PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Merchandise

Disney4Me
08-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi, Can one of the regular DisneyLand goers let me know what type of merchandise they have at Star Tours (Star Wars stuff) I saw a neat Jedi Mickey my son would like but don't know if it is there still. I also heard they had a Darth Tater Head. One thing I know he will be looking for is a costume. I expect they will be in the 50-60 dollar range. Probably a cape or maybe a storm trooper kinda thing. Thanks for your information. :)

SteveK
08-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Hi, Can one of the regular DisneyLand goers let me know what type of merchandise they have at Star Tours (Star Wars stuff) I saw a neat Jedi Mickey my son would like but don't know if it is there still. I also heard they had a Darth Tater Head. One thing I know he will be looking for is a costume. I expect they will be in the 50-60 dollar range. Probably a cape or maybe a storm trooper kinda thing. Thanks for your information. :)

Being a SW geek, I always stop there when I'm in the park. Here are the basic things you can find there:
Some action figures & other toys
legos
models
posters
shirts & hats
stuffed animals (no jedi mickey anymore for now)
books
mugs
some other high end collectibles (helmets, pins, sabers, etc.)

There are no costumes and they didn't have Darth Tater last time I was there. However, you can probably find it cheaper in your local target as they appear to be available everywhere now.

The overall selection is hit and miss. You have to get lucky to get some of the cooler items...which usually get bought up pretty quickly. I'll stop by during lunch next week and see if there is anything else new.
-Steve

Disney4Me
08-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Being a SW geek, I always stop there when I'm in the park. Here are the basic things you can find there:
Some action figures & other toys
legos
models
posters
shirts & hats
stuffed animals (no jedi mickey anymore for now)
books
mugs
some other high end collectibles (helmets, pins, sabers, etc.)

There are no costumes and they didn't have Darth Tater last time I was there. However, you can probably find it cheaper in your local target as they appear to be available everywhere now.

The overall selection is hit and miss. You have to get lucky to get some of the cooler items...which usually get bought up pretty quickly. I'll stop by during lunch next week and see if there is anything else new.
-Steve

:crying: No Jedi Mickey or Taters? That is the saddest thing I have heard today. Oh, I am so pathetic! lol We have been to all of the stores locally since before the show came out. I think the merchandising(sp?) on it was super poor. My son was lucky enough to get one of the lightsabers and an action figure. Since then there has been zero on the shelves. You may find some old action figures or a chess set but no costumes/t-shirts/toys etc. There is a huge amount of BatMan toys and the Fantastic 4. I don't know what happened buy they sure missed a major opportunity on marketing here. One cool thing we did find though was an FX lightsaber at another town last week. Now that was something neat. Thanks.

EchoThree76
08-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks to Ebay, I just bought a Jedi Mickey for $15. I've also seen the Darth Tater for $12. Every once in a while you'll see a Star Tours Tshirt there too. But half the fun IS buying it at Star Trader!

Mark Mywords
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Jedi Mickey was there when we were at the park in late June. Unfortunately, we waited until the last day of the trip to try to go grab one and they were out! We ended up getting one through the Laughing Place shopping service.

On our next rip we're going to try to score a "Captain Rex" (the droid pilot on Stour Tours) action figure.

Scalper10
08-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Good Luck finding REX. When we were there on 50th weekend. The Star Tours shop didnt have any Star Tours figures. I have read that they have since gotten the newest Star Tours figures (wave 4). Photo is from Rebelscum.com

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/startours_wave3_front.jpg

Jedi Mickey was there when we were at the park in late June. Unfortunately, we waited until the last day of the trip to try to go grab one and they were out! We ended up getting one through the Laughing Place shopping service.

On our next rip we're going to try to score a "Captain Rex" (the droid pilot on Stour Tours) action figure.

pretty Omi
08-05-2005, 02:15 AM
well.... i was there today and they plenty of Jedi Mickey and Darth Tater in stock... guess it was a shipment day!

Disney4Me
08-05-2005, 06:49 AM
well.... i was there today and they plenty of Jedi Mickey and Darth Tater in stock... guess it was a shipment day!

Do you think they will hold one till Oct 9th? rolf! At least I now know if I see one down there to grab it as they don't seem to stay on the shelf long. Thanks

Disney4Me
08-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Good Luck finding REX. When we were there on 50th weekend. The Star Tours shop didnt have any Star Tours figures. I have read that they have since gotten the newest Star Tours figures (wave 4). Photo is from Rebelscum.com

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/startours_wave3_front.jpgThese, we have never seen. Neat.

yeartolate
08-05-2005, 07:14 AM
http://store1.yimg.com/I/wizarduniverse_1857_14216112

We are waiting for this one.

cstephens
08-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Glad to see they finally got a shipment of Jedi Mickeys. They've been out for some time now. Darth Tater is available at Engineer Toys in DCA, and we also saw a bunch at Walmart last week.

(from someone who has Jedi Mickey standing next to Darth Tater on the desk as we speak)

Gone2Disneyland
08-05-2005, 09:58 AM
I think the merchandising(sp?) on it was super poor. My son was lucky enough to get one of the lightsabers and an action figure. Since then there has been zero on the shelves. You may find some old action figures or a chess set but no costumes/t-shirts/toys etc. There is a huge amount of BatMan toys and the Fantastic 4. I don't know what happened buy they sure missed a major opportunity on marketing here.

I had the good fortune of designing SW kid's meal toys for the re-release and Ep I. Remember the summer after Ep I was out? Retailers were glutted with an over abundance of SW merchandise, as were Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC. Basically Lucasfilm over licensed it, and I'm positive that experience left a bad taste to this day with retailers. So stores are very cautious about overstock on SW toys. At least Batman has on-going cartoons (Batman and JLU) and FF has their comic books, to offer a reason for rotating designs and continuing to carry inventory. From a business sense, it's better to sell out than fear holding onto stock that may not sell through.

Black Pearl
08-05-2005, 10:34 AM
http://store1.yimg.com/I/wizarduniverse_1857_14216112

We are waiting for this one.

Is this real? Is there a stormtrooper Mr. Potatoe head?

Arnie
08-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Is this real? Is there a stormtrooper Mr. Potatoe head?

Yes it is real: Spudtrooper pre-order (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=3850)

Matt Hamand
08-05-2005, 05:59 PM
ahem (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=45012)

Disney4Me
08-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I had the good fortune of designing SW kid's meal toys for the re-release and Ep I. Remember the summer after Ep I was out? Retailers were glutted with an over abundance of SW merchandise, as were Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC. Basically Lucasfilm over licensed it, and I'm positive that experience left a bad taste to this day with retailers. So stores are very cautious about overstock on SW toys. At least Batman has on-going cartoons (Batman and JLU) and FF has their comic books, to offer a reason for rotating designs and continuing to carry inventory. From a business sense, it's better to sell out than fear holding onto stock that may not sell through.

Actually now that you mention it I remember picking up a bunch of Darth Maul lightsabers (wish we still had them) for dirt cheap at Zellers quite a few years ago for the neice and nephews. If I had hind site I would have kept a few for my boy. I can say though that most of the extra stuff I saw was those figures that were not main (and are still at the store now!) and those action figures that talked or someting with a micro chip. No storm troopers or good stuff the kids want. My son is not a true collector. He wants to play with them and wear his costumes. He tried to keep one in the package but that only lasted around a week or so. So I guess you are right it is better to sell out. I imagine that if I had a garage sale and sold light sabers I could make a pretty penny for sure. lol I can just hear it now, "Mom, have you seen any of my Star Wars stuff?"

Disney4Me
08-06-2005, 11:08 PM
0h I can see this trip is going to get out of hand fast if they stock this kind of stuff. My son is a hockey/starwars nut. He had two Hockey taters and I think he is going to have a hard time deciding what to choose to spend his hard earned dollars on. I had a load of gravel delivered today and he was begging to help to earn some extra spending money for the trip. I checked his wallet and I think he is only up to fifty some odd dollars so I hope the enthusiam keeps up. He seems to think that is a lot of money. (Took him a long time to earn it anyways) He does not know yet but I will match him dollar for dollar. That way if he saves a hundred before we go he will have two hundred there. For those of you that think that that is too much to give a child for spending...please remember that this is a once every five year event and that every dollar he has saved has been well earned. I also would have probably bought him some agreed upon things down there but this way he has his own budget to play with and it is a learning experience. Let us be real though if they have a Darth Tater and a Strorm Tater and he has to choose I guess I will buy the other just for me and let him keep it in his room. Lol. I am such a big kid. They should not let me loose in Disneyland!

TowerofTerror
08-07-2005, 12:54 AM
since you will match it. I think it is great learning experience for him.it give him responsibility and how to budget what he has earned even if it not a lot.Well hope he like that you will match the amount that he has saved for the trip