above the Tomorrowland Terrace/Club Buzz eating area facing towards the monorail station. If you were at the station say waiting for the next monorail, look towards the terrace/club buzz building, and you can't miss it. There is also a really nice dragon one in the castle square area. I also like the hanging pooh one near the entrance to Pooh and Splash. (this one has been there a while). Question is, how often do these things pop up and exactly how many of them are there in both parks? And is it me, or does anyone else notice that the one outside the Haunted Mansion seems to be fading a little bit? Is it actually doing this, or is it just whatever has been put on the photos so that they will glow in the blacklight that is turned on at night?

pretty Omi
08-05-2005, 02:18 AM
most all of the photo mosiacs have actually been there since at least the 4th, the two that i have noticed showed up this week are Stitch, over by Space Mountain, and Lady and the Tramp over in the Plaza pin trading area

the one in Tomorrowland you are referring to is i believe of the Nautalis (forgive my spelling fans of the film) from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

and yeah, i do believe it's quite stupid to put them in places where you can't view the photos, and the Haunted Mansion one was faded, and they have replaced it this week, cuz now it looks all bright in the daytime again

Vegitabeta
08-05-2005, 02:53 AM
the one in Tomorrowland you are referring to is i believe of the Nautalis (forgive my spelling fans of the film) from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Nautilus ;) :p

phoenixfire2k5
08-05-2005, 11:04 AM
most all of the photo mosiacs have actually been there since at least the 4th, the two that i have noticed showed up this week are Stitch, over by Space Mountain, and Lady and the Tramp over in the Plaza pin trading area

and yeah, i do believe it's quite stupid to put them in places where you can't view the photos, and the Haunted Mansion one was faded, and they have replaced it this week, cuz now it looks all bright in the daytime again

Yeah, I can imagine that they keep adding more because of the overall amount of pictures that they got sent in, and most that weren't used. I didn't notice how faded or unfaded the HM mosaic was when I went past it the other night, because the blacklight was on by the time I got to it. And, as far as putting them in places where people can't see them, I guess it's just a way of putting them to use and taking up a blank wall for the sake of decoration. It really is amazing the work that they do on these. How they can take so many pictures and form either form just a part of a shot such as Nemo or take over a million of them and form a couple pictures in one such as the Steamboat Willie in Main Street. Perhaps, guests can log on and view some of these mosaics that are too high to look closely at for their pictures.

CrazyTrain
08-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Back in May, they said there were three more that still had to be put in. The three new ones would be those. :)

Disneyfun
08-06-2005, 06:57 PM
So has anyone gotten a notice saying thier pictures have been used on these?
I am still hoping!

Lanmon
08-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Pooh was missing last weekend...there were only bees hanging.
:confused:

Wishful
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
One of my photos is in the HUGE Steamboat Willie Mosaic on Main Street, unfortunately if the little printout is correct (there are terminals near it where you can type in your email address and find out where you are) my photo is waaaayyyyy up in the left hand corner underneath the part covered by the banner. I can't see it without a ladder...and a magnifying glass...