PDA

View Full Version : Still no Event Calendar for fall on DL website!

Disney Village
08-02-2005, 10:57 PM
What's taking so long? On the DL website, the calendar of events only goes through October (and Oct was just added on Monday). What's even more frustrating is only the park hours are listed for Sept. If you want to check for event times on a specific date in September (parades, shows, etc), including Labor Day weekend, you get a display stating "Information not available at this time". http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage&date=20050902

Its even worse for October, display Oct and the hours of operation are not even listed!

I don't recall this being such a problem in the past, I know its the 50th and all, but come on, how about a little forward planning people! Perhaps someone should call a meeting at TDA and figure this out. You can't even plan for Labor Day weekend right now other then when the parks are going to be open.

I was hoping to see Nov/Dec soon, but at this rate, I'll be waiting until mid-October or later before they post the schedule for the rest of the year.

littlemissgorgeous
08-02-2005, 11:14 PM
What's taking so long? On the DL website, the calendar of events only goes through October (and Oct was just added on Monday). What's even more frustrating is only the park hours are listed for Sept. If you want to check for event times on a specific date in September (parades, shows, etc), including Labor Day weekend, you get a display stating "Information not available at this time". http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage&date=20050902

Its even worse for October, display Oct and the hours of operation are not even listed!

I don't recall this being such a problem in the past, I know its the 50th and all, but come on, how about a little forward planning people! Perhaps someone should call a meeting at TDA and figure this out. You can't even plan for Labor Day weekend right now other then when the parks are going to be open.

I was hoping to see Nov/Dec soon, but at this rate, I'll be waiting until mid-October or later before they post the schedule for the rest of the year.

I know that´s so annoying..I tried to get info for Sept. too..
How are you suppossed to plan your stay ??? :confused:

hlbtimes2
08-03-2005, 05:11 AM
Darkbeer has reported that they are currently number crunching to decide what is in the buget for fall. He think they will have something in the next week or so.

Disney Village
08-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Darkbeer has reported that they are currently number crunching to decide what is in the buget for fall. He think they will have something in the next week or so.

I see that as of tonight, the month October has been removed from the calendar. Now only Aug and Sept. remain...and there is still no event schedule for September.

Disney may be crunching numbers, but it sure seems like there wasn’t a lot of thought put into the operating tempo beyond summer and/or someone has sure dropped the ball.

AaronInCal
08-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, they probablyl are still trying to see just how the crowds may be after Labor Day. Just this week, they extended Disneyland's hours to 8am - midnight for August 21-26. Originally, the park was going to be open 9-11. As has been mentioned, they are having large attendence this summer, and probably trying to forecast into the fall based on hotel reservations and bookings. Just my guess, but seems to make sense. I am sure it's a major deal for them to decide if they want to keep having the fireworks every night or just on the weekends, and that will likely determine the closing time during the week. It may be another week or so before they have the schedules up. So just keep checking..

1stTimer
08-03-2005, 11:55 PM
We are going from Oct 17th to 22nd and I think it is going to be busy. I spoke to Willie from HoJo's yesterday, and he said they are almost fully booked for that week.

I really wish they would get the Oct calendar up too. I need to do more planning.