PDA

View Full Version : Projections on it's a small world

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Vault
08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9768&d=1122880466
Here is a picture someone took at Mouseinfo. It shows the new projection they use during the fireworks for it's a small world.

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=6&update_dir=2005_07_29
The picture in the middle here shows what the projector looks like and where it is located.

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 12:53 PM
http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9768&d=1122880466
Here is a picture someone took at Mouseinfo. It shows the new projection they use during the fireworks for it's a small world.

Good pic, but I don't like how it looks. Looks like they're overdoing it on the colors a little bit.

And the Stitch mosaic really shows how poular the lil guy is.

Disney Vault
08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I really hope someone will post pictures from the other parts. I wonder if that is the electric parade part or part of the laughing place segment.

Disneyfreak
08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
I think that looks great. Do they project anything else?

Mark Mywords
08-01-2005, 01:05 PM
I really hope someone will post pictures from the other parts. I wonder if that is the electric parade part or part of the laughing place segment.

I think it's from the Tiki Room segment. Those colors sure are alot more bright when projected on a white surface.

leotatoombs
08-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I really hope someone will post pictures from the other parts. I wonder if that is the electric parade part or part of the laughing place segment.I Can't wait to see more! in park or otherwise!!!
:D

Disney Vault
08-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I think it's from the Tiki Room segment. Those colors sure are alot more bright when projected on a white surface.
:confused: I don't think Tiki room has all those colors on the castle. Isn't it just yellow and green for that segment?

sdfilmcritic
08-01-2005, 03:40 PM
I feel like I'm in a drug induced trance filled with little singing people and lots of polka dots.

Disney Vault
08-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Now how would you know what that feels like :| jk :D

Christiii
08-02-2005, 09:26 AM
We saw it on Monday nite...we were riding Small World and coming out when the fireworks started and saw the building lit up....we saw the whole show, and I must say, it was one of, if not THE most breathtaking thing Ive seen at Disneyland....seriously...its not tacky at ALLLLL...the flim is choriagraphed to the music, so it all fits....each scene kind of mimics the castle colors and themes, only x a million....I would say that the show is MUUUUCH better at Small World than at the castle, cept for Tink of course...I dont know why they couldnt have projected this on the castle as well....if you want to get a feeling...think of the projection at Fantasmic...with more color, much igger, more clarity and much longer and more beautiful
seriously...I was in AWE...maybe Im the only one that feels this way, and maybe because it was unexpected...but all I can say is WOW! :eek:

Mommy2NicknMax
08-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks for posting about this! I had no idea they were doing this back there. My son's favorite ride is IASW and I think he'd love to see it all "lit up." Very cool!

ameryth74
08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine was there the other night and watched it at IASM... she said is was phenomenal... better than at the castle even... I am going in two weeks and I plan on watching from there.

phoenixfire2k5
08-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks for posting about this! I had no idea they were doing this back there. My son's favorite ride is IASW and I think he'd love to see it all "lit up." Very cool!

They just started doing this recently. The plaza hub is such a popular viewing area for the fireworks, it becomes a traffic nightmare. Not everyone can get a spot in this area, so they're offering other areas, improving other viewing areas, so it may also attract other guests from the hub area and reduce traffic and crowds near the hub.

Werner
08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
can you see Tink at all from the Small World area?

phoenixfire2k5
08-02-2005, 11:08 AM
can you see Tink at all from the Small World area?

You might. But you have to turn around and face the opposite way.

Christiii
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
no..thats the only drawback..I wish they would include her somehow...even a lil green light twirling around the top of IASW would be cute...but the projection is really truly amazing with the music, I watched that more than the fireworks...I had always wondered why they didnt do more cool projections on the castle for this show, since they have the technology...they just have those shadow characters once in awhile...I was surprise they didnt do more of a show on the castle, and they should be doing something this this! it was so bizarre coming out of IASW in our lil boar and seeing the building totally filled with color...talk about great timing!! :D

Christiii
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
You might. But you have to turn around and face the opposite way.
nope..I ran to look for her, being a Tink nerd and all....but no pixie, darn it!

phoenixfire2k5
08-02-2005, 11:15 AM
nope..I ran to look for her, being a Tink nerd and all....but no pixie, darn it!

That's probably because you didn't look at the right time, or the area you were in your view was blocked. I'm a passholder AND an Anaheim resident. I go frequently enough to where I can picture the park clearly in my mind. Standing facing towards Small World with my back towards Fantasyland and the teacups, I can turn around and get an unobstructed view of the Matterhorn, and if timed right, can see Tink begin her descent towards the castle. The view of her above the castle will more than likely be blocked from this area. But you can still see her start towards it. If timed right. So to answer the previous question, yes she can be seen. But for a limited time, and if timed right.

AVP
08-02-2005, 11:16 AM
When the new fireworks first opened, there were also rumors (told to me by someone pretty high up in the food chain) that Disney was looking to do similar projections on Tom Sawyer Island during the fireworks. Someone else told me that idea was scrapped because it would reduce the amount of time the stage techs had to "reset" TSI between performances of Fantasmic! on nights when there are two shows and the fireworks go off between them.

I'm glad they finally did the Small Mall effects - although I'm really bummed that my favorite "secret" fireworks spot has been compromised. Now everyone will know about it!

AVP

Mark Mywords
08-02-2005, 11:24 AM
It's just too bad they can't "Bring" some of the pyro effects to other areas of the park (I'm thinking specifically about the stretching room effect).

Christiii
08-02-2005, 11:26 AM
That's probably because you didn't look at the right time, or the area you were in your view was blocked. I'm a passholder AND an Anaheim resident. I go frequently enough to where I can picture the park clearly in my mind. Standing facing towards Small World with my back towards Fantasyland and the teacups, I can turn around and get an unobstructed view of the Matterhorn, and if timed right, can see Tink begin her descent towards the castle. The view of her above the castle will more than likely be blocked from this area. But you can still see her start towards it. If timed right. So to answer the previous question, yes she can be seen. But for a limited time, and if timed right.
well, yeah, of course if you go into fantasyland....but I didnt want to leave the IASW building, since it was so amazing....Im an AP holder too, and have seen the new fireworks about 10 times, so it was great to see it this new way....tho you will miss too much of it, if you go looking for tink by the teacups...

phoenixfire2k5
08-02-2005, 11:26 AM
It's just too bad they can't "Bring" some of the pyro effects to other areas of the park (I'm thinking specifically about the stretching room effect).

I have to disagree with that. The stretching room effect should be strictly left to the plaza. Use other techniques and sights to attract to other areas of the park. Have each area have it's own special trick.

phoenixfire2k5
08-02-2005, 11:28 AM
well, yeah, of course if you go into fantasyland....but I didnt want to leave the IASW building, since it was so amazing....Im an AP holder too, and have seen the new fireworks about 10 times, so it was great to see it this new way....tho you will miss too much of it, if you go looking for tink by the teacups...

Of course. I wasn't talking about leaving the area, and I don't blame you for not wanting to. But if you were standing near the entrance to que for IASW, you'd be able to see her leave the Matterhorn and disappear from sight as she goes towards the castle. That was the point I was trying to make.

Christiii
08-02-2005, 11:30 AM
I was thinking that too! its great to have their own effects, but the streching room is part of the soundtrack, so it would be great to see that over there..also it would be nice to see a few added fireworks for that area, since they pretty much just all go up at the left side of IASW..but I dont want to nitpic, because that show is AMAZING!
I lawyas wondered why they didnt do better effects on the castle... worked for an Entertainment Lighting company for 15 years, and its amazing what they can do with gobos and projections these days...they can pretty much project on anything. Thats whay I was suprised how kind of lame the gobos were ont he castle, just white shadow figures...the lighting on the caslte is pretty, but they could have kicked it up a few hundred notches...they could do cool special effects on the spires, not a movie maybe, but cool effects. Also, they could project on the Matterhorn..that would be amazing!~ Oh well, at least we have it on IASW..at least I know now that DL knows how to do good projection!!

Earkid
08-02-2005, 11:31 AM
I dont think Christiii was referring to getting a passing glimpse of Tinkerbelle. I think she was stating that you can not see Tinkerbelle's flight path from Small World. She wanted to make the point, and I think she did, that you can not see the Tink event if you choose to watch the fireworks in front of Small World and enjoying all the light effects projected on the SW's show bldg.