PDA

View Full Version : Gobble Gobble

EchoThree76
07-31-2005, 08:47 PM
I was watching a doc. on DisneyWorld and saw that they sell Entire Turkey legs for a meal/Snack. Do they have these at DL as well? If so how much and where can i get em?

MsYumiBr
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
I saw them in a cart in the hub at DL. I don't remember how much, but I saw three teenage boys sharing one. lol.

Stupid_American
08-01-2005, 06:23 AM
My wife and I usually split one.
The cart at the hub hasn't been there for a while.

You can always get one from the stand across from the entrance to the Matterhorn, near the Monorail tracks.

There's also a stand across from the Columbia/Mark Twain boarding area.

Turkey Leg (http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/leg.jpg)
Former Turkey Leg "Hub" Cart (http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/photos/legcart.jpg)

sdfilmcritic
08-01-2005, 09:13 AM
They have carts selling turkey legs and chimichangas at several locations throughout the park. I remember seeing the one at the DL hub and in Frontierland as well.

nursemelis374
08-01-2005, 09:27 AM
I think they are like 8 bucks and they are yummy! MUCH better tasting then I thought they would be.

Alex S.
08-01-2005, 09:27 AM
You can get them in Fantasyland, between the Matterhorn and small world. In Frontierland near the Mark Twain dock. I believe they're still on Main Street (on the left side of the Hub when facing the castle) but I haven't actually noticed them there in a while.

In DCA, Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market sells them, but they're rarely open.

Shortiemetoo
08-01-2005, 09:28 AM
$6 each when I was there a few weeks ago!! They are so yummy!!! I could only eat 1/2!! And that was pushing it!! :D

DaddyB
08-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Alex Stroup had it right in his post above. You can purchase Turkey Legs at those locations including the hub location. The hub location is across the street from the Carnation Gardens entrance and that coffee vending cart. It's very convenient while waiting for the fireworks. Be sure to get at least one soda with it though, those turkey legs are yummy, but SALTY! Part of what makes them so good.

...oh, and stay away from the chimichangas.

sdfilmcritic
08-01-2005, 10:05 AM
When my gf discovered the turkey legs and chimichangas at the parks she immediately thought of Meet The Fockers. I haven't seen the movie yet, but she explained the answering machine and chimichanga connection to me.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2005, 10:10 AM
chimichanga

Excuse my ignorance but, what is that^?

nursemelis374
08-01-2005, 10:10 AM
It is basically a deep fried burrito. I have also heard from many people that it is nasty.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2005, 10:15 AM
It is basically a deep fried burrito. I have also heard from many people that it is nasty.

Ok I'll maybe give that a miss then.

sdfilmcritic
08-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Well, if you want a good one you would have to go to a quality Mexican restaurant to have it. In southern California it shouldn't be too hard to find a Mexican restaurant.

cstephens
08-01-2005, 06:38 PM
The cart at the hub hasn't been there for a while.

I bought a turkey leg from a cart in the hub area (just north of the hub) about 3 weeks ago...

In DCA, Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market sells them, but they're rarely open.

Rarely open? I think "closed and has been for some time" would be a more accurate description.

Alex S.
08-01-2005, 07:45 PM
That's true. But since I'm never in the parks on the highest attendance days I wasn't quite willing to put it that way.

yeartolate
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Pssssstttttt....

They are not turkey legs - they are emu........

Shortiemetoo
08-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Pssssstttttt....

They are not turkey legs - they are emu........

No way?? Really??? If that is true how can they say they are turkey legs??

truesally
08-01-2005, 09:48 PM
They seem a little small to be emu legs but what do I know...except that they are probably the best nutritional bang for your buck in the park, not to mention convenient. I stumbled upon them somewhere by It's A Small World (so near Matterhorn, I guess) when my kids were in starvation mode while waiting for a parade to start. The great CM at the stand even pointed them out as a better deal than the $4 mini-hot dogs, bless his heart. (They're wrapped in foil and seem dubious). I think they were about $6 last summer and one fed my two small kids and another my husband & I (between-meal snack).

Enjoy! :D

jon80flt
08-01-2005, 10:45 PM
MMMMmmmm....Smoked Turkey Drumstick..... mmmmm.

Ok, now you've done it... I think I'm going to stop into DL for lunch tommorrow!!

BTW...$6 for a large serving.... can't go wrong!

Jon

Leli
08-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh man those chimichangas are the worst I've ever had. The only reason I got one was because I was looking for a turkey leg and they were all out. What can I say? When I'm hungry, I'm hungry.

coronado_g
08-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh man those chimichangas are the worst I've ever had. The only reason I got one was because I was looking for a turkey leg and they were all out. What can I say? When I'm hungry, I'm hungry.
Oh no - you've got it all wrong! Those chimichangas are terrific. Real yummy...and they're only $5. A great deal for a quick meal on the run to get in another ride line.