PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Tour?

Smeecanada
08-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Hello, All

I went on the disney.com site to look at tours and couldn't locate the 50th Anniversary Tour that so many people are talking about. Can anyone tell me the cost for an adult/child? Plus, the different times it is run.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Call Disney Tours at (714) 781-4400 and they can give you all the info you need. I believe the tour is offered at least 3 times a day, with the first tour getting 4 rides, second (and third?) tour getting 3 rides and reserved parade seating, and last tour (5:40) getting 3 rides and reserved seating for the fireworks. It's $55 a person, and you get a few nice trinkets to take home, along with a snack. We had a great time on our 5:40 tour last week--ask for Shannon the tour guide!

T&Rshep
08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
How does it differ from the Walk in Walt's tour? I'm torn between the two for my next trip.

coronado_g
08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm peeking over the shoulders for info here, too.

sierranevada
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
It is technically called "From Imagination to Celebration" and is offered 5 times a day. The first tour gets priority boarding on 5 rides, the next three tours get priority boarding on 3 rides and preferred viewing for the parade and the last tour gets priority boarding on 3 rides and preferred viewing for the fireworks.

I have not taken the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour but have heard they are similar. IMO, we had a great time on the 50th tour and I highly recommend it.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
08-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Our tour guide for the 50th told us that you don't go on rides for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour (except for the train). To me that was one of the biggest selling points for the 50th tour (along with the reserved seating).

cstephens
08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Our tour guide for the 50th told us that you don't go on rides for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour (except for the train). To me that was one of the biggest selling points for the 50th tour (along with the reserved seating).

For me, going on rides was the least appealing thing of the 50th tour. Given a choice between the two, I'd probably pick Walt's tour because it goes into a little more history. And for those who care about that sort of thing, you also get to visit the lobby of Club 33.

Spazz
08-04-2005, 12:48 PM
I've been on both tours (WIWF and 50th) and I prefer the 50th tour, but both tours are worth experiencing at least once. The WIWF tour was fun because you get to go in the lobby of Club 33 and learn a lot of fun facts and history about Disneyland. The 50th tour was (IMO) a lot more fun. We went on the last tour of the day and went on 3 rides and got priority seating for the fireworks. We went on Splash Mountain, Pirates, and we were supposed to go on BTMRR, but it brokedown when we got there. Our tour guide, Nicole, gave us front of the line passes for an attraction of our choice. We chose Indy for our passes. You get backdoored on the attractions during the tour (boarding through the exit) so there is no waiting in line. Nicole told us that if you don't want to go on any of the attractions offered on the tour, they will give you front of the line passes for another ride. For example, if you don't want to ride Splash Mountain, you don't have to - they will give you a front of the line pass for a ride you want to go on later. I thought this was a nice gesture for those who may not want to experience a particular attraction during the tour.

On the 50th tour, the guide tells you about each decade in Disneyland's history. You also receive several gifts for taking the tour including a
5x7 photo with your tour group in front of the Mickey 50th Floral in the main gate area, a tour exclusive pin of the lamp in the window of Walt's apartment, a special ticket book with park history and a snack to eat during the fireworks. For the $55 price of this tour you get a lot of gifts that you can only get if you go on the tour so it is well worth the money.

mkcbunny
08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I've been on both tours (WIWF and 50th) and I prefer the 50th tour, but both tours are worth experiencing at least once. ...
What else do you do besides the rides and the priority seating? WiWF seems very information-related, but I haven't seen much mention of information on the 50th tour. If it focuses on the decade-by-decade progression, where do you go in the park? I did a behind-the-magic tour at WDW which was very informative and also included a couple of rides. I was leaning toward WiWF, but I'm thinking it will be available later and we should do the 50th instead. But I am curious where you go in the park. Thanks for details.

montana
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I've been on both tours (WIWF and 50th) and I prefer the 50th tour, but both tours are worth experiencing at least once. The WIWF tour was fun because you get to go in the lobby of Club 33 and learn a lot of fun facts and history about Disneyland. The 50th tour was (IMO) a lot more fun. We went on the last tour of the day and went on 3 rides and got priority seating for the fireworks. We went on Splash Mountain, Pirates, and we were supposed to go on BTMRR, but it brokedown when we got there. Our tour guide, Nicole, gave us front of the line passes for an attraction of our choice. We chose Indy for our passes. You get backdoored on the attractions during the tour (boarding through the exit) so there is no waiting in line. Nicole told us that if you don't want to go on any of the attractions offered on the tour, they will give you front of the line passes for another ride. For example, if you don't want to ride Splash Mountain, you don't have to - they will give you a front of the line pass for a ride you want to go on later. I thought this was a nice gesture for those who may not want to experience a particular attraction during the tour.

On the 50th tour, the guide tells you about each decade in Disneyland's history. You also receive several gifts for taking the tour including a
5x7 photo with your tour group in front of the Mickey 50th Floral in the main gate area, a tour exclusive pin of the lamp in the window of Walt's apartment, a special ticket book with park history and a snack to eat during the fireworks. For the $55 price of this tour you get a lot of gifts that you can only get if you go on the tour so it is well worth the money.
Is the 50th tour the only options for reserved seats for the fireworks? Are they really great seats? Also is the tour appropiate for children 6 & 7? Thanks

mkcbunny
08-30-2005, 06:55 PM
How far out do they book this tour? We were hoping 60 days, as we've passed the 90-day window for our vakay :eek:

Help!

Niwel
08-30-2005, 06:58 PM
How far out do they book this tour? We were hoping 60 days, as we've passed the 90-day window for our vakay
For tours, it is 30 days.

FYI: For MousePlanet's take on the tour, check out: http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050512avp.htm

mkcbunny
08-30-2005, 09:27 PM

FYI: For MousePlanet's take on the tour, check out: http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050512avp.htm
Thanks!! We have time. Whoopeeee!

TowerofTerror
08-30-2005, 09:28 PM
well its 30 day for the tour and for restaurant reservation it up to 90 days in advance

mkcbunny
08-30-2005, 09:56 PM

Is there are similar review of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour here somewhere? I tried checking the links for tours [they listed the price at $14 ?????], and the one review I found was fron 1998, pretty out of date. Anything newer? Thanks.

mkcbunny
08-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Is there are similar review of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour here somewhere? I tried checking the links for tours [they listed the price at $14 ?????], and the one review I found was fron 1998, pretty out of date. Anything newer? Thanks.
Actually, I did find this: http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue/sk021113.htm