PDA

View Full Version : August 14th Pin Quest is now Cancelled!

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
08-04-2005, 10:27 PM
http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/dl_magical_milestones.htm

Well, it looks like a misspelling of a pin has caused the cancellation of the event....

Scroll down the linked page for all the info.... (it is near the bottom). :(

Vegitabeta
08-05-2005, 02:56 AM
What was this pin quest anyway? I never heard about it.

cstephens
08-05-2005, 09:15 AM
I wonder if I get partial blame for the cancellation...

So I get that they don't want to sell the pin knowing it has a typo, but why can't they just continue with the pin quest and just not have that pin available? All the other pins seem to be ok, and I really want the completer pin. It's so cute. I can see cancelling it if it's the completer pin that has a problem, but it's just one of the pins for sale, and the other pins are being sold anyway. Maybe they'll just sell the completer pin too, though there's no indication of that. Or maybe they'll show up on CM lanyards.

In case anyone at Disney is reading, I volunteer my services to spell-check your merchandise. I caught the typo in the "for decorative puposes" plate and the AP from a few years ago.

Shortiemetoo
08-05-2005, 09:39 AM
I don't see why a mis-spelling matters anyway as it is the only way the pin will be sold...it is not as if the pin will be re-released in a correct version?!
Oh well...mine is yet to wonder why??

AVP
08-05-2005, 09:46 AM
In case anyone at Disney is reading, I volunteer my services to spell-check your merchandise. I caught the typo in the "for decorative puposes" plate and the AP from a few years ago.Did you catch the SHAG pin boxes? :~D

AVP

Andrew
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Let's not forget the "Disney Mountian Range" t-shirts...

cstephens
08-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Did you catch the SHAG pin boxes? :~D

AVP

We're not into SHAG so didn't look at the pin boxes at all. What did we miss?

As I recall, for that same mountain range pin quest, they had the wrong silhouette (sp?) behind the wrong mountain on one or two of them in the passport.

I didn't notice it because I never actually looked at it and didn't examine the photo well, but for the Orange Grove party during the 50th event, there was a typo on the dinner menu placard. Someone else pointed that out to me.

And then there were the infamous "Mupetvision" and "Will Tunner" incidents.

Hmmmm, other mistakes Disney has made - I have a Pluto pin-on-pin where Pluto is upside down. We also have one of the Olympic jumbo pins where the top pin-on-pin is upside down. There was a large e-ticket pin that was released about a year ago that had a ton of mistakes, so they pulled it. Someone said that there's a typo on the keychain or magnet that was released on July 17? And then as I recall, there was instance where Mickey can't sign correctly because he's only got four digits on each hand...

Alex S.
08-05-2005, 01:45 PM
And of course there is the "men's" restroom next to Zocalo. That one drives Lani nuts.

Lani
08-05-2005, 02:19 PM
And of course there is the "men's" restroom next to Zocalo. That one drives Lani nuts.
No, it's the "mens" restroom according to the sign. "Men's" would be correct.

And actually, they could have done either of the following:

LADIES
MEN

LADIES'
MEN'S

But they have "Ladies" and "Mens" and that is just SO wrong.

And if you happen to be reading this and you a) don't understand what's wrong, or b) don't understand why people make a fuss about such things, then there's a very good chance you will never be hired as a profesional writer or editor.

Dom262
08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
I have an Omnibus from the Olszewski Main Street collection that only has the signage on the one side.

cstephens
08-05-2005, 02:42 PM
And if you happen to be reading this and you a) don't understand what's wrong, or b) don't understand why people make a fuss about such things, then there's a very good chance you will never be hired as a profesional writer or editor.

There's a sign on a door here at work that makes me crazy. It's a door that people use all the time but that shuts after each person goes through it. The sign on the door says "Keep door closed at all times." Well, if it's supposed to be closed at all times, that means we're breaking the rules every time we open it to go through it, aren't we? If it's supposed to be closed at all times, why don't you just bolt the door shut? Drive anyone else crazy...?

Maus
08-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Did you notice that on the completer pin the tickets A-E are backwards? Could that be the reason?

Dizpins News and Information (http://www.dizpins.com/)

Scroll down midway to see it.

tod
08-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Did you notice that on the completer pin the tickets A-E are backwards? Could that be the reason?

Actually, they aren't reversed. When they first came out, the E tickets were the longest. In time, that changed.

--t

tod
08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
No, it's the "mens" restroom according to the sign. "Men's" would be correct.

And actually, they could have done either of the following:

LADIES
MEN

LADIES'
MEN'S

But they have "Ladies" and "Mens" and that is just SO wrong.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, only "MENS" is wrong. "LADIES" passes the smell test. As Lani points out, there are a couple of ways to bring them in sync with each other... but only one is wrong.

--t

Maus
08-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Actually, they aren't reversed. When they first came out, the E tickets were the longest. In time, that changed.

--t

When the ticket books first came out I didn't think there were any E tickets, but maybe that's before there were ticket books. Thanks, as always, tod, for the history lesson. :)

Darkbeer
08-06-2005, 08:43 AM
When the ticket books first came out (a few months after park opening), there weren't any D tickets either, just A, B and C's... though D's were added fairly shortly after the ticket books came out.

The E ticket was added in believe in 1957.

millionairegirl
08-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Not to mention the various mistakes on signage all over the resort. For example the one outside TOT while it was under construction and the one on Tom Sawyer's Island (which I'm convinced was not supposed to be 'colorful' language).

They need a competant editor on staff, stat!

SoCalDude
08-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Not even the pennies are safe ;)

http://parkpennies.com/Matternhorn.htm

olegc
08-06-2005, 02:24 PM

I remember that quest and I really liked it - and kept thinking why did they not ever produce a T-shirt. Well, I kind of know why - but if someone could PM me on the issue that will bring closure to one of my long-term unanswered questions.

olegc
08-06-2005, 02:27 PM
The text says that the pins will still be offered - but does not specify if it's only the ones for sale or does it include the completer pin. It's only implied - so I am curious..

The way it's phrased also indicates that maybe something else happened besides the mispelling - since they are still offering the pin without the CBJ pin. Maybe the cards were not correct? Or ever ordered? Not like marketing folks ever forgot about a DLR event before ("what? Disneyland is part of the 50th? Who'd a thunk it?!?! " )

Maus
08-06-2005, 02:33 PM
If anyone sees the completer pin on a rack let me know--it's the only one I liked any way.

tod
08-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Did you catch the SHAG pin boxes? :~D

You mean this?

--t

cstephens
08-06-2005, 09:25 PM
If anyone sees the completer pin on a rack let me know--it's the only one I liked any way.

I'm told the completer pin will be showing up on cast lanyards, so be on the lookout. There should be a billion of them, I would expect.

And I was also told that it wasn't a problem with just the Pooh pin. There was a problem with the card as well. sigh.

Mark Goldhaber
08-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I wonder if I get partial blame for the cancellation...
I probably should get the blame (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=695979&postcount=8).

Disneyfun
08-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I probably should get the blame (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=695979&postcount=8).
You blew it. You needed to go buy the pin then tell them. THen they would of taken all of the stock off and your pin would be worth $$$$$$$$$$$$
LOL :p