PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Roger Rabbit Christmas Show - Did Anyone Else See It?

animagusurreal
07-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone else saw this show back in 1988, in a tent (I believe) at the old Big Thunder Ranch. I was just thinking about it, and thinking I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Being a 7-year-old huge Roger Rabbit fan, I loved the show. All I remember about it is that Roger almost "ruined Christmas" by setting Santa's Christmas clock off-kilter.

It also got me to thinking about how Disney was so hot to put Roger Rabbit into things back then. Putting his shorts before their movies, and having him appear with the major characters - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, etc. - in Mickey's Nutcracker in the Fantasyland Theatre (then Videopolis,) in the Party Gras parade (as a giant float) and on Mickey's 60th Birthday TV Special (alongside his voice actor, Charles Fleischer.) And then, of course, he got his own ride. I still love the movie, but I don't think Roger is nearly as popular today, so it's kind of funny to think of that time.

Andrew
07-30-2005, 08:35 PM
It also got me to thinking about how Disney was so hot to put Roger Rabbit into things back then. Putting his shorts before their movies, and having him appear with the major characters - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, etc. - in Mickey's Nutcracker in the Fantasyland Theatre (then Videopolis,) in the Party Gras parade (as a giant float) and on Mickey's 60th Birthday TV Special (alongside his voice actor, Charles Fleischer.) And then, of course, he got his own ride. I still love the movie, but I don't think Roger is nearly as popular today, so it's kind of funny to think of that time.
Don't forget Roger used to be one of the main "stars" of WDW's SpectroMagic--since replaced by the Genie--and also was on the upper deck of the Mark Twain at the end of Disneyland's Fantasmic. I think he's gone now.

DCA Dot
07-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Plus, wasn't Roger all over Toon Town when it first opened?

You just don't see him much anymore. :crying: