PDA

View Full Version : Face characters

Black Pearl
08-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Alright. This is a little silly, but one time, I went gaa-gaa over Mary Poppins at the front gate. I was about 12 and I was in love. This ever happen to anyone else? (please tell me it has) :D

T&Rshep
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I still go gaa-gaa over Mary Poppins and I'm an adult now. Even though I know it's not Julie Andrew I think I just get swept up in the moment when I'm at the park. My husband get a little shy around the pricesses every time we're there. My dad has had a crush on Sleeping Beauty for as long as I can remember, even though it's a different lady each time he sees her.

Black Pearl
08-03-2005, 01:26 PM
I still go gaa-gaa over Mary Poppins and I'm an adult now. Even though I know it's not Julie Andrew I think I just get swept up in the moment when I'm at the park. My husband get a little shy around the pricesses every time we're there. My dad has had a crush on Sleeping Beauty for as long as I can remember, even though it's a different lady each time he sees her.

I know what you're saying. I have an 8 year old daughter so I get carte blanche when it comes to Princess interaction and EVERY TIME I end up standing there saying, "You're Purty......"(At least thats what my wife would have me believe I said when I come out of my stupor). :D

SarahShep
08-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Prince Phillip...2001...HOT! My sister, her friend and I still talk about it to this day. Peter Pan wasn't bad looking either, that year...he definitely didn't have much of a little kid look about him...not like the guy playing him this year who looks 12. He was a little short though. LOL My sister tells stories of the guy playing Tarzan (around the time the movie first came out)...Apparently he was gorgeous as well. He even had my aunt weak in the knees!

LOYL2DZNY
08-03-2005, 02:42 PM
tarzan from the parade of stars 2 years ago...don't know what his face looked like, but did it matter?! :D

Pat-n-Eil
08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
We had a nice interaction with Alice from Alice in Wonderland last time we went to Goofy's Kitchen (2004). I think my then 13 year old son got a little crush on her.. everytime we mention that Goofy's Kitchen breakfast, he always mentions Alice and how she was "so cool".. ;) We have a picture so it keeps the memory alive.

coronado_g
08-03-2005, 04:39 PM
... I get carte blanche when it comes to Princess interaction and EVERY TIME I end up standing there saying, "You're Purty......"
How witty and suave!

stitchlvr
08-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Prince Phillip...2001...HOT! My sister, her friend and I still talk about it to this day. Peter Pan wasn't bad looking either, that year...he definitely didn't have much of a little kid look about him...not like the guy playing him this year who looks 12. He was a little short though. LOL My sister tells stories of the guy playing Tarzan (around the time the movie first came out)...Apparently he was gorgeous as well. He even had my aunt weak in the knees!

I remember that Tarzan. All the moms were going nuts over him. The kids were oblivious!

SCUBAbe
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
wheni was a teenager I followed peter pan around once, because I thought he was so hot....but looking back i just hope it was a guy :eek:...LOL

drjones
08-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Ariel!!

Ariel!!!

Ariel!!!!!!

She's Purdy!!!

Osky
08-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Let me just say that the princess breakfast is as much for me as it is my daughter... :)

ILoveChurros
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
tarzan from the parade of stars 2 years ago...don't know what his face looked like, but did it matter?! :D

mmm Tarzan, I can't tell you guys how much I hated parade of stars yet still watched it for Tarzan...I need to go clean my puddle of drool now.

coronado_g
08-03-2005, 10:05 PM
So Tarzan wasn't technically a Face Character - he was more like a BODY character! Got it, girls! LOL!

Vegitabeta
08-04-2005, 02:21 AM
I've seen a couple of nice Aladdins in WDW :)

leotatoombs
08-04-2005, 02:34 AM
So Tarzan wasn't technically a Face Character - he was more like a BODY character! Got it, girls! LOL! At least on that elephant in the parade of dreams. you could see right up his loincloth!
:eek:

DrewR
08-04-2005, 05:06 AM
On our last trip to DL, my son (8 yrs old) developed quite a puppy-dog crush on Jane. He wouldn't look her in the eye! I told my wife about it and at lunch she asked him what he liked about Jane. His response: "NOTHING!" (Looking down at the floor and turning bright red.)

Black Pearl
08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
How witty and suave!

Serious. I get this, "Aw, shucks" mentality when standing before Cinderella or Belle. Complete with the giggles, kicking imaginary stones, etc. It has never been filmed, (thank goodness) but if it was, it would be a good laugh. about the Tarzans at DL, you never know Californians, you could be looking at your future governor in a loin cloth. :p

The Fairest Beauty
09-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Lol, I get really shy around all the characters. Peter Pan pissed me off!! He's soo cocky!! Lol, but I know that's his character! Here's how our meeting went:

Me: "Can I have a picture with you?" (In a sweet voice)

Peter: (in a cocky voice) "Why?"

Me: "Because I would like one, thankyou."

Peter: "What will you give me?" (with a bored tone)

Me: "Erm, I dunno? What do you want?"

Peter: "Here, give me this." (pulls a leaf off the tree and hands it to me)

Me: "Uh ok, here." (hands leaf back to Peter)

(Then my friend Scottie butts in)

Scottie: "Peter pose like this!" (puts hands on hips in a macho way)

Peter: (In a cocky voice again) "Well, if you're so good at it why don't you take the picture with her!!!"

Me: (getting a little perturbed) "No, Peter I would like to take the picture with you"

Then finally we took the picture after what felt like 10 minutes of talking to the cute, but rude Peter Pan!

kinglouie1967
09-15-2005, 03:22 PM
The Meg at the Magic Kingdom in WDW was pretty cute.

I'm waiting to meet Jessica Rabbit.

My wife and I were browsing through the attractions on the Disneyland website and she seemed awfully interested in the picture of Tarzan's Treehouse, where ape-boy himself was chatting with guests.

Making monkey noises is so undignified for a mother of two young boys. Guess who has to wear a loincloth tonight. Sigh.

Whittibo
09-15-2005, 05:26 PM
oh Tarzan.. he WAS a dream wasn't he!! My daughter has a picture of him somewhere. I just HAVE to pull that picture out!

truesally
09-15-2005, 09:12 PM
oh Tarzan.. he WAS a dream wasn't he!! My daughter has a picture of him somewhere. I just HAVE to pull that picture out!
Well, I'm so glad to be in good, decent company as a drooling mom during the parade. My husband actually took a number of close-up photos of our bronzed, sweaty, hunky (!) Tarzan - which I then had to explain to everyone we showed vacation pics to...("Why so many pictures of this scene? Did the kids really like Tarzan?" Yeah, that's it ;) )

We kept seeing the same guy as Aladdin during our 5 days in May 04 - he was cute, but more endearing was his enthusiasm and how he was very sweet & charming with my kids. Now, when we were watching "Aladdin" in DCA, the guy next to me was a former Aladdin (he spoke to me briefly...*sigh*) and it was all I could do to follow my family away after the show...Yikes! Bad mom! :eek:

truesally
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Let me just say that the princess breakfast is as much for me as it is my daughter... :)
My husband was all about waiting in line to see Ariel in her special little cave, with her special little coconut bikini top..."The line's not that long! It shouldn't be much of a wait...I'll stand here for the kids. Don't they want to see Ariel? Do you want me to take their autograph books? What? Where are you going? We aren't going to talk to Ariel?"

I wonder how badly she wants to smack some guys with her flipper now & then...And that coconut bra can't be very comfortable. Did she get to retire it since she's got her legs at the Grotto? Please say yes...We're having lunch there in November, and I will be mildly aggravated if I have to thump my DH for ogling throughout the meal :rolleyes: