PDA

View Full Version : In need of something extraordinarily special to do at Disneyland

disneyjunkie
07-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Ok my daughters wedding is at Disneyland mid September you would think I would be satisfied that its special enough. It is I am thrilled! But I am looking for one little or big thing, non wedding day related, but can be wedding themed to do at Disneyland itself! I have done the Fantasmic Dessert, eaten at the Blue Bayou, Piloted the Mark Twain , ridden in the cab of the Monarail, been there and worn my happy birthday badge on my birthday, Walked in Walts Footsteps... I am looking for some little or big thing to do that we havent done before. Some little treasure that I have missed or something new that I am not aware of. Any suggestions? ( ps cant afford a memebership to club 33 and waiting list extends my time line lol!)

hlbtimes2
07-31-2005, 10:16 PM
I was going to suggest piloting the Mark Twain, but I see you've done that. Last time we were there my daughter directed the band as they played Indiana Jones for her daddy. She thought that was pretty cool. Then she got picked to pull the sword from the stone- which was really super cool. She got a nice medal to wear and signed certificate- but I think you're probably to old to get picked for that. LOL

Maybe you could make a goal to ride all the gold vehicles in one day? Maybe you could try to get in for Toontown madness and get picked as the honorary family for the day? How about the new 50th tour, with the special seating for the fireworks or parade? How about a tour with the VIP tour services? Maybe they could show you something you havent seen before.

disneyjunkie
07-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Darn I would love to pull that sword out but most likely way too old , do you think it would help holding a one year old in my arms? would help? How about mother of the bride/grandma tee shirt? I thought about the 50th tour but I am not sure time will permit, busy weekend . Arriving Friday afternoon babysitting grandson Friday evening at Dl of course, Sat am or afternoon in park ( maybe if bridezilla allows me to escape) , rehersal at 4pm , rehersal dinner from 5 to 7, recommending sleep to all early Sat night I will sneak out of course , wedding at 11:30 am sunday, reception over at 5 pm , park open till 10 pm ( will be there till close of course), possible breakfast Monday then heading home. Does City Hall give out marrige certificate buttons for the wedding party?

EeyoreAdorer
08-01-2005, 07:56 AM
I wonder if the Cast Members on Autopia would let you attach a "Just Married" banner to the back of your daughters car and then have the bridal party (depending on the size) follow her around the tracks?

smd4
08-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Cab ride around the park on the Disneyland Railroad on either engines No. 1 or No. 2 (just ask the conductor).

Or maybe get your own poor-man's private car treatement by requesting a ride in the caboose?

TikiGeek
08-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Have the Dapper Dans sing a song to you - they will be glad to do it just ask them. Tell them the special situation - they're wonderful. :)

If Rod Miller has returned from medical leave by the time you visit - stop by and talk with him. He may play a song for you and might even sing to you - how special is that! ;)

kinglouie1967
08-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Run down Main Street naked? Would certainly be a unique experience. :)

funatdisney
08-01-2005, 09:14 AM
well what you do, please let us know. Maybe some pictures? I like the train idea or the Autopia idea.

Disney Vault
08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
I wonder if the Cast Members on Autopia would let you attach a "Just Married" banner to the back of your daughters car and then have the bridal party (depending on the size) follow her around the tracks?
Very cute idea.

Pooh bear
08-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I really think the Autopia idea is a great one... good picture op too

Disney Vault
08-01-2005, 09:51 PM
And you would have to post that picture.

jon80flt
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Maybe get a multi-generational silohuette (sp?) created.... or all the wedding party in one frame?

Have Fun!
Jon

SarahShep
08-01-2005, 10:57 PM
I thought about the 50th tour but I am not sure time will permit, busy weekend

Don't worry...according to my sister, if you've done the Walk in Walt's Footsteps, it's basically the same thing, so you're not missing much except the cool pin and replica ticket book.

coronado_g
08-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Run down Main Street naked? Would certainly be a unique experience. :)
I think running might be dangerous.

Pat-n-Eil
08-02-2005, 07:03 AM
How about getting your portrait done in pastels - maybe with your daughter - in the New Orleans Square portrait area?

Or you could have your sillouhette portrait done on Main Street. (That woman is amazing).

Either one would be a great momento of the day.

kinglouie1967
08-02-2005, 09:29 AM
I think running might be dangerous.

You're right. How irresponsible of me. Skipping would be best. It is Disneyland, after all.

disneyjunkie
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I am liking the train , autopia and all portraits. If I can get her to sit down long enough It would be great to have the patel portrait done of them in their wedding attire , if only her veil . If that fails how about the minnie and mickey wedding ears and tophat sold at the park? Does anyone know what those pastels run?