PDA

View Full Version : Special 1st Day Ticket Pin, how to get one this Sunday?

Darkbeer
07-30-2005, 12:39 AM
I know the pin is going on sale on Sunday...

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=10096

But where and when do I need to line up to buy one and/or get a wristband, the website is unclear on this pin....

Thanks in Advance!:fez:

MammaSilva
07-30-2005, 05:28 AM
Darkbeer, if you follow the links it will tell you where the wristband distribution is, it's 'usually' over at the kiosk outside of the security area for inside the park. I've read about a different one for WoD but can't remember where that one was. All the Magical Memories pins have been sold the same way, wristbands issued til 2 or until they're gone, limited per person purchases. Good luck! That's a beautiful pin.

Darkbeer
07-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Darkbeer, if you follow the links it will tell you where the wristband distribution is, it's 'usually' over at the kiosk outside of the security area for inside the park. I've read about a different one for WoD but can't remember where that one was. All the Magical Memories pins have been sold the same way, wristbands issued til 2 or until they're gone, limited per person purchases. Good luck! That's a beautiful pin.

That is what I can't find, whether it is a World of Disney release, or a Store Command/Greetings from California Release....

Shortiemetoo
07-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Ok I am officially drooling!! I really NEED to move to Anaheim or thereabouts! lol...Good luck Darkbeer...I wish you could buy two and I would send you the money today!!!

cstephens
07-30-2005, 09:21 PM
I know the pin is going on sale on Sunday...

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=10096

But where and when do I need to line up to buy one and/or get a wristband, the website is unclear on this pin....

Thanks in Advance!:fez:

According to dizpins' July 30 update (http://www.dizpins.com/), the pin is being sold in four locations: Emporium, Store Command, Greetings from California and World of Disney. This is a pin that I would have thought would involve wristbands, but there's no mention of wristbands, and usually, if it's a wristband release, it's only being released in one location. With it being in four locations, it would seem no wristbands are necessary. Each location would get an allocation (dizpins says the edition size is 1500), so even if it sells out in one location, it may still be available in another location. Since it's a limited edition, each person would be able to buy a maximum of 2, unless they go to multiple locations.

ima_mickeyfan
07-30-2005, 11:31 PM
hey darkbeer, feel like buying a few extras?? lol... :D

SoCalSteven
08-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Any idea if they are all gone? I'd like one, but I can't make it down there...

cstephens
08-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Any idea if they are all gone? I'd like one, but I can't make it down there...

They didn't seem to be selling all that briskly (even though it's a beautiful pin). I saw a sample still out in the afternoon, so I don't expect they sold out.

Darkbeer
08-01-2005, 07:10 PM
This came with the pin...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/699267/13/30555686/Large

Glad to see that Disney is saying the same thing I was saying for months, that Disneyland's "1st Day" or Opening Day was July 18th, 1955 :fez:

And here is the pin itself....:geek:

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/699267/12/30555684/Large

munchkinsmom0003
08-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Ok I am officially drooling!!

Wow! Me too! That is a very, very pretty pin! Thank goodness I'm not a pin collector (believe me, I could easily get hooked ;) ) or else I'd be kicking myself because my family and I were just at Disneyland all day yesterday!

Thank you for sharing, Darkbeer. Glad you got one.

Shortiemetoo
08-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Wow...they charged tax even in 1955, how funny!! I didn't know that, but I notice is said "federal tax," and that was pretty steep...9 cents on the dollar!! wow!!! :eek:

AVP
08-02-2005, 09:18 AM
They still had the pin last night.

AVP

jrsharp21
08-02-2005, 09:29 AM
anyone want to help a fellow MPer out?

SoCalSteven
08-02-2005, 11:50 AM
anyone want to help a fellow MPer out?
Ditto. I doubt I can make it down there anytime soon. :(

Syndrome
08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh, man. My wife would die to get this pin, alas, we live in Phoenix... :(

Wishful
08-08-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm going to be at DL on the 18th or 19th if anyone wants me to pick them up a pin or two (and I can find them). PM me and we'll make arrangements.

cstephens
08-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm going to be at DL on the 18th or 19th if anyone wants me to pick them up a pin or two (and I can find them). PM me and we'll make arrangements.

There seemed to be plenty as of this past Sunday. Check Store Command or World of Disney.

Wishful
08-19-2005, 10:44 AM
OK, I need help. I've been to DL and DCA twice this week with a photo of the pin and no one has ever seen it at any pin location this year. Two or three CMs actually said they had the same pin from 5 years ago and the only recent similar pin was the one with an "E" ticket. Any suggestions?

AVP
08-19-2005, 02:01 PM
OK, I need help. I've been to DL and DCA twice this week with a photo of the pin and no one has ever seen it at any pin location this year. Two or three CMs actually said they had the same pin from 5 years ago and the only recent similar pin was the one with an "E" ticket. Any suggestions?The Emporium had them yesterday, in the glass case at the cash register nearest the pin wall.

This is a boxed pin, not on a card, so you need to look where the other boxed pins are.

AVP

TowerofTerror
08-19-2005, 10:58 PM
still there that pin

Wishful
08-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Found em, they were sold out at WOD but were on Main Street. Anyone else need one?

Karin
08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Found em, they were sold out at WOD but were on Main Street. Anyone else need one?

What store on Main St., Wishful? I'm going tomorrow and would love to be able to pcik one up myself. Thanks!

Spazz
08-26-2005, 07:16 PM
For all those that live far away and would like one of these pins, there are some listed on eBay. Sorry, but I don't have the links at hand.

Karin
08-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Got to Emporium around 11:45 today, Sat., 8/27, and was told they 8 or 9 earlier in the week, but they were now sold out. Decided to try Store Command *just in case*. Turns out, earlier in the dat someone had retunrd several and they had about 5 or 6 on hand! As we chatted with the CM and bought ONE a couple of others were purchased. As we walked out the door they only had 2 left!

Boy did I get lucky or what?! Granted, there're not a *whole* lot more than the $25 I paid for it, but I did see one went for $39.

Doug
08-28-2005, 08:18 AM
I guess not likely to be any left one Sep 4th when I get back to DLR, eh ;)?