PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Treat Advance Ticket Date

Pages : [1] 2 3

pixiepal
08-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Tickets for APs are supposed to go on sale today...but for the life of me I can't find WHERE! Anybody been able to find it? If so, please post the link here!

Animalia
08-01-2005, 08:01 AM
According to the DL AP site, advance ticket sales for the Halloween event was to begin today but when I went to the site to purchase tickets I couldn't find a link on the page for purchases. I called Walt Disney Event Services and and asked a very pleasant CM about purchasing tickets and she told me they had nothing on the event as of yet and to keep watching the DL or Disney Gallery web sites. Since the information on the AP site has "8/1/05" as the start date for advance purchases, I'm wondering if that's a typo and they meant to say "9/1/05". It does seem like a month and a half before general public sales is awfully early.

Animalia
08-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Two great minds. :D

Pixiepal, you must've been posting this thread the same time I was typing mine. I couldn't find anything either and Walt Disney Event Services dosen't have anything on the event. I'm guessing the 8/1/05 date is incorrect. Maybe someone else has more information.

MsYumiBr
08-01-2005, 08:28 AM
It took 3 days after the announcement for Space Mountain to open July 15th that the website caught up. I think it's an update thing. If anyone has a phone number to call or sees that they updated the AP page, please post.

mkraemer
08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
According to the DL AP site, advance ticket sales for the Halloween event was to begin today but when I went to the site to purchase tickets I couldn't find a link on the page for purchases. I called Walt Disney Event Services and and asked a very pleasant CM about purchasing tickets and she told me they had nothing on the event as of yet and to keep watching the DL or Disney Gallery web sites. Since the information on the AP site has "8/1/05" as the start date for advance purchases, I'm wondering if that's a typo and they meant to say "9/1/05". It does seem like a month and a half before general public sales is awfully early.

It does seem early, but I thought perhaps they were pushing it out so far to see how much response they'd get from AP holders in case they'd add more dates or decide whether to have the DL version of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Just speculating!

I think this party idea is long overdue! The one in Florida is lots of fun and a wonderful event. It's high time we have that here too.

kohl
08-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I also checked the website and couldn't find a place to buy the tickets. I called (714)781-4400 and they said you can buy the tickets there. I purchased them for Oct. 28th. They are $15 a person. :D

MsYumiBr
08-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Thank you for the #! However, it's been busy non-stop. I'll keep trying though.

Okay, now I'm on hold! (Wait until my boss sees the phone bill. lol.)

Oh, I like this. Disney music on speakerphone. "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room"

I got mine for the 22nd! Yay. I can't wait. Now I have to break out the sewing machine. ;)

olegc
08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
My wait was only about 10 minutes - maybe 15. Actually - it was end of tiki room, indy, and beginning of haunted. when I was put on hold again to verify tix I was at the end of pirates and started with the river music (all of the music is from the Official park CD - in order). So - i can honestly say it was about a 15 min wait then another 10 to do the order.

They had tix for all four nights - so I am assuming there are plenty. Since DLR does not own the web ops I am not surprised the link is not up.

We're there on the 22nd. Happy Haunting!

mkraemer
08-01-2005, 10:34 AM
I also checked the website and couldn't find a place to buy the tickets. I called (714)781-4400 and they said you can buy the tickets there. I purchased them for Oct. 28th. They are $15 a person. :D

Woohoo! This is EXCELLENT! I just finished getting our tickets for 10/29!! Thanks so much for the info!!

motomickey
08-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Got tickets for the 21st and 29th :)

Animalia
08-01-2005, 10:46 AM

Thank you for the phone number. I'll have to wait and call it when I get off work this afternoon. I'm too chicken to make a long distance call like that on the company phone. :) Have a great time everyone.

Pammer
08-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know for certain whether you have to have separate park admission for this event as well? I hold a SoCal AP, which will be blocked out on the 22nd, yet that's the only day I can attend. Perhaps DCA will just close early as others have surmised on previous threads?

mkraemer
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know for certain whether you have to have separate park admission for this event as well? I hold a SoCal AP, which will be blocked out on the 22nd, yet that's the only day I can attend. Perhaps DCA will just close early as others have surmised on previous threads?

I'm pretty darned sure that this is being handled like the events at WDW; the ticket you buy for this event *is* your admission for the event (but not into the park earlier in the day). Your AP of any flavor won't matter for event admission; your pass is simply giving you the perk of buying tickets early (and I *like* that, as well as a discount).

For the WDW Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that we attended two years ago, the Magic Kingdom allowed people who had MNSSHP tickets in before the park technically closed, and you got a wristband. At some point, the regular crowd had to leave and it was all MNSSHP. I think that's sort of tricky, logistically, but it worked out. It would be simpler to close DCA and then let in the people who have the event tickets.

I have high hopes for this event; maybe not for the event itself this year, but for what it might bring into being for the future. The MNSSHP and the holiday Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party are hugely popular at WDW, and if the MNSSHP we attended is any gauge, a very fun event. Alas, it is just too far and too expensive for five of us to go there with any regularity!

I really like this Matt guy, really I do...he really gets it...

olegc
08-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Tickets include parking - so it's a $10.00 savings as well..

Leash81
08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Thank you so much for posting that number kohl I have been going nuts checking the site since I got up for work this morning. I just called and got two tickets for the 29th, I can't wait! :D Is anyone else going to dress up and if so what will you wear?

MsYumiBr
08-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I am not dressing up, but I am dressing up my girls and my niece. It's not as fun now that they are bigger. No more furry woodland creatures. :crying: But my oldest has "agreed" to be Jessie from Toy Story II and my youngest wants to be the non-ballgown Belle. Now I just need to find out what my niece wants to be. I better get started tonight.

Pammer
08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty darned sure that this is being handled like the events at WDW; the ticket you buy for this event *is* your admission for the event (but not into the park earlier in the day). Your AP of any flavor won't matter for event admission; your pass is simply giving you the perk of buying tickets early (and I *like* that, as well as a discount).

For the WDW Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that we attended two years ago, the Magic Kingdom allowed people who had MNSSHP tickets in before the park technically closed, and you got a wristband. At some point, the regular crowd had to leave and it was all MNSSHP. I think that's sort of tricky, logistically, but it worked out. It would be simpler to close DCA and then let in the people who have the event tickets.

I have high hopes for this event; maybe not for the event itself this year, but for what it might bring into being for the future. The MNSSHP and the holiday Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party are hugely popular at WDW, and if the MNSSHP we attended is any gauge, a very fun event. Alas, it is just too far and too expensive for five of us to go there with any regularity!

I really like this Matt guy, really I do...he really gets it...

I do too, and thank you for your thoughts! I figured as much, but it wasn't spelled out in so many words on the website. :)

Pammer
08-01-2005, 11:53 AM

Another question...did you have to give your AP number, or can they just look it up for you by your name? My card is at home...I was hoping to link through the AP portion of the website, but since there's no link listed yet...

kohl
08-01-2005, 11:58 AM
They did ask for my AP #. I'm not sure if they can look it up or not.

AVP
08-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Another question...did you have to give your AP number, or can they just look it up for you by your name? My card is at home...I was hoping to link through the AP portion of the website, but since there's no link listed yet...They can look it up.

AVP

Pammer
08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
They did ask for my AP #. I'm not sure if they can look it up or not.
Thanks, kohl and AVP! I guess I'd better start dialing!

mkraemer
08-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Another question...did you have to give your AP number, or can they just look it up for you by your name? My card is at home...I was hoping to link through the AP portion of the website, but since there's no link listed yet...

I didn't have to give my AP number; they asked for my name, my birthday, and then verified my address. I asked if they wanted my AP number and they said they didn't need it!

Good luck with your tickets!

Surfingstitch
08-01-2005, 12:46 PM
What is this event and where can I find out the info for it. I am suppose to be back at the park from 10/30 - 11/02.

Do both parks close early or just DCA?

stan4d_steph
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
What is this event and where can I find out the info for it. I am suppose to be back at the park from 10/30 - 11/02.

Do both parks close early or just DCA?You can find information for it on the AP website. There is also information in the MousePlanet DL Update from July 25 here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050725.htm).

The event is being held in DCA, so DL shouldn't close early due to this.

SeansMom
08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
And a second question, if anyone can address it: If you don't have an AP can you purchase the tickets now, or do you have to wait? Or can you go at all???