PDA

View Full Version : DaddyB's photo update

DaddyB
07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
You're invited to come see my latest trip report/photo update for this past week.

-Sub Lagoon photos!
-Pooh! Tigger! Eeyore!
-Stuck on "Pirates"!

...and more stuff that deserves exclamation points!!!!

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/2005_08_01_Update/08_01_Update.htm

phoenixfire2k5
07-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. :)

toeknee88
08-01-2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks for sharing !! It is always a pleasant surprise to view photos from DL. The unit that is connected to the tarps around the tracks in the sub lagoon is actually a negative air machine and not an a/c unit. The negative air machine is used during lead abatement to prevent airborne lead from escaping the containment. If the containment was breached the dust would not escape but the outside air would be sucked into the containment. Sorry if I put everyone to sleep... spent too much time inside containments like that!!

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 04:29 AM
didn't even miss a beat when I requested they play
"Man Of Constant Sorrow" from the "O, Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack
(remember the "Soggy Bottom Boys"?) You should have seen the
crowd that gathered when they started up that number! THAT got this band
some attention!

so cool~!!!! I Love that song ( being a hick and all :)
I loved your pictures and the captions under them explaining all . You did an awsome job on that web site. thank you so much for Sharing!!!

disneyland addict13
08-01-2005, 06:44 AM
For the brief description of the California Screamin' crash in your update, my cousin was on the ride when it crashed (she was in the purple that crashed into the red). Cast Members around the ride at the time were saying that the purple car was going 30-40 miles an hour when the ride crashed. Just wanted to let you know.

DaddyB
08-01-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm sure that's what the castmembers said at the time. I just find it hard to believe that if the trains hit at that speed, there weren't more casualties and even fatalities. I'm thinking that the castmembers at that time were pretty shaken up and were not the best judges at how fast the other train was going (if they could really see the impact at all).

We'll probably here a closer official guess to the train's speed later this week. I'm sure we're all keeping a close watch on this and I'm also sure that we are all sending our best thoughts and prayers to the riders, the castmembers, and all their families at this time.

Shortiemetoo
08-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Awesome pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing!! :D
Karla, hopefully they will be there again and you can ask them to play that song for you again!! ;)

DaddyB
08-01-2005, 10:03 AM
When the band started playing the intro to "Man of Constant Sorrow" some guy came runninng over from the Frontierland entrance yelling "Whooo-weee! it's the Soggy Bottom Boys!"

cracked me up. Now if they only had fake beards to wear when they did that song.

Funny thing, I don't think it had occured to them to play that song previously. They only did it because I requested it and I was being so nice to them.

Hawaiian Cinderella
08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Thank you...I ALWAYS enjoy looking at your photos

Disney Vault
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the pictures. I am always checking that site to look for your photos.

DaddyB
08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
thanks so much guys... I'll be at the park tomorrow night taking pictures for next weeks update. If anyone sees me, come say HOWDY!

coronado_g
08-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Daddy B ~ Thanks for posting the link to your photo update and for taking the time to share all those wonderful pics and info with us. I especially liked the Desktop of the 50th Gold Ears with the blue background. Gorgeous! That Frontierland entrance pic with the flagpole would be a great Desktop.
Lots of interesting info about the submarine tracks. Fascinating. Thanks again.