PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto -- a character question

Pooh5896
08-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I reserved a table at Ariel's for next week(8/10). My question is which charcters will be there? If it is just going to be princesses I will need to cancel because my boys would not enjoy that at all! Does anyone know for sure when it is supposed to change to a princess meal?

Thanks,
Michele :)

Toonfinder
08-02-2005, 02:42 PM
The date that I have heard that the change will take place is Aug. 16. I'm sure the Disney dining folks have the information as well so it would be worth a call.

At first glance though... I would say you are safe to stick with Aug. 10

shawnarae
08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
When I was there July 10th we saw Chip & Dale, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Donald.....I think that is it??? Maybe Pluto too???? Check out my album...I got pics in there from lunch at Ariel's Grotto. SO WORTH it for the characters though :)

Pooh5896
08-02-2005, 03:11 PM
When I was there July 10th we saw Chip & Dale, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Donald.....I think that is it??? Maybe Pluto too???? Check out my album...I got pics in there from lunch at Ariel's Grotto. SO WORTH it for the characters though :)

Thanks shawnarae! Your pictures are adorable! I hope that those are the characters we get to see!

Rteneyck
08-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I read on my travel agent update that the princess lunch is set to start August 16, 2005. Until then it should be the Captain mickey lunch...I would call to double check as things change all of the time

minniemom
08-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Regardless if it has changed or not I think it is so worth it! My kids love Ariel's for lunch and the princess breakfast, so I think it is a win either way!

BQ2
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM

Great pictures, thanks for sharing :D

CoasterChickie
08-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I reserved a table at Ariel's for next week(8/10). My question is which charcters will be there? If it is just going to be princesses I will need to cancel because my boys would not enjoy that at all! Does anyone know for sure when it is supposed to change to a princess meal?

Thanks,
Michele :)

Haven't read the other replies, but wanted to tell you that there are no princesses. It's all the classic characters and the Donald is great!!! :D

Shortiemetoo
08-02-2005, 09:49 PM

Your family is absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your fun time with all of us!!

AlbertaMinnie
08-03-2005, 05:57 AM
Great choice to pick Ariels Grotto! We lucked out and got in on "stand-by" on July 19th. (only took 20 minutes) Like shawnarae, we had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Goofy's son Max. The food was good too - well worth it. It was a great last-minute surprise for my kids. If everyone is correct and the change date to Princesses is the 16th, then you should be ok. Could they confirm who would be there if you called back to Priority Seating?

JeffG
08-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Haven't read the other replies, but wanted to tell you that there are no princesses. It's all the classic characters and the Donald is great!!! :D

Uh, maybe you should actually read the other replies in threads before replying. The point of the question was that Ariel's is switching format to a Princess meal this month and this thread was trying to determine when it will be happening...

-Jeff