PDA

View Full Version : That Lame "Disneyland 50th Anniversary" DVD

Pony Sugrue
08-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I have collected throught the years, all of the souvenir videos/DVD from DISNEYLAND, EPCOT, WDW

I must say that the new 50th DVD at Disneyland is rather awful. Mainly what they did was use the same footage from the last DVD (a brisk whip through DL with a over-plug for DCA).

This should have been a retrospective of the last 50 years. The very name of the DVD alludes to something like that.

They should have least put that new Steve Martin thing on there (playing in the Lincoln Theater).

Mark Mywords
08-03-2005, 11:59 AM
My sister-in-law bought it. I have to say that I was really disappointed. There was pretty much no 50th specific material on it. It was little more than a slightly-jazzed-up version of the vacation planning video.

GrumpyUTboi
08-03-2005, 12:03 PM
I like the WDW dvd, that was pretty cool.

MrsPooh
08-03-2005, 12:25 PM
We almost bought it, until we saw the price tag, and thought, "Never mind!"

I'm glad we didn't. Thanks for the review!

ETA: We talked to a cast member at the Lincoln Theater and asked if the Steve Martin vidoe would be offered on DVD. He said they probably would, but not until after the 50th celebration. I'm going to keep my eyes out for that one, we enjoyed it!

coronado_g
08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
It was little more than a slightly-jazzed-up version of the vacation planning video.
At least the vacation planning video is free. Ah well.

adriennek
08-03-2005, 02:50 PM
On July 17th my husband (http://www.mouseplanet.com/hometheater/index.htm) was commenting on how great he thought the video footage they were showing on the jumbotrons was. It wasn't footage he recognized. At the time, he remembered that Disney had announced an upcoming Disneyland DVD that BVHE was going to release and we hoped that maybe it would have that footage plus the 50th Anniversary footage on it.

When we came home, Doc went to look it up on the BVHE media site and all references and press releases about the project were gone.

:(

Adrienne

Maus
08-03-2005, 07:03 PM
DVD: Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007Z9QWG/ref=ase_miceagecom-20/102-9054669-2072168?v=glance&s=dvd)

Is this the one? The originally posted July 17, 2005 release date was recently changed to Jan. 1, 2010! But on this page it says a date hasn't been announced. Amazon is allowing preorders.

adriennek
08-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Is this the one? The originally posted July 17, 2005 release date was recently changed to Jan. 1, 2010! But on this page it says a date hasn't been announced. Amazon is allowing preorders.

Apparently that's a default date from Amazon, but yes, that's the DVD and Doc had seen the menus for it at one point but it's sort of 'vanished' for now...

Adrienne

PartridgeFam 2004
08-03-2005, 09:22 PM
That so called 50th DVD looks like a Disney Commerical to me except its not free. That was a total waste of my money

Pony Sugrue
08-04-2005, 08:10 AM
DVD: Disneyland - The Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place on Earth (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007Z9QWG/ref=ase_miceagecom-20/102-9054669-2072168?v=glance&s=dvd)

Oh that is depressing. I was looking forward to that one big time. While I love the DISNEYLAND tin they put out a few years ago... they also need to really offer another with "FROM PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN TO THE LAND OF TOMORROW" and "DISNEYLAND SHOWTIME" along with "DISNEYLAND USA" and others. That was my favorite stuff on VAULT DISNEY. I know Eisner thought "Well we'll kill Vault Disney and release all the old movies on DVD to make more cash". Fair enough... we all can purchase quality versions of DARBY, 20K, Tremain etc... but don't forget the DISNEY PARKS, Mike!

BTW, the DVD I alluded to at the first of this thread was the 50th DISNEYLAND DVD offered only in the park. It is just a slightly more sup'd up version of the DVD they put out in '02.