PDA

View Full Version : What's currently being refurbished?

Llisa
08-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Apart from California Screamin' (!), can anyone tell me what rides/attractions are currently closed. I checked the DL site calendar but it's telling me that that "information is not available at this time".

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 10:58 AM
That's probably because everything is open. The 50th celebration is going on right now. They used to list Superstar Limo, but that has been removed and is now making way for a new Monsters Inc themed ride.

Llisa
08-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Aha!!! I thought that might be the case but just wanted to check. Any ideas on when California Screamin' might reopen?

Andrew
08-01-2005, 11:02 AM
MousePlanet's weekly Disneyland Resort update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050801.htm#Rehabs) includes a list of refurbishments and closures.

Darkbeer
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Aha!!! I thought that might be the case but just wanted to check. Any ideas on when California Screamin' might reopen?

Depends on what they find caused the accident, I seriously doubt it will reopen for at least a couple of weeks, and could be a couple of months or longer.... Disney might also decide to do a major refurb on the ride at the same time, which would make it closed even longer....

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Depends on what they find caused the accident, I seriously doubt it will reopen for at least a couple of weeks, and could be a couple of months or longer.... Disney might also decide to do a major refurb on the ride at the same time, which would make it closed even longer....

Yeah, this I'll definitly agree with. I expect that ride to be closed for the rest of the Summer, at least. Possibly even towards the end of the year if they do a major refurb.

MsYumiBr
08-01-2005, 12:09 PM
I can't believe nobody mentioned the subs! Okay, maybe that was a bit obvious. Also, just because nothing is being refubished doesn't mean the rides are all open. When we went last week, in one day rides were intermittently down including Indy, Pirates, Splash, and Space, and no Fireworks to boot. Be prepared to be flexible.

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I can't believe nobody mentioned the subs!

I love when you post, you aways have the right info :) Good to see you today!!! Have a wonderful day!!

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 12:12 PM
I love when you post, you aways have the right info :) Good to see you today!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Thats because the Subs are no more. They have been removed for some time. It's only natural to see an attraction that still exists and is being refurbished to be listed. The subs are being replaced with a finding nemo themed attraction.

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
they will still be subs right? I mean under water, in subs? :)

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
they will still be subs right? I mean under water, in subs? :)

yeah, apparantly so.

MsYumiBr
08-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Hmm. Same track, same clams, same subs, all speculation of course, same ride to me. Okay. Technically, not a refurb but closed nonetheless and being updated. Splash Mountain was a "new attraction". Star Tours was a "new attraction". Nemo will be a "new show" for the "submarine ride" to me. I can't wait!