PDA

View Full Version : Which attraction do you want to go to Yesterland?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-12-2001, 08:39 PM
:mad:

Does anyone have an attraction they can't stand and wish would be replaced?

:( :eek: :rolleyes: :D :p ;) :( :) :o

JTCarrey
05-12-2001, 08:49 PM
Tarzan's Treehouse, they need to bring back the original! ;)

JTCarrey
05-12-2001, 08:50 PM
oh and also Innoventions, that little robot freaks me out, especially when he looks right at you, hm, now that I think of it, he is kinda cute ;)

Morrigoon
05-12-2001, 11:06 PM
Can there be any question?

Innoventions!

I want CoP or America Sings

AK Wolf
05-13-2001, 04:08 AM
Innoventions! I shudder to say this, but... that thing is so bad, I almost wish they'd build a store there. :eek:

Whew! Did that sound as weird to everyone else as it did to me?!?

Rick
05-13-2001, 06:18 AM
They should tear out Innoventions. I want Captin EO or America Sings back.

pheneix
05-13-2001, 09:00 AM
Although this isn't at Disneyland, I would have to say Journey into Your Imagination. If anyone has seen this atrocity, they know exactly why. I don't care how bad Disneyland Resort's worst ride is, I guarantee it doesn't match the horror that is JIYI. ;)

Pheneix

Tink
05-13-2001, 09:33 AM
http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/contrib/ruinkai/cistinebiggrinA.gif

Hands down Superstar Limo!!!! UUUgh! I don't even like to type the name of the ride!

Napsto
05-13-2001, 10:02 AM
Steps inTime, it SUCKS BUTT!

AK Wolf
05-13-2001, 10:16 AM
That's true... I thought we were talking DL-park exclusively, but if we're extending the choice to the entire resort, I'd put both SuperStar Limo and Steps In Time before Innoventions... holy jumpin' Mary Blair, are those things hideous!

This may sound nit-picky, but you know what the worst part of SuperStar Limo was for me? The ceilings. Look at 'em, should you ever subject yourself to that torture again. Not only are they NOT themed... they used office paneling! What the heck?!? Office paneling? It looks like the entire ride is set inside a telemarketing office (especially prevalent in the "queue", if you can call it that, although you might make the arguement that its "themed to look like LAX"... office paneling... "theming"... riiiight...)

merlinjones
05-13-2001, 10:25 AM
Innoventions, please!!! That's prime real estate. Bring back Carousel of Progress, Flying Saucers or Adventure Thru Inner Space, bring on Buzz Lightyear or something new... Just take out this low-budget embarrassment and build something entertaining and compelling, of lasting value and Disney quality.

All of DCA should become the companion park to Yesterland (if they want to give up the Yesterland parking lot).

Lebo
05-13-2001, 10:31 AM
With so much of the park occupied by vacant former attractions such as the submarine lagoon, motor boat rivers, skyway terminals, people mover / rocket jets station and tracks, and circlevision why would you want anything else removed? It would only leave another hole that will not be filled for years to come.

Ralph Wiggum
05-13-2001, 04:00 PM
They just need to shelf the new tomorrowland and bring back the old tomorrowland!!! They can keep the new atmosphere(ie paint and fountain) but bring back Captain EO, Peoplemover, America Sings or Circle of Progress.

JTCarrey
05-13-2001, 04:14 PM
There is a place actually called Yesterland??? Or do you just mean the website?
-J.T. :D

Rick
05-13-2001, 04:29 PM
It's just an expression for discontinued rides.

Corith
05-14-2001, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Lebo
With so much of the park occupied by vacant former attractions such as the submarine lagoon, motor boat rivers, skyway terminals, people mover / rocket jets station and tracks, and circlevision why would you want anything else removed? It would only leave another hole that will not be filled for years to come.
(Dont' forget about the old Big Thunder Ranch area that now sits vacant.)

I was at the park last weekend and thinking about this very thing. There is so much real estate NOT being used.
What is going to happen when Dole pulls the plug on the Tiki Room? That entire corner of the park (Plaza Pavillion, Tiki Room, Aladdin Oasis) will be devoid of anything usefull.

Sooner or later, stockholders are going to realize that Esiner/Pressler must go. There slowly dismantling the park.

I often wonder if this was their intent from start. Sure seems like it, doesn't it?

Disney Fan Matt
05-14-2001, 09:04 PM
I think Innoventions should go. Maybe they could expand Space Mountain into there, make it into a Vekoma Flying Dutchman coaster :D Okay fine, anything but Innoventions, and most of Toontown (not roger rabbit) needs some help as well.

ODV CM
05-14-2001, 09:56 PM
I can not figure out why you guys hate Innoventions so much. Sure, its not quite what it was touted to be, but theres free video games, and a few interesting shows inside there. For example, the GM exhibit, though outdated now, was the first to introduce us to infrared night vision available in an automobile(now available in the Cadallic). The Secret Lab is a midly interesting show about how they did the animation for 102 Dalmations(soon to be changed to something for Atlantis, I hear), and the virtual tours of Mars, the Titanic, and the Carlsbad Caverns are worth a few minutes of your time. If nothing else, its a nice place to relax and enjoy the air conditioning. Plus, the prettiest young lady in all of Disneyland works there! ( ;) Hi babe! )

ODV CM
05-14-2001, 09:58 PM
However, Toontown and Small World need go(referred to as "toonworld" by attractions CM's). They could build yet another costuming building back there, and give the other one by Harbor House exclusively to DCA. They could throw in whatever offices they have currently behind Tomorrowland(scheduling mostly) and expand Tomorrowland to include more than enough room for a really good, quality Atlantis submarine ride, Alien Encounter, and that new Space exhibit they are building for WDW. Of course, this is all a dream, but hey, thats what Disneyland is supposed to be all about, right?

merlinjones
05-14-2001, 11:15 PM
>>I can not figure out why you guys hate Innoventions so much. Sure, its not quite what it was touted to be, but theres free video games, and a few interesting shows inside there. For example, the GM exhibit, though outdated now, was the first to introduce us to infrared night vision available in an automobile(now available in the Cadallic).<<

The GM exhibit does feature the only good thing (aside from the old COP song) at Innoventions: the vibrator seat exhibit! Almost worth the wait, and I'm not just being cheeky!!! :D

JTCarrey
05-15-2001, 12:11 AM
vibrator seat? kinky! and what is COP?? Circle of Pirates??? hahaha

JTCarrey
05-15-2001, 12:12 AM
DUH!!!! Carousel of Progress!!! never mind ;)

TinkR
05-15-2001, 01:10 PM
I can't think of any I'd want to send to Yesterland, but I would love to have the little boats back. Does anyone remember those?? They ran on a track and you 'drove' them like you did the autopia. You can still see the 'canals' opposite the matterhorn, on the right as you're heading towards It's A Small World.

TinkR

Lebo
05-15-2001, 01:41 PM
Corith, thanks for adding to the list of vacancies (Big Thunder Ranch, Aladdin's Oasis, etc). It shocks and saddens me that such a high proportion of the park is under-utilized. I made my first trip to Disneyland in the early 1970s. Sure, I was a child then but I don't ever remember a time like this, when so much of the park is vacant with no prospect of near-term improvement.

Alex S.
05-15-2001, 01:57 PM
Ok, it has shown up twice as empty. Aladdin's Oasis is not empty. It may be underused but it is not empty. Aladdin and Jasmine's StoryTale Adventures is a good show. Its not so much meant for adults, but it is a good show.