PDA

View Full Version : tour guides of disneyland

DonaldDuck14
02-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Are there any tour guides out there? Because I want to know how to become one. Like what are the qualifications and minimum age requirement? I know disneyland like the back of my hand and I know so much trivia about the place. I really want to become one. Can anyone help?:confused:

DonaldDuck14
02-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Um...Would anyone like to respond to this?????

disneynut
02-15-2002, 08:08 PM
In the last Disney newsletter (that I got, but that's another thread :) ) it did have positions hiring for but didn't say anything about tour guide. It did state one of the general qualifications for being hired at Disney is a minimum age of 17. It may be older for tour guides. I also bet that it probably helps to know a second language. Your best bet would probably be to contact the DLR and see what they have to say. You might also want to check past threads where people have talked about being hired by dl. I think I recall something about tour guides a month or so back but don't exactly remember what they said. Sorry I couldn't give more specific info but if I were you I'd contact the resort. Good Luck!

wonderful
02-15-2002, 09:33 PM
I just happen to be a Tour Guide and I am always happy to give advice when I can...
First, the Tour Guide department (otherwise known as Guest Relations) has had a few changes. We hired a lot of "new" Cast Members because of the tremendous need with the opening of DCA (it meant two times all the services we offer!). That broke a LONG tradition of only taking "transfers"...
Well, now that we have what we need, we, once again, are only taking transfers...BUT...
I wouldn't be discouraged by that. Starting (and maybe even STAYING) in other departments such as Attractions and Merchandise could be just as rewarding as being a Tour Guide... and such positions are just what the Resort is hiring for right now. Once you have been in any department for six months, you can apply to transfer... at that point, i would find a Guest Relations manager to talk to about transfering...
And, just so you know, six months from now might be a PERFECT time to be a Tour Guide as there is a whole lot of great Tour Guide stuff in the works, including new tours and major "rehabs" on our old tours... Good luck... and, you're totally right, being a Tour Guide is a blast =)