PDA

View Full Version : Talking Trash Can...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Doug
08-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Finally got the talking trash can on video (first time I saw him, he was gold, and he got away before I could record him, this time I got a change to have a convo with him).... haha... he was gray instead of gold this time, I asked him "where is the gold one?" He said "the gold one? I got a paint job" haha

BQ2
08-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Finally got the talking trash can on video

His name is "push" ;)

TikiGeek
08-01-2005, 08:43 AM
I love it when he suprises someone and they realize that everybody standing around was in on the joke - how embarrassing! :D

Vegitabeta
08-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I didn't know they had these at DL, I've only ever seen them in WDW.

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Im curious as to how they interact with the guests. In other words, is there a person inside or is there someone controlling it remotely nearby and can hear every word said? Well, could also be a microphone attached. DUH! lol

Vegitabeta
08-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Im curious as to how they interact with the guests. In other words, is there a person inside or is there someone controlling it remotely nearby and can hear every word said? Well, could also be a microphone attached. DUH! lol

There is someone dressed in normal clothes hanging about with their hand in their bag and discreetly holding a mic up to their mouth. They just look like a guest, you've really gotta look for them!

Shortiemetoo
08-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Man I was so busy looking at the trash can "push" that I never noticed the person with the mic!!

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 09:25 AM
lol. thats it! i'm gonna have to go back soon and check it out! lol thanks.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2005, 09:27 AM
lol. thats it! i'm gonna have to go back soon and check it out! lol thanks.

You go for it! Tip: the person is usually wearing a baseball cap, I guess it gets attention away from them lol.

AVP
08-01-2005, 09:30 AM
There is someone dressed in normal clothes hanging about with their hand in their bag and discreetly holding a mic up to their mouth. They just look like a guest, you've really gotta look for them!Or at least that's how it's supposed to work. I've was really surprised at just how obvious the operator was the first few times I saw Push. I haven't seen it in a while, so I'm not sure if the operators are getting better. They probably just needed practice.

AVP

Vegitabeta
08-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Or at least that's how it's supposed to work. I've was really surprised at just how obvious the operator was the first few times I saw Push. I haven't seen it in a while, so I'm not sure if the operators are getting better. They probably just needed practice.

AVP

Ok, well the ones in Florida are how I described in that case! lol

AVP
08-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Ok, well the ones in Florida are how I described in that case! lolOh, the ones in WDW are AWESOME. *They* are often very hard to spot. By comparison, the DL operators might well wear a neon sign and blinking hat. ;) But I know it's not as easy as it looks. I just always look for the operator, and at least WDW poses a challenge.

AVP

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 09:37 AM
The easiest way for them to do it is have a few microphones in there that'll pick up every word, and the person running it should be somewhere nearby or at a computer inside somewhere. And either just talk through their own mic, or just type out the answers.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I just always look for the operator, and at least WDW poses a challenge.

AVP

You're like my dad :rolleyes: He's always like 'Look, there's the guy who's doing it!'

:p

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 09:44 AM
You're like my dad :rolleyes: He's always like 'Look, there's the guy who's doing it!'

:p

ROTFL!!! That'll teach em to be less obvious about it! lol

Darkbeer
08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
To find "Push", just look for the trash can that has "PUSH" on its "flaps", all the "regular" trash cans have flat "flaps" with no wording.... Push has the flaps with the word "PUSH" on it.... Of course, Push is also the only trash can that can move and talk...:fez:

Osky
08-01-2005, 11:37 AM
http://grundler.smugmug.com/photos/20619493-S-2.jpg

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
lol grundler! you bad bad man! :p

Osky
08-01-2005, 11:41 AM
lol grundler! you bad bad man! :p

Who? Me? :eek:

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 11:51 AM
lol. its like snapping a pic of the Amish. at least in the old days, it was forbidden lol.

pooh0200
08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Is this an everyday thing I have to find "Push" for my DH it would be just to funny.

Leslie

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Probably is around everyday. But I can only picture it being around only during the weekends when crowds are larger.

potzbie
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
To find "Push", just look for the trash can that has "PUSH" on its "flaps", all the "regular" trash cans have flat "flaps" with no wording.... Push has the flaps with the word "PUSH" on it.

... wait a minute ...
You mean, the trash bin I was talking to for a half-hour was NOT "the" Push???

Say, I think Maleficient spiked my Dole Whip!

:confused:

potzbie
08-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Is this an everyday thing I have to find "Push" for my DH it would be just to funny.

I once asked at Main Street's City Hall, "Will PUSH THE TRASH CAN be performing today?" and the Cast Member looked it up in the schedule (the private schedule that is more comprehensive than the general public schedule you get at the gates), and told me the hours and location of Push.

I felt funny asking if a trash container would be available for autographs, though.

I bet Push has his own trailer, as any star would. Right?
:)

Darkbeer
08-01-2005, 04:49 PM
I bet Push has his own trailer, as any star would. Right?
:)

I have seen Push go to his home, it is a storage closet next to the registers in Store Command, it is a bunch of shelves, and not much else.....:(

Poor Push....:eek: