PDA

View Full Version : Rides that make me nauseous

Pages : [1] 2 3

Disneynerd
08-03-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm afraid to ride Dumbo or Astro Orbitors for fear of nausea. Flick's Flyers made me a bit queasy so I'm not taking any chances.
What rides make you nauseous? What do you do to combat this problem?
Just curious:)

-Dumbo Virgin

CoasterChickie
08-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Space Mountain made me nauseous! I had to close my eyes almost the entire time and I'm not sure if I'll go on it ever again!

kimc0486
08-03-2005, 09:06 AM
The Teacups!! Round and round gets me too, I've noticed though if I have something in my stomach (not full of greasy pizza or anything) it helps, and I pop a few tums/rolaids before getting on (if I go on rides like that at all) and some afterwards if I need to. I've never tried the Orange Stinger for fear of dizzyness, but i'm sure that one would make you nauseous as well.

Disneynerd
08-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Space Mountain made me nauseous! I had to close my eyes almost the entire time and I'm not sure if I'll go on it ever again!But you're the Coasterchickie! You're going to have to change your name to
EPRipleyChickie!

Susan L
08-03-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm with the tea cups also all that spinning - yuck -

Osky
08-03-2005, 09:12 AM
The swings in the giant orange in DCA. Never been a fan of those swing rides.

Shortiemetoo
08-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Space Mountain made me nauseous! I had to close my eyes almost the entire time and I'm not sure if I'll go on it ever again!

I love your avator...too cute!! I heard a lot of people say they could ride space mountain if they had sunglasses on...and that they were not as bothered by the ride, something about the strobe lights...then I read it here on the board also...but in reference to the last brignt light at the end.
It's worth a shot Coaster Chickie!! :D

Mommy2NicknMax
08-03-2005, 09:29 AM
If I sit in the second or third rows of Soarin' I get a bit "green" feeling. Also the moving cars on the Sun Wheel. :|

Holding@Kanga
08-03-2005, 09:31 AM
The swings in the giant orange in DCA. Never been a fan of those swing rides.

Me toooo....

SassyNYLady
08-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Star Tours...happens every time.

Disneyfun
08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
The old space mountain. THe new one did not bother me culd of just been the adrillian being the first one in the ride on Aug 15th.

Star tours! Definetly.

Sometimes Soaring.

and any other spining round round like dumbo if my daughter makes me go on it over and over and over. That includes the merry-go-round.:)

CrazyTrain
08-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I've only gotten nauseous once - on the teacups, when I had a very strong person turning them and had just eaten. Oy.

disneyperson
08-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Can't do those teacups. Tooooo spinny. I think it stems from the time many years ago when a bunch of us decided to find out what would happen if we spun them as hard and as fast as we could in about 90 degree weather. Bad idea.The results weren't pretty.
Space Mountain used to bother me but it doesn't now. The refurbished version is so smooth! I love it.
My daughter always gets nauseous on Soarin'. I have to go on it alone.

Black Pearl
08-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Goat trick on BTM. Every time. (But it's soooo fun to do.)

Vegitabeta
08-03-2005, 10:08 AM

I've never done it but I can imagine! lol

ktgd03
08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
I don't get dizzy on any rides, I love them all! Because of the line at that Flying simulation ride, I have never ridden it, but want to despretly!

Monte Cristo
08-03-2005, 10:13 AM
I got on Dumbo for the first time last November as a goof for my fiancee to take pictures. I was fine at first, the ride was pretty much what I expected it to be - a leisurely little "spin". The height didn't bother me, but I noticed the repetition of the circle started to REALLY bother me. I had to look down at my feet for the duration so as not to vomit.

Other than that, I guess only Soarin' makes me a little queasy, which sucks because I love the ride.

AcuraTL
08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Star Tours for me. I've ridden in it hundreds of time but the last few times, I didn't feel quite so well. Not sure if it is from the ride or my age. :crying:

cosmicjive
08-03-2005, 10:15 AM

Okay, I have to ask.

What is the Goat Trick on BTM? Is this something you do as you go past the goat?

-Jeff "etumor"

Osky
08-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Here we go again!

Black Pearl
08-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Okay, I have to ask.

What is the Goat Trick on BTM? Is this something you do as you go past the goat?

-Jeff "etumor"

Simply put: Fix your eyes on the goat, all the way through the turn.

KeithOfTerror
08-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Eating chili fries and a burger and a half at the test pilots grill and then hitting California Screamin'. Yuck...

Disneynerd
08-03-2005, 10:24 AM
You HAD to bring up the Goat Trick. That should be in the FAQ section of MP.:)

Black Pearl
08-03-2005, 10:30 AM
You HAD to bring up the Goat Trick. That should be in the FAQ section of MP.:)

Sorry everyone. My bad. Won't happen again..........anyone seen Maynard lately? (hehehe) :p

Disneynerd
08-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Sorry everyone. My bad. Won't happen again..........anyone seen Maynard lately? (hehehe) :pWhat's Club 33 anyway?:p