PDA

View Full Version : Adding Parking To An AP Queston

MonorailMan
02-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Ok, when we get to DLR, what do we do for parking, as when we get there we wont have added Parking to an AP yet, as we don't have the AP. What do we do? :confused:

blusilva
02-14-2002, 10:29 AM
You go to the parking structure and pay for your parking for the day. Take your parking ticket with you. (Try to remember or write down on a piece of paper where you parked....don't rely on marking the ticket, they may take it at the AP center, I don't remember.) Then you go to the ticketbooth to purchace your entrance tickets and tell them you intend to buy an AP with parking. They will probably be able to advise you about whether or not the cost of that day's parking will be applied toward your AP purchace. If they can't, then they will be able to at the AP processing center which is at the end of Main Street on the west side in the old Plaza Pavilion. I honestly can't remember if they do reimburse for the day's parking or not. But that would be a logical way to go about doing it.

snappy
02-14-2002, 10:45 AM
The ticket booth should take off the $7.00 from the parking structure, but you have to give them the parking ticket so don't forget it in your car. Unless this policy has changed this is what they did for us about 4 months ago.

Ghoulish Delight
02-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Yup, I'll confirm. The $7 will be applied to your AP purchase price. I wish I had known that the first time I got an AP. We thought we'd have to pay, so we took the bus instead. So it cost us about $5 between the two of us to get there. Isn't that lame? We went out of our way to save a measly $2 on a mission to spend a couple hundred, added like a half an hour to what should have been a 10 minute trip (we lived right down the street at the time), and then found out we could have gotten our parking money back!! Geez, sometimes being cheap just aint worth it ;)

Oh, I just noticed that you seem to be adding parking to an existing pass, right? So, just so you don't worry that this only applies to new purchases, they will also count the $7 toward the $35 it costs to add the parking.

tabacco
02-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Yeah, they'll deduct the $7 from an upgrade too. They WILL take your parking slip, so make sure to write down or remember where you parked. We get yelled at if those parking slips aren't in our voids at the end of the day :)