PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Room

Rteneyck
08-02-2005, 10:31 AM
What is the Tiki Room? I can only remember seeing it there when I was younger and it has been closed for some time. Is it a place to eat? Would it be worth seeing? Any information would be helfpul. Thank you.

Shortiemetoo
08-02-2005, 10:41 AM
It is a show with aniomatronics (or however that word is spelled) and it is wonderful!!! Once you see it you will love it!!

"let's all sing like the birdies sing....tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet"

It has catcy music, bright colors and it is a lot of fun!
Besides it is air conditioned and a great place to sit and relax for a bit!!!
And the dole whip stand is right there, if you like them ;)
Definately a NOT MISS!!

dsnyredhead
08-02-2005, 10:42 AM
It is an animatronic show featuring birds. Everyone sits in chairs surrounding a birdmobile and the birds sing. The thunder might scare a small child. No it's not a place to eat.

TikiGeek
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
It's enchanted! ;)

Rteneyck
08-02-2005, 10:46 AM
wow -- it sounds kind of cool. I always just love to ride the rides and never take any time out to see too many shows. I will definately try to make it.
Thanks for the info

Mark Mywords
08-02-2005, 11:21 AM
What is the Tiki Room? I can only remember seeing it there when I was younger and it has been closed for some time. Is it a place to eat? Would it be worth seeing? Any information would be helfpul. Thank you.

It's just been completely refurbished and looks and sounds wonderful! It's definitely worth seeing.

MrsPooh
08-02-2005, 11:41 AM
PIglet loved it when he was small, now this last trip he thinks it is boring. :(

I love it, it is so charming. The show is short, so if you don't like it it doesn't last long.

I get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I hear Thurl Ravenscroft's voice anyhow. He was such a nice man!

coronado_g
08-02-2005, 01:57 PM
You've been deprived for far too long.
Go here http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=72 to see a video of the complete show. Click on the castle icon with the word Video underneath. You're in for a treat when you see Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room!

Black Pearl
08-02-2005, 02:16 PM
The Tiki Room is a great way for my family to cool off, sit a while and relax before moving on to Fantasyland from Adventureland. I have never missed this attraction and find myself singing on the way back to Phoenix,......"In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki room......".

cosmicjive
08-02-2005, 02:17 PM
You've been deprived for far too long.
Go here http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=72 to see a video of the complete show. Click on the castle icon with the word Video underneath. You're in for a treat when you see Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room!

I'm going to recommend that you not watch the video. Don't get me wrong, I love these videos, especially the few that exist for rides that aren't there anymore. However, it sounds like you might have the opportunity to see the Tiki Room in person at some point. Why spoil that wonderful experience by watching a video, which is incredibly inferior to seeing it in person?

Incidentally, when people talk about how great the Tiki Room is, they are referring specifically to the original (and current) Disneyland version. The Walt Disney World version was revamped a couple of years ago, and pretty much destroyed in the process (this is commonly known as the "Under New Management" version).

-Jeff "etumor"

DisneylandForever
08-02-2005, 02:21 PM

It actually was originally designed to be a place to eat. But once the show became so extensive, they decided to make it just a show.

It is wonderful. And yes they did just do a complete refurbishment, but keep in mind when you're watching it, pretty much the same show (they changed a few words) was in place over 40 years ago! Awesome.

Don't forget the Dole Whip!

coronado_g
08-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Tis true that a video would be a mere shadow of the reality's splendor!
However, I enjoy watching the videos of all the rides & shows - even the ones that are dark and hard to see.

cosmicjive
08-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Tis true that a video would be a mere shadow of the reality's splendor!
However, I enjoy watching the videos of all the rides & shows - even the ones that are dark and hard to see.

Yes, but I'll bet that you saw the rides in person first. I'm not saying don't watch these videos at all -- I have watched several in the past couple of days myself. I'm saying that if you have never seen the Tiki Room before, see it in person the first time, to get the full effect.

Just my opinion.

-Jeff "etumor"

MrsPooh
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Incidentally, when people talk about how great the Tiki Room is, they are referring specifically to the original (and current) Disneyland version. The Walt Disney World version was revamped a couple of years ago, and pretty much destroyed in the process (this is commonly known as the "Under New Management" version).

I've never been to WDW, but doesn't that new version have to do with Iago? I cannot imagine that. It sounds horrible!

coronado_g
08-02-2005, 05:27 PM
I've never been to WDW, but doesn't that new version have to do with Iago? I cannot imagine that. It sounds horrible!
Yes, and I've only heard BAD things about that show.

SCUBAbe
08-02-2005, 05:43 PM
it's a wacky werid show that encourages the guest to sing like the birdies sing...I was in total disbelief when the show started, but when everyone started to sing along I thought I had entered some strange cult...I ran for the exit and thats all of the show I have seen. I asked my mother if she wanted to see it and she rolled her eyes and said a firm NO!!...LOL

we did have a dole whip...it wasn't great....LOL....maybe all the hype hyped it up to much for me, but seriously it's just pineapple flavored soft serve,,<LOL

Mark Goldhaber
08-02-2005, 08:48 PM
We took friends to WDW the year before they destroyed, er, "modified" the show to the UNM version. That was back in 1997. To this day, they sometimes end phone conversations with "Tiki Tiki!" :D

GrumpyUTboi
08-02-2005, 08:59 PM
IMHO one word sums it up,

"In the Tiki Tiki Tiki room,
In the Tiki Tiki Tikki room,
where the birds sing words
and the flowers caroon,
in the Tiki Tiki Tiki room"

I love it, and yes the whole family from our 3 year old on up to dear old dad know the words and love to sing them!