PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto or Goofy's Kitchen?

disneyrand
08-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I want to make reservations for Lunch for my wife's birthday in the park. Which one would be "funner" if I mentioned the event to a cast member/ I'm not looking for VIP treatment or anything just something funf for her to remember. Thanks.

DR

hlbtimes2
08-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I've heard good things about both. Ariels is a fixed menu, Goofy's is a buffet. At Goofy's you'll see a mix of characthers. At Ariels you'll more then likely see princesses (looking your ticker, you'll get there the day it becomes a princess meal). Goofy's you have to leave the park and go to the Disneyland hotel, Ariels you would be easier.

If you want to see pricing and menus try www.dlresortinfo.com

markarkaymat
08-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I read that Ariel's Grotto will be changing from Captain Mickey to the Princesses. Haven't tried either but we have PS for Goofy's Kitchen.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-04-2005, 02:10 PM
We did Ariel's November 2004 and it was nice. I think this fall we are going to do both! Can't decide!

disneyrand
08-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I read that Ariel's Grotto will be changing from Captain Mickey to the Princesses. Haven't tried either but we have PS for Goofy's Kitchen.

Thanks to both. I think the buffet would be an easier fit for our family of 5 and our COMPLETELY different tastes.

DR

Disney Vault
08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
I like Goofy's kitchen alot but I have never done the Ariel one. The one at the Grand Californian is also very good. I would actually say that one had the best food but I liked the character more at Goofy's kitchen.

kohl
08-04-2005, 03:20 PM
My vote is for Goofy's Kitchen. We love that place!

EandCDad
08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
The food is much, much, much better at Ariel's. Much better. Much. That said, I think they both are pretty fun and we had good character interaction at both. I'd never go back to Goofy's, though, the food is crappy.

BQ2
08-04-2005, 09:30 PM
We like Ariel's Grotto better that Goofy's Kitchen for lunch. Outside dining. Better food. much more character interaction at Ariels. My .02 :)