PDA

View Full Version : Snow White show to go on Hiatus for 9 months.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkbeer
08-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Well, the off-season decisions are being made, and the Snow White cast has been informed that they will go on a 9 month hiatus after Labor Day, and then return for a 11 week performence in Summer 2006. Those will be the last shows, as a new show is in the planning stages to premiere in Spring/Summer of 2007.

Also, the decision was made to return Aladdin to 5 days a week operation.

And the Electrical Parade folks have already been told they will be going on a 9 month Hiatus as of Labor Day...

I haven't heard of the final decisions for...

Block Party Bash (will run either 3 days a week, or 7)

Fantasmic!

Rememeber Fireworks

Parade of Dreams (but I am pretty sure that will remain 7 days a week, with just one showing on the off-season weekdays).

If anyone knows about the decisions, could you be nice enough to let us know... Thanks!

hlbtimes2
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm starting to wonder if we will have anything to watch for our fall trip! I sure hope there is something going on while we are there. I know we chose the off season, but geez, sounds like they might be pulling most of the entertainment. I hope the updates to follow are more positive.

markarkaymat
08-04-2005, 09:50 AM
How sad that I am planning to take my daughter to Disneyland for the first time and many things will be "closed". She's only 15 months old and won't remember a thing but I am sure for the moment she would have enjoyed it! Please let us all know if it is true. I heard about the Electric Parade not operating after Labor Day and was sad to hear of it. And now Snow White? I haven't seen it myself but heard it was good. At least I can save money trying to find a preferred seating ticket on eBay.

Camthalio
08-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Oh no! No Snow White during our first ever visit in Disneyland! We arrive 09/10/05 and were looking so much forward to watch that show! :(

evrythngwmn
08-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, that explains why I found the t-shirts for $5 at Co. D.

Niwel
08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Well, maybe they'll bring back Mickey's Nutcracker (wishful thinking)....

Darkbeer
08-04-2005, 11:09 AM
^ I doubt it, it looks like they will leave the stage standing for the 2006 shows, so it would be hard to place another show in the theater....

littlemissgorgeous
08-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, the off-season decisions are being made, and the Snow White cast has been informed that they will go on a 9 month hiatus after Labor Day, and then return for a 11 week performence in Summer 2006. Those will be the last shows, as a new show is in the planning stages to premiere in Spring/Summer of 2007.

Also, the decision was made to return Aladdin to 5 days a week operation.

And the Electrical Parade folks have already been told they will be going on a 9 month Hiatus as of Labor Day...

I haven't heard of the final decisions for...

Block Party Bash (will run either 3 days a week, or 7)

Fantasmic!

Rememeber Fireworks

Parade of Dreams (but I am pretty sure that will remain 7 days a week, with just one showing on the off-season weekdays).

If anyone knows about the decisions, could you be nice enough to let us know... Thanks!

this really sucks :mad: ...I hope I can catch at least some of the stuff, but that would mean I have to go to DL on the weekend before labour day..propably no good idea ????

Hakuna Makarla
08-04-2005, 12:36 PM
its a sad day here, I wanted to see snow white, and also film electric parade when I went, :(

tod
08-04-2005, 12:44 PM

And how long has Light Magic been on "hiatus"?

--t
wondering

Andrew
08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
And how long has Light Magic been on "hiatus"?
Labor Day weekend, 1997. And there was much rejoicing...

-- Andrew, who knows it was a rhetorical question

Disneyfreak
08-04-2005, 01:11 PM
I personally thought the snow white show was really bad and boring. I was about to walk out. The only shows worth your time are Fantasmic, Remember Dreams Come True, Aladdin, and Electrical Parade.

mraw
08-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I personally thought the snow white show was really bad and boring. I was about to walk out. The only shows worth your time are Fantasmic, Remember Dreams Come True, Aladdin, and Electrical Parade.

I agree. I went to sleep during the show- and when I wasn't asleep, I was getting motion sickness from seeing that cottage spin back and forth a million times.

Disney Vault
08-04-2005, 01:41 PM
How sad that I am planning to take my daughter to Disneyland for the first time and many things will be "closed". She's only 15 months old and won't remember a thing but I am sure for the moment she would have enjoyed it! Please let us all know if it is true. I heard about the Electric Parade not operating after Labor Day and was sad to hear of it. And now Snow White? I haven't seen it myself but heard it was good. At least I can save money trying to find a preferred seating ticket on eBay.
Take her to see Aladdin. She will love that too and she will probably be amazed when they fly over the audience on the magic carpet.

Wendi
08-04-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about the fireworks for the holiday season... I wanna know so bad!!!

Disney Vault
08-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about the fireworks for the holiday season... I wanna know so bad!!!
Me too. It could depend what time of year we will visit. I want to see the 50th fireworks but I also love all the chritmas decorations.

markarkaymat
08-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Take her to see Aladdin. She will love that too and she will probably be amazed when they fly over the audience on the magic carpet.
We will. Thanks! Already won my preferred seating tickets...just waiting for them to come in the mail. :D

hdlzx2
08-04-2005, 03:24 PM
and PotC will be closed, too?

markarkaymat
08-04-2005, 04:19 PM
and PotC will be closed, too?
What is PotC?

Andrew
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean

Fozzie
08-04-2005, 04:22 PM

And Playhouse Disney. Especially if you've got kids. :)

Snow White is actually a better show than Aladdin in terms of structure and continuity. But it does lack the "spectical" element, and the pace is much slower. If your attention span requires those two things then, yes, I'd stay away from Snow White....

SCUBAbe
08-04-2005, 04:54 PM

I would scratch fanatasmic off my lisr. I saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was soooo boring...we left before it ended.

Drince88
08-04-2005, 05:13 PM
And Playhouse Disney. Especially if you've got kids. :)

Ok, I was under the impression that Playhouse Disney was ONLY if you had kids! Am I actually missing something here?

Little tod
08-04-2005, 05:16 PM
I read the title and thought: What, is she pregnant?

Crazy4DL
08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
I would scratch fanatasmic off my lisr. I saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was soooo boring...we left before it ended.

:eek: