PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic II

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Vault
08-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Al Lutz mentioned they may want to update Fantasmic eventually. What changes would you want to see to it. Would you want the same show with updated scenes or a totally new show with Mickey?

Shortiemetoo
08-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Just so they don't transplant Disneyworlds show!! Everyone I know who has been to both parks say our show is much much better!!! :D

HorizonsA
08-02-2005, 05:27 PM
I agree with the above. I wouldn't mind a new show, maybe with some of the old stuff still in, I do really love the beginning part of the show with those loud thumps of music. And I wouldn't want to see the dragon go. I remember being so amazed the first time I saw it, the size and the look of it. Plus the finale is awesome. If they had to do a new Fantasmic!, it had better be way better than the current finale, or else it wouldn't be as good. Fantasmic!, I think has gone on the Classics List, so changes should be carefully planned.

ILoveChurros
08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't think they should change the show, just update it. I'd like to see something physical on the water or stage during the villain part with Chernabog instead of the water screen. Oh and Ursuala needs to come back.

Christiii
08-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Ive been saything this show should change for a long time...no other show has run this long, and it needs updating!! they can change everything cept the monkey dance and the monfey song..thats my favorite part!! :p

SCUBAbe
08-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I would like to see it go away and not come back....

soccerlady16
08-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't think they should change the show, just update it.
DON'T touch the beigning or the finale! I love those parts with Mickey and the soundtrack!

coronado_g
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Ive been saything this show should change for a long time...no other show has run this long, and it needs updating!! they can change everything cept the monkey dance and the monfey song..thats my favorite part!! :p
Yes, keep the neon monkeys. And the pink elephants. And Mickey shooting fireworks from his sleeves. And the dragon - definitely keep that! And the raft floats with Beauty and the Beast. Ariel too. The villianess part.
Oh heck, keep it the same!

Disneyfun
08-02-2005, 06:22 PM
I agree with keep the show the same meaning the music but maybe update the technology. I think with technology today theu could do something else with the Elephants/Helfelumps. FOr some reason they always bothered me. I just felt you could tell they were cardboard cut outs.
But obviously people are still liningup hours a head of time to see this show. SO as my grandma would say if it is not broke don't fix it.
(Yes Ursala needs to come back! )

T&Rshep
08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I agree with not bringing Disney World shows to DL. I've seen Fantasmic! at MGM and DL's is way better. Some Finding Nemo elements would be cool, but there are no songs in that movie. I'd still love it even if they didn't change a thing.

Disney Vault
08-02-2005, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't want any pixar in it. And I want the pink elephants to go.

yeartolate
08-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I like it the way it is.

The only changes I would like to see would be improving crowd control.

ILoveChurros
08-02-2005, 09:17 PM

Thats my fav part too...never change it Disney!

MZCosmo
08-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I would like to see the video projectors on the island that project the images onto the water to be moved to the lighting towers or along the audiance side of the river so that you dont see them. I feel it would add to the "magic" of the show.

Disney Vault
08-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Why is that? Could you explain a little? Just tired of the show? Hate the crowds?

Vegitabeta
08-03-2005, 02:39 AM
I wish that they could make the seating arrangements more like WDW's, because they have seats which is better, although I know DL doesn't really have the room.

Colin
08-03-2005, 03:21 AM
All I can say is PLEASE never change the show! I love it just the way it is!

You can't get better than perfection :P

C°o°lin

crazi4dlr
08-03-2005, 06:19 AM

Agreed! This is the most maddening thing I have ever seen. Until this past June I never bothered to stop to watch the show because it didn't interest me. But I read so many rave reviews on MP that my DH and I decided to try it out for our anniversary. We went all out and got reserved balcony seating for the 10:30 show at the outrageous cost of $106 for the 2 of us because so many people were saying how wonderful it was. I was really excited. But what a huge letdown. The show is mediocre at best. Nothing so spectacular about the effects and to pay so much money for dessert and the chance to watch a 30 minute presentation of what is basically Fantasia with more current characters. Not to mention that for several hours every day it ties up traffic in the ROA and NOS areas. I miss the quiet evenings on the ROA with the beautiful lights and the crickets. What a mess this is. This post is not intended to insult anyone, if you like/love this show more power to you. I personally think it stinks and really do wish they would remove it. 13 years is more than enough, it's way too much.

AlbertaMinnie
08-03-2005, 06:23 AM
I like it the way it is.

The only changes I would like to see would be improving crowd control.

I think crowd control does a pretty good job, considering the number of guests they have to deal with. My concern is with the crowd itself! My daughters were sitting with me when they noticed the wait time for pirates had gone down to 5 mintues. We still had 45 minutes before the show, so they laid their jackets down to save their spot beside me, and ran off to go on the ride. No sooner did they duck under the rope, when some lady threw her backpack down on top of my daughters jacket and told me that was going to be her spot. I had to politely explain to her why my daughters jacket was there and handed her the backpack. She mumbled something I didn't understand (although I can guess) and stormed away. Just part of the fun of a busy summer day!

hlbtimes2
08-03-2005, 07:46 AM
I would like to see them restore it back to the way it used to be- with Ursula, and the puppets dancing, and all the other little things that seem to have been broke and not repaired over the years.

The story is fine and the special effects are great when everything is working.

Osky
08-03-2005, 07:52 AM
If we removed everything from the park that someone absolutely hated, there would be nothing left... There are plenty of nights to enjoy the park and Rivers of America while Fantasmic is not playing.

Disney Vault
08-03-2005, 08:14 AM
I wish that they could make the seating arrangements more like WDW's, because they have seats which is better, although I know DL doesn't really have the room.
I have though about that before. They could build that kind of seating to the left of BTMRR. But I am not sure how much people would be ok with seeing all that seating while on the boat rides around the water. And they would have to build a brand new stage on a different part of the island. So I wouldn't ever see this happening. But it is an interesting thought.

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic102ig.png

Disneyfun
08-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Okaqy I am stretching here so bare with me. But you all got me thinking on this seating idea and the back up in NO/and FL. Sooo What is on the other side of ther river.? Big expence I know BUt what IF and that is a Big IF. THey moved the show to the other side of the river? There would have to be some entrance walk way in Crittercountry. And the Train would have to be moved. Or Instead of moving the train they put in another tunnel and then make seats on the tunnel. You know like a bleacher seating and the train goes under that. Okay this is just on e persons mind and imaginiation going but I bet if they put the imaginers minds to it they reall could do something. Theonly problem is I cannot think right now what is on the other side there.
Just an idea. and would solve everyones probelms. Everyone would have good seats you would not have to camp out for hours. I guess you could stand in line if you wanted. But then New Orleans and Frontier Land can be destered again at night.

HorizonsA
08-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Some Finding Nemo elements would be cool, but there are no songs in that movie.

That's the problem with the recent Disney animated features. They don't feature songs anymore! So, it's kind of hard to put in music from recent Disney movies because of the lack thereof. I think the songs are what made these movies classics. I don't get why Disney has moved away from singing. I don't even remember what movie was the last to feature songs. The ones with Phil Collins don't count, I'm talking about songs sung my the actual characters.

Disney Vault
08-03-2005, 07:15 PM
That's the problem with the recent Disney animated features. They don't feature songs anymore! So, it's kind of hard to put in music from recent Disney movies because of the lack thereof. I think the songs are what made these movies classics. I don't get why Disney has moved away from singing. I don't even remember what movie was the last to feature songs. The ones with Phil Collins don't count, I'm talking about songs sung my the actual characters.
I agree. I love the Disney movies where the characters sing.