PDA

View Full Version : Should I Feel Flattered or Offended?

RideMax Mark
02-14-2002, 05:16 AM
OK, I stumbled across this MP trip report (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip.rpt/report_files/dltrip.rpt/rocha01au.htm) from last August by Abraham Rocha, and one part really caught my eye when he says, “…honestly, I don't understand those "Ridemax" people who try to ride every single ride in the park in 1 day - that's just not fun for me.”

First of all, I have to admit that I’m flattered that the RideMax planning software is becoming well enough known that someone would refer to it in a sort of “generic” sense like this in a trip report.

What bothers me, though, is that Mr. Rocha paints this picture of RideMax users as being sort of wild-eyed fanatics running frantically around the park trying to get on every attraction in a single day! I have to admit that as a “proof of concept” I did use the software once this way during its beta phase, but this is far from typical!

Granted, part of the problem may be due to the fact that I chose to call the software “RideMax,” and perhaps the name paints this sort of “frantic” picture. In reality, though, the software is simply a tool to help someone minimize the amount of time they spend in line at the park, nothing more. It even has a “slow” setting for people who want to take things at a leisurely pace!

Contrary to Mr. Rocha’s impression, the fact is that I have yet to hear from a single RideMax user who has attempted to use the software to “ride every attraction in a single day.”

The more typical users are like the grandparents from Utah who only have one day in the middle of the summer to visit the park, and simply want to show their grandchildren a good time. Or like the family from Canada who are spending thousands of dollars for a trip to DL, and want to ride a reasonable number of attractions during their visit without getting overwhelmed by the crowds. Or like the AP from Southern California who just wants a little help mapping out this week’s visit to the park.

My apologies if this sort of rubs any of the “non-planners” the wrong way, but I still can’t help but think that if Mr. Rocha had actually used the software, he may have come away with a different opinion!

Mark
---
Spend less time in line (that's all, really!) with
RideMax for Disneyland (http://www.ridemax.com)

Someone You Dont Know
02-14-2002, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't be offended by it. I doubt anyone remembers that trip report. Cheer up, buckaroo! :D

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by RideMax Mark
OK, I stumbled across this MP trip report (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip.rpt/report_files/dltrip.rpt/rocha01au.htm) from last August by Abraham Rocha, and one part really caught my eye when he says, ??honestly, I don't understand those "Ridemax" people who try to ride every single ride in the park in 1 day - that's just not fun for me.?
It's just one person's opinion. It's not beneficial to dwell on one person that disagrees with you and not take into account the many, many people that use and enjoy "RideMax". That's a glass half empty sort of thing...
My impression of Abraham Rocha is that he's a cool, laid back kinda guy. I can almost guarantee his comments were not made to insult anyone personally.:)
I got a scathingly bad review in a local Hawaii newspaper for a play I did once. It was one reviewer's opinion versus my own. I thought I did a great job. So, his review became irrelevant.;)

mad4mky
02-14-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DisneyLad

It's just one person's opinion. It's not beneficial to dwell on one person that disagrees with you and not take into account the many, many people that use and enjoy "RideMax". That's a glass half empty sort of thing...
My impression of Abraham Rocha is that he's a cool, laid back kinda guy. I can almost guarantee his comments were not made to insult anyone personally.:)

I agree with Disneylad. Mr. Rocha seems like an extremely nice guy. He banters back and forth with us on MP...and never has a cross word (at least I havn't come across one) towards anyone.
Everyone has an opinion...and at least he looked over your product. He's not like me, I wouldn't bother with it...I just don't need that pressure when I go to the parks. If I miss a ride, so be it...life will go on.
But, I am sure, with the way the world is on a tight time schedule, many people will find your product the best thing there is.
So...don't be offended...everyone is different on their approach to the parks.:)