PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland in Sept

McStef66
07-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Hello all. Just a few questions. My family will be going to Disneyland in Sept for a day. It has been years since my husband has gone and it will be my first trip to DL. I have been to DW in Fla so I am looking forward to this. It will also be my 3 year daughters first time.
So the questions I have are. How is the crowds at that time of year, we should be going on a Thursday in Sept. I had also heard they shut down rides in the "slow" season. We are mainly worried about it’s a small world the tea cups and stuff catered towards a 3-4 year old. Should they be up and running? What other rides are directed towards the little ones?
Also are you allowed to bring in drinks such as water and snacks?
Thanks.

DangerMouse
07-31-2005, 11:54 AM
A Thursday in September should be a bit less busy than the summer crowds since school is back in session for most kids. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that every ride will be open. It is the 50th celebration, afterall. Your 3 yo will love Fantasyland and Toontown. You may want to screen some of the darkrides before taking her on. Mr. Toad and Snow White can be scary for little ones. Don't miss the Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room as well. Make sure you take her to storytime with the Princesses at the Castle shop. You can get a storytime schedule from City Hall.

Oh, and you will have no problem brining in bottled water and snacks. They really help keep the costs down! I always bring in a backpack full of snacks and water.

Enjoy your day at DL. I'm sure it will be magical for your daughter.
:D

Earkid
07-31-2005, 11:57 AM
The Haunted Mansion is scheduled to be closed during most of September to add the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay.

Shortiemetoo
07-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Have a wonderful time and check mouseplanet for news and updates as to what is happening at the park! People here are very helpful and well informed!!
My daughter and son in law were there last Sept. for a week and she said the weekdays, Mon thru Wed were the least crowded with Thurs becoming a little more crowded but much better than Fri, Sat or Sun!!

McStef66
08-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the replys and info!!!! Also, is the sub ride up and running?

DangerMouse
08-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the replys and info!!!! Also, is the sub ride up and running?

Are you referring to the new Nemo sub ride? No, that won't be open till 2007, if I remember correctly . . . .

McStef66
08-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Are you referring to the new Nemo sub ride? No, that won't be open till 2007, if I remember correctly . . . .

No not the nemo one.My husband said he remembered back in the 80's that they had a sub ride there at the park.

DangerMouse
08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
No not the nemo one.My husband said he remembered back in the 80's that they had a sub ride there at the park.

Oh, that's been gone for years. They are currently redoing it to a be a new Nemo sub ride. If your husband hasn't been since the 80's he's going to notice a lot of changes. . .