PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Train Car Size?

Pat-n-Eil
08-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Reading another thread got me to thinking. Are the Space Mountain cars smaller than before?

I'm a big guy, but I've never had a problem with any Disney Attraction seating.. But Space Mountain cars could be tight. (I can't remember if it was just the front one or what).

Are the new cars any smaller than the old ones?

Dom262
08-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Reading another thread got me to thinking. Are the Space Mountain cars smaller than before?

I'm a big guy, but I've never had a problem with any Disney Attraction seating.. But Space Mountain cars could be tight. (I can't remember if it was just the front one or what).

I am a big guy also, and I didnt find it any different then before.

stan4d_steph
08-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I've heard the front seats have more leg room. You might request one when riding to get a little extra room.

Pat-n-Eil
08-02-2005, 08:05 AM
All right. Thanks, that is good to hear :)

coronado_g
08-02-2005, 12:02 PM

I think they make the seats to be a tight fit so as not to allow human bodies to be rattled around. A snug fit on a roller coaster is a safe fit.

BigAlH
08-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I typically have problems with my legs having to twist into odd shapes to fit on some rides, but I don't recall any problems with Space Mountain.

We did ride the "handicap car" though as my son was in a wheelchair at the time. I don't think know if it's a special car, but they have a special (new??) loading for it. You load while off-track, then they "slide" you over onto the track and push the spare car to the other side. Kind of a cool setup.