PDA

View Full Version : what happens on sister's day?

Pages : [1] 2

stinkytinky14
07-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Anything speacial happen? Is it worth going with your sister??

VickiC
07-30-2005, 06:33 PM
I hope I'm not the only one saying Huh?

stinkytinky14
07-30-2005, 07:05 PM
sister's day is August 5 according to DL and I was wondering if anyone knew of this and if any has gone to one before

Disneyfun
07-30-2005, 07:14 PM
I hope I'm not the only one saying Huh?
Nope I am also right with you
HUH? :confused:

Earkid
07-30-2005, 07:17 PM
I've never heard of sister's day. Please 'splain.

stan4d_steph
07-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I don't see anything about this on the DL website. The calendar for that day shows the regular slate of entertainment, nothing special.

Wendi
07-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Huh?

shawnarae
07-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I have seen Sister's Day somewhere (maybe on a Hallmark calendar?), but I SERIOUSLY doubt Disney would do anything for it. Seems like major Holidays only :) :p :D ;)

leotatoombs
07-30-2005, 08:46 PM
I have seen Sister's Day somewhere (maybe on a Hallmark calendar?), but I SERIOUSLY doubt Disney would do anything for it. Seems like major Holidays only :) :p :D ;)you buy your sister a sisters day card! another ingeius market ploy by hallmark!!! brothers day,kids day as well.
:)

cstephens
07-30-2005, 09:24 PM
OK, so that's why Disneyland is releasing a "Sister's Day" pin tomorrow? Though having Cinderella on the pin with Anastasia and Drizella on there would seem to make it an anti-Sister's Day pin...

Another Hallmark holiday...

adriennek
07-30-2005, 09:37 PM
We sing!

Lord help the Mister,
that comes between me and my sister!
And God help the Sister
Who comes between Me and my MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen now.

Adrienne

Earkid
07-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Though having Cinderella on the pin with Anastasia and Drizella on there would seem to make it an anti-Sister's Day pin... hee hee hee :D

I don't have a sister, can I file a discrimination suit or something? ;)

Disneyfun
07-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Okay I had to get the lopw down on this. ANd yes it seems Diosney is coming out with a sister's day pin

"This pin features a dangle in the shape of a crown. Sister's Day 2005 will be celebrated on August 5."

When I first did the goodle search I was comingup with sister day inthe 5th or 7th or 9th? And I was like okay peopple pick a date and then I learned it is the first sunday of the month of August.

Do Lets see we Have Mothers day some sunday in may Father's day in june
Sister day in August, Gradnparents day in Sept. ANd I forgot when kids day is aolthoguuth I was aways told as a kid that was everyday.

Tried to look up brothers day. Sorry guys could find nothing except some one kidding around that is was the day before sisters day and the following day after sisters day is twins day.

SOo does eveyone have that down now. Mark your calenders.
Personally I think Halmark is losing money on e-mails so to get those last few who still buy cards religiously for every holiday (My grandmother) they had to come up with w few more to get those poor little soles somehting to buy!

BtW adriennekI loved the song i knew when I met you t the meet you were cool!

I Heart Disneyland!
07-30-2005, 10:58 PM
We sing!

Lord help the Mister,
that comes between me and my sister!
And God help the Sister
Who comes between Me and my MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrienne

I LOVE this song, and my sis and I have sung it a time or two! ha!

Disneyfun
07-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Okay proof of sister's day
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=10375

MeelaneMouse
07-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Hmmm, I may have to wait in line for that pin...many times I feel like Cinderella!

leotatoombs
07-31-2005, 12:56 AM
OK, so that's why Disneyland is releasing a "Sister's Day" pin tomorrow? Though having Cinderella on the pin with Anastasia and Drizella on there would seem to make it an anti-Sister's Day pin...

Another Hallmark holiday..."the one who laughs last,laughs the softest"
:D

stan4d_steph
07-31-2005, 06:59 AM
Okay proof of sister's day
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=10375There's our answer. Sister's Day = yet another excuse to release a pin

coronado_g
07-31-2005, 10:49 AM
If my half-sister gave me a pin like that, I'd wonder what she was really trying to tell me.

cstephens
08-01-2005, 06:42 PM
We looked at the pin yesterday. Sometimes the pin in person looks better than the picture. In this case, the depictions of the characters, even Cinderella, weren't very good. We didn't buy it.

ToursbabeC3po
08-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I can not believe that they have sisters day now. That is such a money making scam LOL. So when is brothers day? LOL
Toursbabe

spacemountain85
08-02-2005, 01:20 AM
We looked at the pin yesterday. Sometimes the pin in person looks better than the picture. In this case, the depictions of the characters, even Cinderella, weren't very good. We didn't buy it.
Seriously, what is going on with their lips?

RemainSeatedPlease
08-02-2005, 01:21 AM
If my half-sister gave me a pin like that, I'd wonder what she was really trying to tell me.

lol, good point :D :eek:

Niwel
08-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I just saw the pin. Why did they choose Drizella and Anastasia w/Cinderella? Better options (if they asked me first):

1) Lilo and Noni (From Lilo and Stitch)
2) Susan and Sharon/Annie and Hallie (From the Parent Trap)
3) Alice and her sister (From Alice in Wonderland)
4) Ariel and her sisters (The Little Mermaid)
5) Drizella and Anastasia without Cinderella

adriennek
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
I just saw the pin. Why did they choose Drizella and Anastasia w/Cinderella? Better options (if they asked me first):

1) Lilo and Noni (From Lilo and Stitch)

HEL-LO!!!!!!!!

Abso-hula-lutely!

End. Of. Discussion.

Driz & Ana without Cindy could've been cute, too. But Lilo and Noni are such perfect examples of sisters.

They probably thought a Cinderella pin would sell better because people without sisters who like Cinderella might buy it. :rolleyes:

Adrienne