PDA

View Full Version : How soon can I make reservations for paradise pier?

Hakuna Makarla
07-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Ok, we are planning on going in April ( my Rachal and I )and ( shortie and her family) and want to try to get a good rate and be close to feeling the magic of Disney. Also we want to be able to go into the park during the early entry. My question is, how soon can we reserve a room or 2,( for Shortie and her family) and when will be be able to find the AP rates ? I have been on countless sites ( expedia and hotels.com) and they say no rooms available. Are they sold out or just not being posted yet?
Also I hope to see many padders when I come, and take lots of pictures. I had such an awsome time with the padders last time I hope they will come again and meet me and Shortie.
Disneymeimei,Ruthie, and Janine ( I do hope you gals are able to come :) ) Also looking forward to seeing Lisa again ( deogsmom), darkbeer, and mukta!! I can not forget my friend Kelly,( my knotts buddy for the day :)) and I am hoping to see you crazytrain!!
I am hoping we can all have a sit down dinner and some fun times and laughs!!
I enjoyed my self so much last time and had so many wonderful memories that will last a life time. I hope to see you all there and many more who want to come see us and spend time sharing memories and laughs !

hlbtimes2
07-31-2005, 09:21 PM
I think the lack of info for next year is just another example of the number crunching that darkbeer reported to be going on. Seems like they usually have rooms for the first part of the year available by now, but they have nothing for after Dec. 31. I know you can usually book more then 5-6 months out. I think there are a number of us on this board that regularly book that far out. I hope they finish crunching soon so they can realase the upcoming schedules and the rooms for next year!

CrazyTrain
08-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Karla, what days will you be here?

stan4d_steph
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Special AP rates aren't usually released until a few months before the effective dates. AP holders always get a standard discount of the rack rate if the reservation is made through the DL reservation line.

Keep an eye on the AP webpage for postings of deals. You can always make a reservation at a higher rate and try to switch it to the lower one when a better rate becomes available. This doesn't always work, but you have until 72 hours before your check-in date to cancel without penalty.

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Karla, what days will you be here?

I am not sure, it will be the first week in april vbut not sure of dates yet as I want to stay over a weekend to save on flights. so its from the first to the 10th on deciding days. ( I will know more when my sister lets me know the dates she will come to stay with my little ones.
I am treating my oldest daughter Rachal this time. She never go to do much last year as the little one kept screaming and throwing tantrums. ( to much stimulation and heat) we want to meet Shortie and a few other padders , take it easy and just have fun and go with the flow . I hope to see you there !!!

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Special AP rates aren't usually released until a few months before the effective dates. AP holders always get a standard discount of the rack rate if the reservation is made through the DL reservation line.

Keep an eye on the AP webpage for postings of deals. You can always make a reservation at a higher rate and try to switch it to the lower one when a better rate becomes available. This doesn't always work, but you have until 72 hours before your check-in date to cancel without penalty.

Thank you much step, I will keep watching for the dates and for lower rates . I appreciate your help.

CrazyTrain
08-02-2005, 01:10 PM
I am not sure, it will be the first week in april vbut not sure of dates yet as I want to stay over a weekend to save on flights. so its from the first to the 10th on deciding days. ( I will know more when my sister lets me know the dates she will come to stay with my little ones.
I am treating my oldest daughter Rachal this time. She never go to do much last year as the little one kept screaming and throwing tantrums. ( to much stimulation and heat) we want to meet Shortie and a few other padders , take it easy and just have fun and go with the flow . I hope to see you there !!!

Ok... I'll be out of town around the 7th to the 10th, so I hope I get to see you! :D

Susan L
08-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I have always booked our packages with DLR 9 to 10 months in advance. I usually go through AAA. This time I will be booking in Sept through AAA again which will give me 6 months to plan the trip and pay it off.

The Disneyland site will only give you rates up until Dec right now. Although I did call them and asked about next years rates and they told me they wouldn't have that info until Sept.