PDA

View Full Version : Keeping things in prespective regarding Screamin'

Noah
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi, I know this has been talked to death although I just wanted to add some prespective to the situation regarding the unfortunate accident at DCA this past weekend. First off, of course my prayers go out to all those who were injured in this unfortunate accident this past weekend and I wish them a speedy recovery. Just to keep things in prespective lets not forget Disneyland entertains over 12 million people a year! Now any accidents are tragic and unfortunate although lets give a big round of applause to all the cast members and technical engineers who work so hard to keep the park and the guests safe. One injury is too many especially when people come to enjoy themselves, hopefully the lessons learned from this accident will be applied to prevent this type of problem from occuring not only at Disney properties but at theme parks world wide.
Lets just keep this all in prespective and remember there are millions of people who enjoy the parks and theme parks in general without getting hurt. Lets take the steps we can to keep things safe but there is never a way no matter how much service and maintenance that you do that will prevent a freak accident from occuring at one point or another. Of course you must do all you can to prevent it from happening but there is never a 100% guarantee.
Either way, I know we all share that same thoughts that we hope that all those affected by this accident will make a full recovery and we hope this never will happen again.

Thanks to all the CM's and service people who help make each day a fun and safe for all the visitors to this land, eventhough it may at times be a thankless low paying job, never forget how many lives you have the opportunity to touch and do touch in the eyes of a child as you lead them on a journey that will stay with them as long as they live, just as it has with us and this mouseplanet community.
Thank you for listening.

Pat-n-Eil
08-02-2005, 01:39 PM
I second your thoughts.

I'm glad that it appears nobody was seriously injured and though I am very sad that it will be closed for my visit next week, I'm sure they'll figure out what went wrong..

Disney Vault
08-02-2005, 04:02 PM
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al080205a.htm

I really liked the information Al gave on the situation in his article.