PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep your Fast Passes from getting wet?

ima_mickeyfan
07-31-2005, 02:48 PM
I have read somewhere that people keep small amounts of cash, tickets, & stuff in these plastic "thingies" that hang from your lanyard, but I can't seem to find any...does anyone know where I can get them?

CrazyMouse
07-31-2005, 02:51 PM
I have read somewhere that people keep small amounts of cash, tickets, & stuff in these plastic "thingies" that hang from your lanyard, but I can't seem to find any...does anyone know where I can get them?

does anyone know where? pls! this would be most helpful for me too!

MsYumiBr
07-31-2005, 03:02 PM
You can get the plastic zip lock pouches at the park. Be warned, they break! Another option is this one that is talked about in a different thread:
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2574
I hope this helps.

coronado_g
07-31-2005, 03:08 PM
You can get them at WalMart for 99cents! It zips and even comes with a cord for around your neck. The whole thing is VERY sturdy so you don't have to worry about it breaking. I personally carry one in my purse as I carry my paper money in it.
Because all WalMarts are the same, I'll tell you where to find them. They carry them in the accessories area right by the jewelry dept. The accessories area also has key chains, cords for your eyeglasses, and small change purses.

Hakuna Makarla
07-31-2005, 03:11 PM
You can get them at WalMart for 99cents! It zips and even comes with a cord for around your neck. The whole thing is VERY sturdy so you don't have to worry about it breaking. I personally carry one in my purse as I carry my paper money in it.

yeah, I second going to walmart, these are great and cheap!! why pay a fortune for one some where else when 99 cents is the best price around :)

Shortiemetoo
07-31-2005, 03:19 PM
I have one from mouseshoppe and use it to keep my money and ID in my backpack from getting wet. I have a small pocket wallet type folding thing I got at Wal Mart that I keep in my short/pant pockets that has my ID, AP (now that I finally own one!!), fast passes and some cash in! It worked great on my last trip and I didn't have to wear it! I already wear a pin lanyard! ;) The ones you can buy at disneyland as a seprate purchase are not longer available according to the shops and carts I checked at on my visit. Apparantly they discontinued that product!

MsYumiBr
07-31-2005, 03:27 PM
The one with the retractable cord is discontinued? We still have that one from our trip in February. We got a new plastic thingy attached to the AAA lanyard they gave us for this trip. That's the one that broke in one day. I don't know what the one from WalMart looks like but my vote is for anything sturdy and convenient. I don't wear my lanyard because I lose pins from the backs falling off and haven't figured out how to use the locking pins yet. It sounds like it's worth a trip to WalMart just to find out about these pouches.

DisneyDustin22
07-31-2005, 04:03 PM
In all my years of going to Disneyland and getting wet on Splash and GRR, I always keep my money in my wallet which is in my pocket which is usually in my board shorts or whatever pants I am wearing at the time, never gotten any of it wet. Lucky? Maybe. :D

coronado_g
07-31-2005, 04:07 PM
In all my years of going to Disneyland and getting wet on Splash and GRR, I always keep my money in my wallet which is in my pocket which is usually in my board shorts or whatever pants I am wearing at the time, never gotten any of it wet. Lucky? Maybe. :D
Women tend to stick their FastPasses in their jeans back pocket and yes, it does get wet from sitting in the boat at PotC or the Splash log. And if it truly gets super wet, it'll tear when you pull it out of that tight rear pocket.
Best to keep it in a plastic lanyard.

Doug
07-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Interesting, that link is for, what looks just like:
http://witzprod.com/witzprod/product.cfm

I purchased a couple, and they work great... just enough space for a AP, CC, and a little grean and $6.50 from the link above... oh, and I just stick mine in my pocket ... I use to use a caribiner to keep it attached to my belt loop above my pocket, but this is not even nesesary, and now with shorts with cargo pockets really not nesesary...

I am curious though, anyone have a pic of the WalMart one?

You can get the plastic zip lock pouches at the park. Be warned, they break! Another option is this one that is talked about in a different thread:
I hope this helps.

adriennek
07-31-2005, 09:31 PM
I hope this helps.

My husband and I each have one of these super awesome boxes from MouseShoppe. We've had them for a few years now, and ours have never broken. I love them. They're water-tight. I put my AP, a credit card, usually some money, and I have businesscard sized cards in them that hold important phone numbers and such.

MouseShoppe customer service is top-notch, too.

Adrienne - who does not own MouseShoppe and is not an employee of MouseShoppe and does not any reimbursement from MouseShoppe. :)

DisneyDustin22
07-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Women tend to stick their FastPasses in their jeans back pocket and yes, it does get wet from sitting in the boat at PotC or the Splash log. And if it truly gets super wet, it'll tear when you pull it out of that tight rear pocket.
Best to keep it in a plastic lanyard.

Well I am not a woman so I guess this doesn't apply to me.

AVP
08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Interesting, that link is for, what looks just like:
http://witzprod.com/witzprod/product.cfm Same ones, same price. (Unless you buy two, and then we're a little less expensive) Witz is the manufacuture, MouseShoppe is an authorized retailer. Lots and lots of places sell them - most surf shops, etc. I've seen cheaper ones that definitely were not Witz - no rubber gasket, for one thing; no breakaway cord. The ones I've seen at WalMart were like heavy-duty zip-lock bags - they had a zip top instead of a clasp.

AVP

Poptart
08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Same ones, same price. (Unless you buy two, and then we're a little less expensive) Witz is the manufacuture, MouseShoppe is an authorized retailer. Lots and lots of places sell them - most surf shops, etc. I've seen cheaper ones that definitely were not Witz - no rubber gasket, for one thing; no breakaway cord. The ones I've seen at WalMart were like heavy-duty zip-lock bags - they had a zip top instead of a clasp.

AVP

You can get waterproof containers at camping supply stores/departments and also Ebay.

MrsPooh
08-02-2005, 11:35 AM
We've bought the DL ones that go around your neck, we haven't had any trouble with them. Piglet had one that had the retractable cord from last year, his broke, but he was also always playing with it, I knew it wouldn't last when we bought it.

Oh, and we got ours in the Emporium, but I also saw them at DCA.

I think if the little pouch breaks I will buy another pouch elsewhere and use the same lanyard. Those are too fun, especially with the 50th castle on them! ;)