PDA

View Full Version : Forty Pounds of Trouble (Vintage DL in Film)

10-97
08-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Earlier today while watching cable TV, I channel-surfed into the middle of a movie I had never seen before, a comedy from 1962 called "Forty Pounds of Trouble." At first I thought it was interesting how one outdoor scene looked a lot like Tom Sawyer's Island. Then I realized it WAS the old Tom Sawyer's Island, that this part of the script had the actors running through Disneyland. I watch lots of old movies, and I'm surprised I'd never heard of this one.

I recorded a later showing. It was fun to see footage of Disneyland 1962. It's worth watching if you have the chance.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Earlier today while watching cable TV, I channel-surfed into the middle of a movie I had never seen before, a comedy from 1962 called "Forty Pounds of Trouble." At first I thought it was interesting how one outdoor scene looked a lot like Tom Sawyer's Island. Then I realized it WAS the old Tom Sawyer's Island, that this part of the script had the actors running through Disneyland. I watch lots of old movies, and I'm surprised I'd never heard of this one.

I recorded a later showing. It was fun to see footage of Disneyland 1962. It's worth watching if you have the chance.

That would be really cool to watch. I will have to look on Tivo and see if I can find it. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Opus1guy
08-03-2005, 10:12 PM
This Tony Curtis film has always been a great source of vintage Disneyland footage. They took a lot of liberties with many funny geographical gaffs in it, however. Such as standing up on the Tomorrowland Monorail Station and looking down upon the Main Gate and the parking lot!

Disney Vault
08-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks for telling me. I just ordered it from the library now. I wonder how long it will take to get.