PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain!!!

WizKidRyan
02-14-2002, 04:33 PM
On Intercotwest the following was posted by a drock3800:

I saw the new vehicles for Space at the cast expo last weekend. They look REALLY NICE. They are the same height, but look more ergonomic...they are somewhat sleeker with LOW side-skirts that look kinda like ground-effects on a sports car. The huge, bulky headrests are also gone, replaced with more sweeping indentions in the seats that more resemble the seats in a jacuzzi than anything else. The best part, however, is the sound system. The speakers in the prototype were clearly marked as Cerwin-Vega units, a brand which is world renoun for their "bump." I observed 4 speakers (it looked like 2 tweeters and two mid-ranges) PER SEAT, and a central subwoofer that each row shared. That puts the speaker total (estimated) on each car at 18, which is a HUGE improvement over the current count of 8 speakers per car. The roll-out date for these new vehicles is supposed to be soon (possibly for the rides 30th anniversary which is coming up). There's also a floating rumor that the loading-room in the queue (the last room before you get on the ride -- the one with the big "DL-2000" ship hangin form the ceiling) is due for a MAJOR re-theming for the parks 50th anniversary. The only solids facts I have though are the new ride vehicles, which I actually saw with my own eyes, and am VERY excited about.

You can read the full thread at Intercot West Boards (http://www.intercotwest.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001739)

Note - In a reply drock3800 noted that the 30th anniversary was a typo. It's supposed to read "possibly for the rides 25th anniversary", which is this year.

All I can say is WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

tabacco
02-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Well, what can I say but "WOOOOOOOOO!!!"

mrfantasmic
02-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Do you... uh... Yahoo?

YAHOO!

Mouse
02-14-2002, 06:21 PM
I would love to see the space ship in the loading area redone. It just looks so antiquated!

DonaldDuck14
02-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Will the new cars be installed this year during the rehab??? I hope so, because I am planning on going to D-land in the summer when school gets out!!!:p

And i know this is off the topic, but how do u guys put pictures by your names when you post something? Because I want to have a picture under my name that will show up when I posts up something, but I don't know how:confused:

Ace
02-15-2002, 08:45 PM
I hate the queue like it is now..,,, it needs major change.

Nigel2
02-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Hey ours is much more entertaining than WDW's, the tv's are at the very end of the queue, and then the noise from the ride since it is right above you (I believe) and there is no divider.

Dlandmom
02-16-2002, 02:51 PM
I just hope the music is fixed once and for all!

Dave Z
02-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by DonaldDuck14
And i know this is off the topic, but how do u guys put pictures by your names when you post something? Because I want to have a picture under my name that will show up when I posts up something, but I don't know how:confused:

Go to administration and read about Avatars . Good luck, it took me awhile but I'm not very computer literate.