PDA

View Full Version : Mansion Return (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2

Haldwitten
02-14-2002, 03:40 PM
Went to the park today and rode the re-opened Mansion. Have to give it a big thumbs up. The sound in the graveyard is wonderful... Leota looks so good... and the singing busts are crisp and clear (though some may think they're a bit bright... I liked it).

I thought the light levels were much improved all around. The attic looks so much nicer... the skulls that pop up real fast always make me jump. And it's harder now to see the lines they travel along. And the bride looks nice with a cool new addition to her visage. I won't spoil that one for you. She's just a tad more creepy... at least to me.

Overall... it's wonderful to see the Mansion got such a nice clean up. If you're going expecting all new wallpaper and every knick and scratch repaired, you're going to be disappointed. If you go wanting to see how much better you can see the ghosts in the ballroom, then you'll be pleased.

And for those wondering.... the library in the ballroom is gone. Too bad, I liked that little touch.

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Haldwitten
And for those wondering.... the library in the ballroom is gone. Too bad, I liked that little touch.
Nooooooooooooo!! I thought this was going to be a surprise they had waiting for us when they reopened! Oh well... I guess the ballroom is already really crowded with a lot going on anyway...
:)

Uncle Dick
02-14-2002, 03:53 PM
I rode it today and noticed all of the above improvements. Unfortunately, the sound system is back to its pre-holiday spottiness. The narration cut out three times.

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 03:55 PM
Leota looks so good...
Does she still float?

Haldwitten
02-14-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad

Does she still float?

Oh Georgie... she floats... we all float down here.

:eek:

mrfantasmic
02-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Great! I can't wait to get back to the park to see the improvements!

zapppop
02-14-2002, 05:56 PM
Do the queue and FastPass distribution area still play music from Phantom Manor from Euro Disneyland ?

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 07:29 PM

Way too creepy Haldwitten...I know what you're talking about.:eek:

disneyhead
02-14-2002, 07:46 PM

Isn't that quote from Stephen King's "It"

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by disneyhead
Isn't that quote from Stephen King's "It"
Beep beep, disneyhead!:)

HBTiggerFan
02-14-2002, 08:33 PM
Great guys, just what I need. A quote from IT in my head. I hate clowns. This movie gave me so many issues I wll need therapy for the rest of your life. How many grown women do you know who run screaming from any site of a clown??? (well I don't do that...) I hate clowns. :( They are scary.

Can't sleep clowns will eat me...

www.noclowns.com

Not Afraid
02-14-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Do the queue and FastPass distribution area still play music from Phantom Manor from Euro Disneyland ?

I didn't hear any music outside. I did hear the horse whinny which I had forgotten. I didn't spend much time in the queue, however, because there was virtually no line. We got there after 6:00 and rode it twice in about 1/2 hour.

It does look really clean and the sound is much improved - especially the graveyard. There's also new carpet in the Portrait Gallery and Elevator. It also seems really open in the loading area without the HMH background scene.
I have to admit, I miss the man-eating wreath :( .

Nigel2
02-14-2002, 09:23 PM

Well that's good that the person that told me this was mistaken. :)

I knew the library wouldn't stay since it is much eaiser to just cover it up and turn off the lights than change it every so often.

Is there a door covering it or a piece of wall?

justagrrl
02-15-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
I hate clowns. :( They are scary.

Here's one you'll really like:

http://www.ags.uci.edu/~dcoble/clowns/clowns.html

Dave Z
02-15-2002, 03:32 PM
CD Barbie dated this guy for awhile. He didn't like the fact that she had a stick. Good riddance.

What a clown! (http://www.ags.uci.edu/~dcoble/clowns/image/frowny.jpg)

socabch
02-16-2002, 08:49 AM
Nigel2

It's a door covering the library.

The HM does have a good clean, crisp look to it. The lightening in the windows are much brighter. Yesterday the sound system was running good. Everything is crisper and you can understand what's being said. I noticed they were still working on some of the outside. The weather vane area is covered and they still have scafolding (sp) on the back side by the RR tracks. All in all I'm pretty happy with the work that was done. I got the sense there were things that were changed but I can't pin point it. Maybe it's just cleaner.

My daughter was treated to a friendly scare from a CM who peeked inside our buggy as we were moving up to the floating candle & stared at her at eye level until she noticed & then said "peek-a-boo". She jump and said "Holy Cow".

Dlandmom
02-16-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

I didn't hear any music outside. I did hear the horse whinny which I had forgotten.

Gosh, I don't think I ever heard a sound from the "horse" at all! I definitely have to check this out!

Not Afraid
02-17-2002, 09:49 PM
There is music left over from HMH playing in the Fast Pass area, making this hte nicest FP distribution area in the park. The music is not playing the the queue.

Nigel2
02-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Oh the horse has always made sounds, like snorts and normal horse sounds, it's all timed since it wouldn't be as believeable if the horse was noisy all the time.

Ghoulish Delight
02-18-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by socabch
Nigel2

It's a door covering the library.

Well, to be technical it was a red curtain.

One more observation, the huge spiders one the huge spider webs in the loading area are gone. I thought it left the room a little sparse.

socabch
02-18-2002, 08:22 AM
Well, to be technical it was a red curtain.

Oh no!! Back to the eye doctor again.:D I have night blindness so you are probably right. I just knew it wasn't a wall. But I was trying to absorb everything at the time.
Has anyone seen any new Hidden Mickey's in HM?

The Spiders!! That's what was different in the loading area. I keep having this feeling something was not the same. And I knew it wasn't just cleaner.

MickeyD
02-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Oh! I thought it was a door too. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Was the door on the left always there?

CaliforniaCrazy
02-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Has anyone also noticed that as you exit the crypt, just as you are going out the turnstiles, you can hear one of the Mansion ghosts laughing at you? I love that. If it was never there before, that was a nice little touch.

cemeinke
02-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Has anyone seen the new tombstone?

I read somewhere (I can't find the article anymore, otherwise I'd post the link) that they added a new tombstone dedicated to Madam Leota that has a carved face whoe eyes open from time to time to check on the queue.

Despite going a couple times already I but haven't seen this addition yet (wasn't looking for it though). I can't wait to go back and check it out.

Nigel2
02-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Fine, I will have to go and see what is covering the "library" myslef.:D

Hmmm, best chances of a leaota tombstone would be on the hill but that would be hard to see. It might be in the graveyard scene on the ride.