PDA

View Full Version : Disney Deprogrammers

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 08:17 PM
My partner just opened the credit card statement and wants to know if anyone has the number for a Disney deprogrammer :rolleyes:

GrumpyUTboi
07-30-2005, 08:25 PM
deprogrammer?

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 08:40 PM
deprogrammer?
Deprogrammers are hired, usually by parents at great expense, to persuade cult members to relinquish their (alleged) misguided ways. Common tools are kidnapping, sensory depravation and psychological re-allignment--brainwashing to be blunt. :|

GrumpyUTboi
07-30-2005, 08:47 PM
took me a minute to figure out what was meant in the post.

hlbtimes2
07-30-2005, 08:48 PM
How much are they willing to pay?

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 08:55 PM
How much are they willing to pay?
Fortunately, for me, his resources won't be what they used to be after paying off the charge card! ;)

animagusurreal
07-30-2005, 08:58 PM
My Dad tried sort of tried to "Disney Deprogram" me at fifteen by inspiring and encouraging my obsession with Broadway musicals (especially Sondheim.) For a while, he suceeded. Now, 9 years later, I'm obsessed with both! MOO-HOO-HOO-HA-HA-HA-HA! (Actually, at the moment, by Disneyland obsession has regained its edge over musicals.)

hlbtimes2
07-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Fortunately, for me, his resources won't be what they used to be after paying off the charge card! ;)

Dang, thats what I was afraid of. I was hoping we could work up some treatment plan for you, that of course would require a trip back to park so see how bad it is there. Just how awful it is for you. And, of course, I would need to have a paid trip there to help you through the process.

So much for that plan. :p

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 09:10 PM
My Dad tried sort of tried to "Disney Deprogram" me at fifteen by inspiring and encouraging my obsession with Broadway musicals (especially Sondheim.) For a while, he suceeded. Now, 9 years later, I'm obsessed with both! MOO-HOO-HOO-HA-HA-HA-HA! (Actually, at the moment, by Disneyland obsession has regained its edge over musicals.)
Gee, maybe Sondheim could do the Broadway version of Finding Nemo. Can't you just hear "Just Keep Swimming" as the meloncholy tearbreaking showstopper? Do you think we could convince Ellen to take singing lessons?

animagusurreal
07-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Gee, maybe Sondheim could do the Broadway version of Finding Nemo. Can't you just hear "Just Keep Swimming" as the meloncholy tearbreaking showstopper? Do you think we could convince Ellen to take singing lessons?

Yeah, I can just hear it. It would be all cheerful and then suddenly she would break down and scream - "I just can't keep swimming anymore!"

Actually, this is a little OT, but I'm amazed at how many Sondheim-Disney connections that there are, from Sondheim doing the songs for Dick Tracy to Dean Jones starring in the original Broadway "Company" to Chip, Dale and Goofy performing a happy-ified "Is a Parade in Town?" (from "Anyone Can Whistle")during the opening medely of the 1989 Disney World Easter Parade.
Not to mention that the young Sondheim wrote a musical of Mary Poppins (as one of the projects assigned by his mentor, Oscar Hammerstien,) years before Disney's version came out.

Ah, dual obsession!

coronado_g
07-30-2005, 10:16 PM
My partner just opened the credit card statement and wants to know if anyone has the number for a Disney deprogrammer :rolleyes:
LOL! What a hoot! I burst out laughing out loud and scared my poor birds right off their perch.

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I can just hear it. It would be all cheerful and then suddenly she would break down and scream - "I just can't keep swimming anymore!"

Actually, this is a little OT, but I'm amazed at how many Sondheim-Disney connections that there are, from Sondheim doing the songs for Dick Tracy to Dean Jones starring in the original Broadway "Company" to Chip, Dale and Goofy performing a happy-ified "Is a Parade in Town?" (from "Anyone Can Whistle")during the opening medely of the 1989 Disney World Easter Parade.
Not to mention that the young Sondheim wrote a musical of Mary Poppins (as one of the projects assigned by his mentor, Oscar Hammerstien,) years before Disney's version came out.

Ah, dual obsession!

You've got it BAD!!! Do you want to hear the best Sondheim story? He was writing the lyrics for West Side Story and was living in a ground floor apartment in a brownstone on East 49th Street. Well, one night he was working late--like 2:30 am--and he hears a knock on his back door. He opens the door and there stands Katherine Hepburn--who was his next door neighbor. And Hepburn says, "I'm sure you are working on something that will change the course of American theater, but I'm trying to sleep." And he says, "I'm sorry Miss Hepburn. I'll try to be more quiet." And Hepburn says, "Well, I hope so." And then she turned around and climbed back over the fence.

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 10:46 PM
LOL! What a hoot! I burst out laughing out loud and scared my poor birds right off their perch.

I don't think he's kidding! Send my regard to the birds.

Disneyfun
07-30-2005, 10:51 PM

Now you are my kind of person Musicals and Disney. Tell me you LIke Harry potter too and I would say yu are my lost twin!

animagusurreal
07-30-2005, 10:53 PM
You've got it BAD!!! Do you want to hear the best Sondheim story? He was writing the lyrics for West Side Story and was living in a ground floor apartment in a brownstone on East 49th Street. Well, one night he was working late--like 2:30 am--and he hears a knock on his back door. He opens the door and there stands Katherine Hepburn--who was his next door neighbor. And Hepburn says, "I'm sure you are working on something that will change the course of American theater, but I'm trying to sleep." And he says, "I'm sorry Miss Hepburn. I'll try to be more quiet." And Hepburn says, "Well, I hope so." And then she turned around and climbed back over the fence.

:D

I remember her being quoted as saying something like "And believe me when he saw my face - he - stopped - playing."

Disneyfun
07-30-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't think he's kidding! Send my regard to the birds.
ANd this is why I work with cash only!!!! ;) :D

animagusurreal
07-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Now you are my kind of person Musicals and Disney. Tell me you LIke Harry potter too and I would say yu are my lost twin!

We must be in another remake of "The Parent Trap"!

I just finished "Half Blood Prince" a couple weeks ago and I'm already making predictions about the final book.

How about a Sondheim musical based upon Harry Potter (he'd love the mystery aspect) that has its premiere in the Hyperion Theatre?

Disneyfun
07-30-2005, 11:07 PM

I just finished "Half Blood Prince" a couple weeks ago and I'm already making predictions about the final book.

How about a Sondheim musical based upon Harry Potter (he'd love the mystery aspect) that has its premiere in the Hyperion Theatre?

A definet YES To the Sondheim HP musical!!!
Okay I went to the midnight madness and got my copy! I too am making my perdictions. See the entertainment section here. I finshed mine in about five days would of been a bit sooner but I also did the Disnay 50th birthday thing. I have been waiting for my friend to finish so I could have some one to talk too.
Tooo Cool Nice to meet you!

Hank919
07-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey send those deprogramers my way. If I want to talk to my wife I need to pry her away from Mouse planet first

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 11:23 PM

Potter fan also. I'm next in line for the latest when the partner finishes it.
Checked out your home page--good stuff.

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey send those deprogramers my way. If I want to talk to my wife I need to pry her away from Mouse planet first

My partner sympathizes-definitely.