PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 7/31/05 trip report

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
We got to the park at 9:30am. the 1 1/2 hour car ride seemed to take even longer with 3 excited teenagers in the car. I had a headache by the time I got to the park. LOL...the first thing we did was go on Space Mountain. My daughters two friends had only bought DL tickets, so while I waitd in the 60 min line with all the kids my mother went and upgraded their tickets to park hoppers. We also got a fast pass for space. We all loved space mountain...well my mother didn't, btu she didn't go on it. She upgarded the tickets and then went to Blue bayou for our PS.

So, my mother and I had a really good lunch in the BB and the kids were set loose on the park. After the BB we went in looked in the jewel of orleans. they ahve soem nice stuff in their, but it's difficult to look because nobody will move out of the way so we could see. 9this is the third time this has happened...oh well...LOL)

then we went to get splash FP, but the return time was to late. We then went on POTC, and HM...oh and the jungle cruise. After that we went and walked around fantasyland. teh evil queen was out for photos. :)...and we went by the wishing well, we saw the swans and we just wandered around chatting.

After that we went and finished the tomorrowland quest and I created a character in the park. We then called the kids to see how they were doing...mistake...they werein DCA, but had a fight and were sperated...fiasco....I had to go over there...help find everyone and then play mediator....they finally left kind of talking, but still fighting...*sigh*...I think my daughter was dehydrated. She was really red in the face. My mother and I decided to forget about the kids and go on TOT....on the way there I hear my name being yelled out. the kids are now getting along and they all have an ice water. They want to go on TOT with us, btu I bugged them so much in line that when the CM called for a party of three they jumped at the chance...LOL....free again..:)

After TOt we went on muppets and then watched the block party bash. We even got teo balls...LOL..my Mother loved the parade. We went back to DL and were very hungry. My mother wanted a gibson sundae, bt I really wanted dinner, so we shared the pasta at pizza port and since we were tired sat there for like 2 1/2 hours talking...:)....we then got a call from the kids. they want to use the FP for space, but one of the boys had thrown his away. So, i gave him mine and then my mother and I went shopping. I got the funniest looking pluto pillow. he looks liek he has gas...LOL...then we get a call from the kids. theyw ant to stay for the fireworks....oh no...I was alreday tired, but I didn't drive and my mother agreed to stay...so at 7:30 we sat on the sidewalk saving seats for everyone. as always the fireworks were great!!

after ward we go through frontierland, but they have everyone stopped and the Cm is yelling somethign, btu all i catch is..."river of america...wait...if you go back they will send you this way amyway...."...my mother asked what he said so i translatedit to..."you have to wait here, you can't go back...it sucks to be you..."...LOL....then he said the funniest thing ever....keep in mind we are smashed into frontierland like sardines and NOBODY can move forward....and he says, 'when you choose yoru destination walk do NOT run!"...yeah...we can't even walk...how are we go to run even if we wanted to....LOL...

so we get out of there and everyoen is heading to adventureland to leave. POTC had a 5 min wait so we went on there instead of fighting the crowd. When we got off the ride everything had cleared up. We got right out of the park and I was home by 1:30, but I had to work today and I'm soooo tired, btu we had a fun relaxing day...:)

oh yeah, while we were waiting for the fireworks I got a dole whip...it was ok, but nothing great. I didn't even finish mine...:) (my first dole whip...LOL)

MrsG
08-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you had fun with your mother! (Did you see me?? :D )

BTW, I agree with you about the Dole Whip. It was okay, (but full of salt). I'll take Gibson ice cream over that any day!

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Sounds like you had fun with your mother! (Did you see me?? :D )

BTW, I agree with you about the Dole Whip. It was okay, (but full of salt). I'll take Gibson ice cream over that any day!

yeah, we had a good time...just taking it easy and relaxing...i thought the day was going to be way worse than it was, but it wasn't that crowded or that hot..:)

Earkid
08-01-2005, 06:38 PM
then he said the funniest thing ever....keep in mind we are smashed into frontierland like sardines and NOBODY can move forward....and he says, 'when you choose yoru destination walk do NOT run!"...yeah...we can't even walk...how are we go to run even if we wanted to....LOL...Too funny!

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 07:00 PM
here's the evil queen (http://pixiepics.net/dl/queen1.jpg)...:)

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I really enjoyed your trip report ScuBabe!! I thought it was nice hearing you and your mom had nice talks and you had a pretty good day. Sounds like you to were realaxed and enjoyed everything. Thank you for giving us a view of your day, it was very nice :)

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I really enjoyed your trip report ScuBabe!! I thought it was nice hearing you and your mom had nice talks and you had a pretty good day. Sounds like you to were realaxed and enjoyed everything. Thank you for giving us a view of your day, it was very nice :)

here's my mother (http://pixiepics.net/dl/mother1.jpg)...:)...

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 07:09 PM
here's my mother (http://pixiepics.net/dl/mother1.jpg)...:)...

OMG she is very pretty!! wow she is so young you must have been born when she was 5!! Such a young mom!! are you sure this is your mom LOL! she does not look older then 40 years old!!

Shortiemetoo
08-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Wow, it sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! You went on ToT and Space Mountain and more!!!! Awesome!!!
I'm happy you solved the kids hassles!! Wasn't it hard to find them all? Or did they all have cell phones?? Wow!! I'm impressed that you could even find them!!!!
Thanks for the pics too!! How fun!!! AND you survived!! And got to have Mom along instead of going alone and spending time in that unmentionable attraction in tormorrowland...lol

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 07:45 PM
OMG she is very pretty!! wow she is so young you must have been born when she was 5!! Such a young mom!! are you sure this is your mom LOL! she does not look older then 40 years old!!

lol...yeah I'm sure...:)...she's in her 50's....I think 57....:)

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Wow, it sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! You went on ToT and Space Mountain and more!!!! Awesome!!!
I'm happy you solved the kids hassles!! Wasn't it hard to find them all? Or did they all have cell phones?? Wow!! I'm impressed that you could even find them!!!!
Thanks for the pics too!! How fun!!! AND you survived!! And got to have Mom along instead of going alone and spending time in that unmentionable attraction in tormorrowland...lol

my daughter was the only one with the cell phone, but they were in DCA ....we were only looking for the boys for ike 5 min when we found them...actually my mother found them. i can never find anyone in a crowd...even my own child..>LOL...we knew where my daughter was because we called her...:)...it was just a teenage spat...that thankfully ended quickly...:)

Crazy4DL
08-01-2005, 08:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing Karla!!!

She is 57, SCUBAbe?? wow she looks very young! lucky you! good genes coming your way! :D

ETA: thanks for the fun report!

TowerofTerror
08-01-2005, 08:20 PM
great report how old are the kids

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 08:25 PM
great report how old are the kids

my daughter is 14 and her two friends are 15 I think....

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
here's the swans (http://pixiepics.net/dl/swan1.jpg)...and here (http://pixiepics.net/dl/swan2.jpg)..:)

the light kind of burnt them out though...:(

TowerofTerror
08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
no pic of ur daughter or pic of u on ur trip tht u can share

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 08:49 PM
no no pictures of me...LOL...here's the kids (http://pixiepics.net/dl/kids3.jpg)...

and here's one of me (http://pixiepics.net/dl/me1.jpg)from a previous trip, but I hate pictures of me...i need to loose weight and get a breast reduction. every picture of me look like my head is to small for my body...LOL..

ILoveChurros
08-01-2005, 08:55 PM
no no pictures of me...LOL...here's the kids (http://pixiepics.net/dl/kids3.jpg)...

and here's one of me (http://pixiepics.net/dl/me1.jpg)from a previous trip, but I hate pictures of me...i need to loose weight and get a breast reduction. every picture of me look like my head is to small for my body...LOL..

You look fine SCUBAbe! Now if you want to talk about small heads and big bodies you should see my dad...

SCUBAbe
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
You look fine SCUBAbe! Now if you want to talk about small heads and big bodies you should see my dad...

yeah, well...thats a decent angle..I'm not posting the truely hideious ones...LOL

coronado_g
08-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Good trip report! Sounds exhausting to have to go to work the next day - you must have a lot of natural stamina. Would've taken me a couple of days to recuperate. But I can see you must get youthful genes from your Mom. Wow! She looks terrific.

SCUBAbe
08-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Good trip report! Sounds exhausting to have to go to work the next day - you must have a lot of natural stamina. Would've taken me a couple of days to recuperate. But I can see you must get youthful genes from your Mom. Wow! She looks terrific.

I was falling asleep...even after tons of coffee. Unfortuantly we were training on insurance. it took us 8 hours to get through 53 pages and we still ahve more to do today. It was so slow moving....I'm much better today..:)