PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry for resort hotel guests

Pages : [1] 2

10-97
07-30-2005, 10:17 AM
We just got back from a great summer vacation. We stayed at the DLH, and when we asked Guest Services about the details of Early Entry, we had a nice surprise: Guests staying at the resort hotels can now use Early Entry each day it is offered. At the main gate early entry point, you just show your hotel credit card / monorail boarding pass, and use your parkhopper at the turnstile.

Besides being able to get an early start, it's nice to avoid the long lines for the 8 am entry.

I didn't notice any publicity about this feature. We didn't get any information when we checked in, and I didn't see anything about it in our hotel room. Guest Services said it had been effect for a couple of weeks.

MsYumiBr
07-30-2005, 10:22 AM
We were just there. They said nothing about it. We were too tired to get up early anyway. It would have been nice to know. Concierge could have at least mentioned it.

losaitkens
07-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Wow. We have APs and are staying at GC in November so I would be really curious to know if this is now standard policcy for hotel guests. Did the cast members at the gates question you at all when you entered the park or did they seem to know about this change? Finally, a potential way for AP holders to get early entry perks! Can anyone else confirm this?

10-97
07-30-2005, 10:59 AM
There was one Cast Member who stood in front of the early entry turnstile, checking to see if guests were eligible for EE. She knew all about the changes. She was really busy, so we only asked her a couple of questions. After looking at our monorail express boarding passes, she directed us to the turnstile staffed by a Cast Member who scanned the tickets. We used parkhoppers which were stamped in red each day when entering early, "DL EE."

I didn't think to ask about AP's, or how long they expected the program to continue.

losaitkens
07-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Hmm... sounds like you may still need to have a park hopper ticket in addition to being a disney property hotel guest based on the fact they stamped your park hopper each time. That is great that they have changed it to unlimited EE for resort guests I just hope they plan on extending the benefit to all hotel guests and not just those with park hoppers. Thanks for getting back to me on this and look forward to hearing from anyone else who may have additional info on this.

Malcon10t
07-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Wow. We have APs and are staying at GC in November so I would be really curious to know if this is now standard policcy for hotel guests. Did the cast members at the gates question you at all when you entered the park or did they seem to know about this change? Finally, a potential way for AP holders to get early entry perks! Can anyone else confirm this?My brother stayed at DLH 7/18-7/20, and he could take 6 people into the park with his pass. We had annual passes and there was no issue.

losaitkens
07-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Okay. I just got off the phone with guest services at GC and thought I would post the information they gave me here for other excited AP holders like myself. According to the gentlemen I spoke to, Any DLR hotel guest can use EE on ALL the days it is offered. This includes AP holders. Simply show your hotel room key with your AP and you can get in an hour early. :)

Mark Goldhaber
07-30-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm gonna do a little happy dance. Thanks for the info! One more thing to enjoy in three weeks!

EeyoreAdorer
07-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Okay. I just got off the phone with guest services at GC and thought I would post the information they gave me here for other excited AP holders like myself. According to the gentlemen I spoke to, Any DLR hotel guest can use EE on ALL the days it is offered. This includes AP holders. Simply show your hotel room key with your AP and you can get in an hour early. :)

Yippee.....we're staying at the GCH in a few days and had thought that we could only use EE once (per our AAA packet). It's nice to know that we can use EE each morning. That is, if we're not too tired from the night before ;)

Question.....what is a Monorail express boarding pass? Do we get it at the hotel when we check in? Does anyone know?

Thanks.....

hlbtimes2
07-31-2005, 07:13 AM
It's nice to know that we can use EE each morning.

Question.....what is a Monorail express boarding pass? Do we get it at the hotel when we check in? Does anyone know?

Thanks.....

Just so there is no confusion, its not available everyday. You can use it Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Saturday.

I believe you will get your Monorail boarding pass when you check into the hotel. Its a pass that will let you board with other hotel guests, with priority over those not staying at one of the 3 Disney properties.

CrazyMouse
07-31-2005, 08:26 AM
Yippee.....we're staying at the GCH in a few days and had thought that we could only use EE once (per our AAA packet). It's nice to know that we can use EE each morning. That is, if we're not too tired from the night before ;)

Thanks.....

You can ONLY use the Early Entry ONE TIME on the following days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. You can NOT use it multiple days.

losaitkens
07-31-2005, 08:34 AM
You can ONLY use the Early Entry ONE TIME on the following days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. You can NOT use it multiple days.

Actually, this seems to not be true anymore. It has been confirmed by at least one guest at the park and by guest services employee at the GC that Disney Resort hotel guests may use it on ALL the days it is offered- Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. You just have to show proof that you are staying at one of the three hotels. AP holders are also eligible for this benefit as long as they are staying at 1 of the 3 disney resort hotels. This seems to be a new policy and not published anywhere so I would be interested to hear if more people can confirm it or get the same answer I did when calling hotel guest services.

CrazyMouse
07-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Actually, this seems to not true anymore. It has been confirmed by at least one guest at the park and by guest services employee at the GC that Disney Resort hotel guests may use it on ALL the days it is offered- Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. You just have to show proof that you are staying at one of the three hotels. AP holders are also eligible for this benefit as long as they are staying at 1 of the 3 disney resort hotels. This seems to be a new policy and not published anywhere so I would be interested to hear if more people can confirm it or get the same answer I did when calling hotel guest services.

I will contact Disneyland in a bit i want to confrim this. Thanks.

MsYumiBr
07-31-2005, 08:52 AM
I checked the Monorail Express Boarding Pass "credit card" for hotel identification. It says nothing about early entry. I also looked through every piece of paper the hotel gave me and again, nothing. We arrived on the 22nd. Maybe they started this after we arrived. I remember hearing some conversation in the concierge about early entry, but we were with a 16 year old. It was hard enough trying to get there 15 minutes early! lol. I need to call the hotel anyway. I'll let you know what they say as well.

losaitkens
07-31-2005, 09:01 AM
For those of you calling the hotels to confirm this, can you also ask if this unlimited EE offer applies for AP holders who are guests of the hotel as well. When I called GCH guest services yesterday, the guy I talked to said that it applied to AP holders too but, like many of you, I am still skeptical because I have not seen this information in official print anywhere. If we can confirm that it does apply to AP holders this is info that we should get out to everyone on these boards as there have been more than a few threads full of AP holders lamenting over not having access to EE.

disneyland addict13
07-31-2005, 09:27 AM
The original poster is correct. We just got back from Disneyland yesterday. We used our early entry that came with our park hoppers on Tuesday the 26th. Then on Thursday we wanted to use our Toontown Morning Madness vouchers and take all of my little cousins into Toontown. As we were walking to the gates from the Grand Californian via Downtown Disney, I began thinking that maybe the Toontown Morning Madness voucher didn't give me early entry but just gave me early entry into Toontown once I was already inside the park (I also didn't realize that Toontown opened an hour after the rest of the park and thought that you had to be there at 7 not 8). We got to the gates and since the Cast Member scanning tickets didn't even glance at our TMM vouchers, we knew that that wasn't what was getting us in. The CM asked if we were staying at one of the 3 Disney hotels and we said yes. She asked if she could see our "little white paper". At first we didn't know what she was talking about and then we realized that she was talking about the "credit card" type thing that charged food to our hotel room bill. Luckily my brother had one that my mom had given him (she was sleeping in). We were in! So we used early entry on two days.

EeyoreAdorer
07-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by EeyoreAdorer
It's nice to know that we can use EE each morning

[QUOTE=hlbtimes2]Just so there is no confusion, its not available everyday. You can use it Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Saturday.

oops....I did mean every morning that EE operates, thanks for catching it.

Although I don't know how easy it will be to convince my DD to get up that early more than once. She's more of a disney fanatic than I am, but definitely not a morning person. I may have to drag her out in her jammies :D (Although, being 19, she might kill me!)

Malcon10t
07-31-2005, 10:36 AM
I checked the Monorail Express Boarding Pass "credit card" for hotel identification. It says nothing about early entry. I also looked through every piece of paper the hotel gave me and again, nothing. We arrived on the 22nd. Maybe they started this after we arrived. I remember hearing some conversation in the concierge about early entry, but we were with a 16 year old. It was hard enough trying to get there 15 minutes early! lol. I need to call the hotel anyway. I'll let you know what they say as well.My brother stayed at DLH, and we used it July 19 and 21st. They had just started the program the concierge stated, but CMs seemed to know about it.

Malcon10t
07-31-2005, 10:39 AM
For those of you calling the hotels to confirm this, can you also ask if this unlimited EE offer applies for AP holders who are guests of the hotel as well. When I called GCH guest services yesterday, the guy I talked to said that it applied to AP holders too but, like many of you, I am still skeptical because I have not seen this information in official print anywhere. If we can confirm that it does apply to AP holders this is info that we should get out to everyone on these boards as there have been more than a few threads full of AP holders lamenting over not having access to EE.My brother had parkhoppers, but we had APs, and they didn't bat an eye.

CrazyMouse
07-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know the answer, I HAVE called the Disneyland resort and none of them could tell me or confirm me that I would be able to use my Early Entry multiple times. Does anyone know? Thanks! :)

SpaceMTJunkie
07-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know the answer, I HAVE called the Disneyland resort and none of them could tell me or confirm me that I would be able to use my Early Entry multiple times. Does anyone know? Thanks! :)
It looks to me that more than a few people that have posted before you have confirmed this. One even made a call to confirm. :D

Which is good news as we are scheduled to be there on Aug 8 staying at the DLH.

CrazyMouse
07-31-2005, 02:52 PM
It looks to me that more than a few people that have posted before you have confirmed this. One even made a call to confirm. :D

cool, i'm going August 9! Maybe we will see each other on Space Mountain over and over.... Haha. I want to use EE for Fantasyland as well as for Space Mountain, just hope everything is correct in this thread. :D

SpaceMTJunkie
07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
cool, i'm going August 9! Maybe we will see each other on Space Mountain over and over.... Haha. I want to use EE for Fantasyland as well as for Space Mountain, just hope everything is correct in this thread. :D

See you there. :cool:

Marox3
07-31-2005, 04:21 PM
I just sent an e-mail to VP and I'll wait to hear. We are going to be there this weekend, and this would be a wonderful little surprise. :cool:

penguin66
07-31-2005, 05:15 PM

and

It looks to me that more than a few people that have posted before you have confirmed this. One even made a call to confirm.

If you are going to be there the 12th-18th, I'd love to meet--I'll probably be living in the line for PotC and Space Mountain :D