PDA

View Full Version : First Anne Geddes Retail Store to Open in the Downtown Disney District, Anaheim

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
08-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Hilsinger-Mendelson West Inc. Press Release

First Anne Geddes Retail Store to Open in the Downtown Disney District, Anaheim; Anne Geddes Flagship Store Coming in Fall 2005

AUCKLAND, New Zealand--Aug. 1, 2005--Anne Geddes' highly popular and internationally renowned product line comes to Southern California this fall when the company's first flagship store opens in the Downtown Disney(R) District, in Anaheim, California. The Downtown Disney District is the highly energetic avenue leading to the entrances of the famed Disneyland(R) and Disney's California Adventure(TM) theme parks.

"Anne Geddes products emphasize quality and commitment to family, and we are showcasing our successful range in a specially designed environment that will complement the Downtown Disney District, while offering a unique Anne Geddes experience," commented Kel Geddes, Director of the Geddes Group.

The dedicated 2,700-square-foot flagship Anne Geddes store will offer a broad range of items from the Anne Geddes line. Decorated with large prints of the Australian photographer's stunning images, the Anne Geddes store will display the Anne Geddes Baby clothing collection and accessories for infants and toddlers, including a range of diaper and tote bags, her most recent coffee-table books, calendars and datebooks, plush toys, posters, photo albums, and other items. The flagship location, by Kanner Architects, will also offer new lines including sterling silver keepsake gifts and jewelry, Anne's just-released bedding collection made in Italy, and European-styled wristwatches.

Anne Geddes' award-winning images of babies have become classic icons celebrating birth and life, and the basis for a broad range of popular items noted for fine design and craftsmanship. The preeminent photographer of children is one of the most respected and successful professional photographers in the world. Her work is published in 77 countries spanning North America, Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. A two-time New York Times bestselling author, Anne's award-winning books have sold more than 15 million copies worldwide and have been translated into 20 languages. Her 1996 and 1997 New York Times Bestseller Down in the Garden has more than 1.5 million copies in print; Until Now has more than 975,000 copies in print, and Pure, which combines her sophisticated black-and white and color photographs, has 275,000 copies in print. Her website, annegeddes.com, attracts more than 7 million unique visitors from more than 200 countries annually.

hlbtimes2
08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
I thought her style was on the way out. I've seen a few cute pictures, but at this point I've seen all the dressed up babies I need to. No offense to anyone that really likes her work. I would think a store full of it would be rather overwelming to shop in. I'm curious to see what others think about it.

nursemelis374
08-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I thought the Anne Geddes stuff was way over. Do people actually buy that stuff anymore?

SoCalDude
08-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I thought the Anne Geddes stuff was way over. Do people actually buy that stuff anymore?

One way to find out.....

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Looking at the main site for it, I bet their prices might be a bit expensive. Probably to compete with Bergstroms, which matter of fact, there is a store close to the DLR right near the 5 freeway. In case anyone was wondering.

lisap
08-01-2005, 12:22 PM
We walked though the Anne Geddes boutique at Wynn Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. They carried books, infant clothes, plush, framed pictures, birth announcements and stationary. Beautiful store, but pretty expensive from what I saw. Here are some pics of the store. (http://www.annegeddes.com/wynns.cfm)

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
We walked though the Anne Geddes boutique at Wynn Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. They carried books, infant clothes, plush, framed pictures, birth announcements and stationary. Beautiful store, but pretty expensive from what I saw. Here are some pics of the store. (http://www.annegeddes.com/wynns.cfm)

Yup, expensive as I thought.

hlbtimes2
08-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Well, I must say, it looks much better then I was invisioning it. The baby stuff looks cute, thankfully, my kids are past that stage.

Opus1guy
08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Hooters or Anne Geddes? Hooters or Anne Geddes?

Hmmmm. Tough one.

;)

hlbtimes2
08-01-2005, 12:45 PM

Hmmmm. Tough one.

;)

Hooters would be more fun, but Anne is a little more family friendly. But, I know, you guys just go for the hot wings, right? ;)

SeansMom
08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Huh...somebody forgot to tell me Anne Geddes was out...just flipped my Anne Geddes calendar from July to August :geek: Anyway, I, for one, am looking forward to shopping there! Now, I just need a baby to spoil!!! (um, not one of my own, been there, done that, thank you very much!)

Opus1guy
08-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Honestly...I was pulling for the flagship Ozzy Ozborne Experience™ for this location.

:)

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Hooters would be more fun, but Anne is a little more family friendly. But, I know, you guys just go for the hot wings, right? ;)

I have to agree with this one. Hooters would kinda take away from the Disney magic that the district still conveys. And it would give it a vegas appeal in a way.

CrazyTrain
08-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I am really looking forward to it, because I like her pictures.
However, having a baby to shop for or not... I most likely will only be looking, not buying...

Alex S.
08-01-2005, 01:17 PM

This is a question the infants in question may very well be asking themselves.

I'm just glad that they're putting in a store I know with confidence I will never need to enter. Hoipolloi may be the only DTD store I've ever been in more than once.

Darkbeer
08-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Alex... you have felt the need to enter Club Libby Lu (aka Build a Whore)??? I have always walked quickly past that place after it first opened, and I ran in and got a few photos, and got out as fast as I could...

Sounds like what I will be doing with the Anne Geddes store....:fez:

penguin66
08-01-2005, 04:59 PM

I'm not a guy, but I do like to go to Hooters for the wings! :p

MrTomMorrow
08-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Is this store going in the spot that's been behind walls for a long time... where Starbucks was rumored to be put in?

Alex S.
08-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes.

And to Darkbeer, no I've never been in Club Lilly Lu. Perhaps I should have said I'm glad they're putting in another store I'll never need go into. Most of the DTD stores I've been into were when it first opened and we wandered around a bit.

I've been in Hoipolloi a couple times since because I like to look at some of the art stuff in there. I've been in Starabillia a couple time while waiting for others for a movie at AMC.

Every other store is one that I feel no need to go into.

MrsG
08-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I thought her style was on the way out. I've seen a few cute pictures, but at this point I've seen all the dressed up babies I need to. No offense to anyone that really likes her work. I would think a store full of it would be rather overwelming to shop in. I'm curious to see what others think about it.
So over. Cute babies - over exposed and over rated.

cstephens
08-01-2005, 06:31 PM
So I'm the only one who's always found Anne Geddes' baby pictures to be creepy?

ToursbabeC3po
08-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Alex... you have felt the need to enter Club Libby Lu (aka Build a Whore)??? I have always walked quickly past that place after it first opened, and I ran in and got a few photos, and got out as fast as I could...

Sounds like what I will be doing with the Anne Geddes store....:fez:

Darkbeer Little girls love club libby lu. My daughter loves to make lotions and buy cute hats. Not every kid that goes in there gets a make over. They are doing very well at downtown Disney from what I heard. I think build a whore is a little rude because the little kids that go in there are just going to PRETEND Dress up. Most little girls love to dress up and put make up on because it is not something they can do everyday. This place is a day of fun for kids it is not like they go there and then wear makeup everyday after that. Disney is a place of fantasy and most little girls love to pretend to dress up like us big kids sometimes.
That is like telling a kid that wears a princess dress that they are crazy because they are not in touch with reality.
I understand your point that they go overboard with some things in there at times but I believe it is up to the parent to decide how far they go with the make over. If my daughter ended up looking like she should be on a street corner after a pretend make over there I would make them remove the makeup and fix her hair appropriately. I am not sure if you have any children but if you had a little girl you would know that it is all for fun for one day and it does not build them into a whore. Just a child that is using there imagination and having fun for a couple of hours.
toursbabe

Opus1guy
08-01-2005, 06:48 PM
This is a question the infants in question may very well be asking themselves.

;)

Earkid
08-01-2005, 06:51 PM
It's not the dressing up or make up that bothers me. What creeps me out is when the employee's take the girls outside the front of the store after their "make-overs" and have them do a dance to a suggestive Britney Spears song and are taught how to shimmy. Inappropriate.

ToursbabeC3po
08-01-2005, 06:55 PM
It's not the dressing up or make up that bothers me. What creeps me out is when the employee's take the girls outside the front of the store after their "make-overs" and have them do a dance to a suggestive Britney Spears song and are taught how to shimmy. Inappropriate.

I have never seen that happened and if they told my daughter to dance any way inappropriately I would be upset and say something. All they have asked my daughter is if she wanted some magic fairy dust. I don't feel that is inappropriate at all.