PDA

View Full Version : My Trip To Disneyland

SactoGuy
08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
I was at the park this week, on sunday 7/31 and monday 8/1 and had a great time! DL was'nt to crowded believe it or not. The longest waits were Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. They both had over an hour wait time. The longest lines after that were about 15 minutes! The only things that sucked were that the Splash Mountain and Space Mountain fast passes were all given out by 12!.

On Sunday, SM was closed for "technical difficulties" off and on. But around 11pm we got to go on and got to ride it 3 times in a row!!!! and i do have to say the new SM is amazing, you can't even see the other cars on the track, the sound track is pretty cool too!. The parade wasn't that great i thought. For some reason i remember them being better, but i think thats b/c i was younger. I didn't have any really serious complaints about any of the rides, the park or anything all though its a small world needs some repairs. A lot of the dolls weren't working, and paint was faded, paper was torn, or falling off. That was kinda sad, I would think that ride would be kept in pristine condition considering it's kinda one of the hallmark disney attractions. Disneyland was probably the in the best shape i have seen it for a long time. I hope they keep it up, like they use to. The food was so so, i think the Turkeylegs between Small world and the tea cups (in front of the old speed boat ride), were a pleasent suprise. I think i ate like 4 of them in one day :D . For dinner we ate at the River Belle Terrace, and watched the first showing up Fantasmic. The food was good, not the best but it was good. The Strawberry shortcake desert was really good hahaha. The Crowd control people did a really good job of keeping people from stopping in the walk ways and blocking our views, and a really good job of keeping people seated at their tables where we were eating. The fireworks , were great but we were still over by new orleans square/frontierland so we didn't get the full effect (that was saved for the next night). I finally went on the new Winnie the Pooh ride. It was cute, and then Pooh has an acid trip or something hahaha, Splash Mountain was the only other ride i thought needed some fixing up, alot of the animatronics werent working :( . we left at 1am, begged and bargined with the ride operators at midnight to let us on a few more rides, and then did our shopping on mainstreet... I would say it was a good day. Unfortunetaly my group i don't know would say that, i was kinda a dictator at the park, it was my way or the highway hehehe...gotta work on that.

Monday,

It was more crowded but not too bad, ride waits were about 25 minutes. We went to DL early and rode a few rides, and when it got crowded headed over to California Adventure. Now this is my first time ever going there, the last time i was at DL it a week from opening. The Hollywood back lot was fun. Hollywood tower of terror was great! My group wanted to see the ALadin show, and the canceled it right as we were about to enter the theater, that sucked we heard it was a good show. then we went to the muppets in 3d.. I LOVED the muppets growing up, and thats all i can really say about it. We couldn't figure out how to get into the turtle talk, the sign said "Spend time with the princesses." So i didn't get to see that =(. Next we sat and watched the block party parade. I can say it was better then the DL parade, but it was like a cheer camp on crack. I can see little kids, or cheerleaders liking it alot. Next was Soarin over California, actualy really cool! Then we went to the rapids ride, and this was probably the funnest rapids ride i have been on, usualy they are borring and you get over being soaking wet fairly quick. Then we headed over to the peir part. The rides were so-so. The mullholand drive ride almost killed me, the Orange ride was really short, and the zephyr ride?. The mailiboomer was fun, the Coaster was still closed, and my finaly gripe.... the swinging ferris wheel. It would have been fun if they let you do a couple full revolutions. All they did was let us get on, then loaded the next 3 cars, and the next 3 cars and so on, then let us off!

I noticed there was a lot of empty space, hopefully disney will get a good group of imagineers in there and put some quality rides in soon. We stayed for the electrical parade. I think the most exciting all day happened there. One of the little bugs in the front of the parade slammed into a garbage can and sent a guy flying. He flew into one of my boyfriend, and was hardly injured. Although i swear there were about 20 ambulance chasers there in 10 seconds flat, telling him he was hurt. All the sudden he thought his head was bleeding etc... hopefully he isn't that hurt, as he was pretty young, and if he isn't hurt i hope he doesn't take advantage of the situation... all though the caterpiller driver was going a little crazy, they should watch that b/c if that was a kid or an elderly person, it would have serious.

So that sums up my DCA time, i didn't really like it. I thought they could have done a lot better and next time i think ill just go to the hollywood tower of terror, Soarin, the rapids, try to ride the coaster, watch the electrical parade, and head back to DL for fireworks. I was really dissappointed with the park :(. I expected a lot more from Disney.

We headed back to DL watched the fireworks, this time right in front of the castle. This made what was already an amazing fireworks display a 100 times better. Then we went on a few more rides... and big thunder mountain is way better at night! The line for space mountain was again a 70 min or more wait, i got my fill of SM earlier in the day!, then went on Splash Mountain, Pirates, Haunted mansion, watched the next fantasmic, then splash mountain again, and the pirates one more time :D (it's my favourite ride). Got our gifts and left =(.

So for two days we had a great time, even with the DCA dissappointment, but we had to try it! I still want to get a book they had there the "Disneyland: Then, Now and Forever" book. It was pretty cool seeing all the old rides, and stuff. I did pick up the two disc set of sounds from the park that was cool, i have the soundtrack for space mountain now i made it the ringer on my phone :D

but it was a good time. I wish i had more time. Two days seemed kinda short. We stayed at the marriot right across the street. It was a nice hotel and the Staff was super nice! and it was right across the street took like 5 minutes to walk to the front gate. So anyhooo it was a good time for me anyways hehehe, my friends not so sure, but i think they were too affraid to tell me if they didn't hahaha. When is a good time during oct-dec to go? and is the park open till midnight then?

coronado_g
08-04-2005, 01:36 PM
SactoGuy ~ Good trip report! That was great that you got to go on Space Mountain 3 times in a row so late. It was your lucky night.
And eating FOUR (4) turkey legs must be some kind of record for sure.
Thanks for taking the time to share your DLR experience with us!

SactoGuy
08-04-2005, 02:04 PM
The Turkeylegs were freaking great hahaha, I got addicted, and only 5 or 6 bucks i cant remember but it was good... oh yeah and i got one of them Buzz light year cups where you drink out of him hehehe

Mermaid
08-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I still want to get a book they had there the "Disneyland: Then, Now and Forever" book.
I am having a friend pick this up for me while she is there this weekend. Is this at the emporium? Is it something she will easily find or do I have to send her on a scavenger hunt?! Thanks!!

SCUBAbe
08-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I am having a friend pick this up for me while she is there this weekend. Is this at the emporium? Is it something she will easily find or do I have to send her on a scavenger hunt?! Thanks!!

it's kind of in a weird spot. I just asked a CM where it was and then found it pretty quick, but if I was looking for it....well, it would have been a lot longer...LOL

SactoGuy
08-04-2005, 08:25 PM

you can find it at any store. Just look for all the 50th anniversary stuff, i saw it at every store just about. its blue with a castle on the front, and in big gold letters has the title =)

coronado_g
08-04-2005, 08:58 PM
you can find it at any store. Just look for all the 50th anniversary stuff, i saw it at every store just about. its blue with a castle on the front, and in big gold letters has the title =)
I saw a lot of those books stacked up. Very beautiful cover. Hard to miss.

mattsmomma
08-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Question for you...I'd like to see the Block Party Bash (5:15p) and then head to DL for their parade(7p), but I can't seem to find out how long the 1st one at DCA lasts. Do you remember about how long it was? An hour? More? Thanks!!
Also, your question about Oct, the calendar isn't up yet except for the 1st, so far it's open til 12am that night. That's when I'm going, so I keep checking the DL website.

kimc0486
08-05-2005, 08:29 AM
How did you find out what time the parades were at? To me it still looks like it isn't up, and it keeps giving me ERROR on mulitple computers. :confused:

Shortiemetoo
08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Great trip report!! Thanks for sharing!!!! I'm from Sac too!!! I love that it is not way to hard to get to DL!!! :D

SactoGuy
08-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Great trip report!! Thanks for sharing!!!! I'm from Sac too!!! I love that it is not way to hard to get to DL!!! :D

yeah its not too bad just six hours... but its around the point where you get to magic mountain... and your just drewling to be at DL and go on some rides. It's definetly a good 4 day weekend excusion! and yay another sacramento disney nut =) :D

BigAlH
08-05-2005, 10:41 AM
yay another sacramento disney nut =) :D

Sacramento native here, but I'm just North in Roseville now. When driving down to DL you hit all that smog on the other side of the Grapevine.. makes you realize how nice it is up here. :D

Darkbeer
08-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Question for you...I'd like to see the Block Party Bash (5:15p) and then head to DL for their parade(7p), but I can't seem to find out how long the 1st one at DCA lasts. Do you remember about how long it was? An hour? More? Thanks!!
Also, your question about Oct, the calendar isn't up yet except for the 1st, so far it's open til 12am that night. That's when I'm going, so I keep checking the DL website.

Block Party Bash last about 15 minutes...

It starts at the first location (the Sunshine Plaza area) at 5:15, moves to the second area (the Golden Vine Winery/Farm area) at about 5:30, and repeats the same 15 minute show, then moves to the third area along Route 66 at about 5:45 PM. If it is too hot, they do cancel the third showing....

So if you watch it at either of the first 2 locations, you will be out of the park before 6 PM, and have plenty of time to get a seat for the 7 PM Parade of Dreams.

Note: There is a good chance that the times of the Parade of Dreams and Block Party Bash will be changing for the off-season.

jrsharp21
08-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Sacramento native here, but I'm just North in Roseville now. When driving down to DL you hit all that smog on the other side of the Grapevine.. makes you realize how nice it is up here. :D

Another Roseville-ian!

The grapevine is a tease. Almost there, but yet still so far.

coronado_g
08-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Sactoguy ~ I'm still marvelling at your consumption of FOUR (4) turkey legs!
Must have been a bib and Handy-Wipe sort of day.

Pat-n-Eil
08-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Let's hear it for Roseville.

I plan on partaking in my first Disneyland Turkey leg this year.. Monday or Tuesday.

SactoGuy
08-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Sactoguy ~ I'm still marvelling at your consumption of FOUR (4) turkey legs!
Must have been a bib and Handy-Wipe sort of day.

hehe i was amazed too! but they are addicting, and for those of you wondering where they are.... they are right in the intersection by where the matterhorn, teacups and its a small word is. Theres a gift chalet, a churo stand and soemthing else all in one, right on the pier that use to be where you could ride the motorized motor boats... hehe it helps i play rugby i guess hehehe and have a big appetite :D

mattsmomma
08-05-2005, 07:28 PM
darkbeer, thanks so much for the parade info!! Much appreciated for a newbie to the park this Oct! :)