PDA

View Full Version : Getting SO excited! couple more questions...

passthepixiedust
07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
I can't believe it ! It seems like we have been waiting forever, and now, FINALLY we have less than a month to go ! (27 "sleeps" to be exact !)

Because I have spent sooooo much time reading this board and my "Unofficial Guide", I feel pretty prepared. I want to leave RIGHT NOW ! I think even my kids are sick of me talking about Disneyland !

Now I just have to hope for a big growth spurt for my 41'' tall youngest child and hope that I don't drive everyone around me insane before we go !

What I want to know is if any of you who have used ridemax in the past feel it would be beneficial as we were planning on using the Unofficial two day touring plan and spending the rest of the time (3 more days) just using fass pass and winging it.

Also, we have finally decided against doing the Riverside seating..... as we will be there for five days, I thought we could probably just follow some of the great tips we got on this board and manage to get a good view at least once and save a couple hundred $$..... Any thoughts ?

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 04:25 PM
I am so excited for you hon!! I think its wise to save money and not do the riverside seating. if you get there real early like I plan on doing you can find a seat up close. I am hoping to get there like 2 hours ahead of time ( thats if my party wants to :) ) and sit my butt down and be up front for once!!! I plan on doing this for fireworks to!!

MrsG
07-29-2005, 04:55 PM
What I want to know is if any of you who have used ridemax in the past feel it would be beneficial as we were planning on using the Unofficial two day touring plan and spending the rest of the time (3 more days) just using fass pass and winging it.
I know some swear by Ridemax, but I have seen families with their noses buried in their itineraries and rushing to get to the next thing. I would think that they are missing the details and charm of DLR just so they won't miss an attraction/show. JMHO

Shortiemetoo
07-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I am happy you decided against Riverside seating!! If anyone goes they should opt for balcony as it is the same price!!! As far as sitting and waiting for a spot...after seeing fantasmic riverside I know where I am going to go to watch it!! Right in front of where the riverside seating is...It wasn't even crowded and the view is great!!!

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 05:18 PM
I am happy you decided against Riverside seating!! If anyone goes they should opt for balcony as it is the same price!!! As far as sitting and waiting for a spot...after seeing fantasmic riverside I know where I am going to go to watch it!! Right in front of where the riverside seating is...It wasn't even crowded and the view is great!!!
Hey pssssst shortie..... we have to remember this when we go, we want to sit right up front! my eyes are so bad I get half of whats really going on from in the back. And its so blurry. I weant good seating this trip :)

Tutter
07-29-2005, 05:30 PM
awww passthepixiedust, your enthusiasm really has made me smile. I love the fact people still get as excited as I do about disneyland.

M honest opinon would be chuck every plan out of the window, chuck every exclusive best seats in the house away. It's Disneyalnd. Take your time, stop and watch a quartet of singers on main street rather than rush on to the 11.07am scheduled ride. The ride will still be there - the magic moment will not.

Yes be aware and use your map and fast passes - but do just take your time, find those quiet stuck away places. Enjoy your breakfast and discover your greatest moment of joy is that special cast member who smiled at you.

stitchlvr
07-29-2005, 05:38 PM
We went about three weeks ago and got decent seats for Fantasmic even though the park was crowded. We were there about 1 1/2 hours early. The friend I was with took the kids on a couple of rides while I saved the seats. My suggestion is to have a blanket or bags to help save seats because people squish in all around you. Also, it seemed to me that Wednesday was the least crowded day. So if you're there, maybe try a Wednesday (of course you may want to try fireworks then instead).

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 05:41 PM
I plan to take a blanket from my room and park it onto the ground along with my bag. I will be sitting pretty way ahead of time so I can see good this time. I plan to do this with the fire works to! with my turkey leg in hand and my cold drink and my popcorn and my churro, man I am hungry just thinking about the food ha ha ha . ( can you tell I am on a diet )

Shortiemetoo
07-29-2005, 05:46 PM
I plan to take a blanket from my room and park it onto the ground along with my bag. I will be sitting pretty way ahead of time so I can see good this time. I plan to do this with the fire works to! with my turkey leg in hand and my cold drink and my popcorn and my churro, man I am hungry just thinking about the food ha ha ha . ( can you tell I am on a diet )

lolololol Ok girlie girl, we will sit up front and stake out a place to watch fantasmic!! And then the next night we will stake out a place near the castle to watch the fireworks!! Besides I can't let you eat the turkey leg, popcorn and churro all by yourself can I?? What kind of friend would I be ;) :D ?!

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 05:48 PM
ha ha ha , ok we shall share everything!!! but if you suck on the turkey bone like coaster chickie's boy did I am going to take your picture ha ha ha ha
oh man, we are going to have some memerable times you and me :)

Crazy4DL
07-29-2005, 06:11 PM

Also, we have finally decided against doing the Riverside seating..... as we will be there for five days, I thought we could probably just follow some of the great tips we got on this board and manage to get a good view at least once and save a couple hundred $$..... Any thoughts ?

We are going to try Ridemax for the first time - we have a large group so I do think it will help just to have a plan. We don't plan to be in a huge hurry as we have lots of small ones with us - and a couple of us "older" ones ;)

We decided the exact same thing about the riverfront seating! We have 6 day ticket, I am thinking with the great hints from MPers and a bit of waiting we will do just fine and save the $$$ for other things. :)

Crazy4DL
07-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Shortie and Karla (or is it Karla and Karla - haha) you two are going to have a blast!! this grammie may just have to come keep you two in line :D ;)

Susan L
07-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I've never used ridemax. We are the winging it kind of family. You know now that I think about it we also rarely use fastpass. I guess that we have just been lucky.

I sure hope you have a great time on your visit. Let us know how it turns out.

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Shortie and Karla (or is it Karla and Karla - haha) you two are going to have a blast!! this grammie may just have to come keep you two in line :D ;)ha ha ha , yep KArla and Karla, I think we are begining to confuse some folks LOL!

That would be a Hoot!! all us grandmothers playing at disneyland!! well hon, book your trip and we shall all meet in heaven ( disneyland is pretty close to heaven hehe heh :)

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 07:46 PM
We are going to try Ridemax for the first time - we have a large group so I do think it will help just to have a plan. We don't plan to be in a huge hurry as we have lots of small ones with us - and a couple of us "older" ones ;)

We decided the exact same thing about the riverfront seating! We have 6 day ticket, I am thinking with the great hints from MPers and a bit of waiting we will do just fine and save the $$$ for other things. :)

I can not wait to hear your report whn you come back! I am anxious to know how ride max works out and what you ate :)

passthepixiedust
07-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks all, I appreciate all your opinions and ideas and such. I decided to go with the "plan" for the first day and a half just to be sure we got to do everything "big", but the rest of the time I just want to let the kids experience DL at their own pace and to stop and enjoy every special moment that we come across.

I haven't been to DL since my oldest was 4 years old and she will be 13 when we leave ! My sons (7 and almost 5) have never been ! I really can't wait to share DL with them all and see it through their eyes.

I know some of you cynics and more jaded DL veterans will say "it's just a theme park, a multi-million dollar business" but to some of us, especially those who have to travel a distance to be there, it really does seem magical.......

rentayenta
07-29-2005, 08:17 PM

Here's my .02 on Ridemax: When we went last December (6 days) it was awesome. Ridemax allows for a relaxing yet semi-structured day. It took the guess work out of "what next?". The kids didn't fight even once over who got to pick next- it was just there. Nothing is in stone, you can change it around or not do it all if you find it isn't allowing for as much "freedom" as you like. To me, freedom is having so much spare time after riding everything that we could continue with our relaxed pace and enjoy the evening. It was great- I promise. :D We will use it again on the trip this December.

splash
07-30-2005, 08:26 AM
I often wondered why people used ride max. With a little advance preparation, you can still do all the rides. With that said, I have one word for you........FASTPASS Just structure your rides by fastpass return times. ie...when we went, we grabbed fastpass to Indy, then went on Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Haunted Mansion (by this time we were able to get another fastpass - in this case for Splash Mountain) and then return for the ride on Indy. This time we did something different. One day we got a fastpass for Splash early in the day, but didn't return to ride it until that evening. You've got to ride Splash at night, it is amazing. If you have done all the research and checked out the park map, why would you need Ride Max? It's Disneyland, go with the flow.....

hlbtimes2
07-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Because if you use ride max you will likely avoid "herd" mentality. Its sort of human nature to follow people, without even thinking about it. But, that results in long lines in some parts of the park, and almost empty areas in other parts, at some times of day. Ridemax will guide you to those empty areas. We havent used it yet, but plan on at least one day for our upcoming trip. Probably not even a full day, just a few hours to get some serious riding done. Then we'll have lots of time to wander and take in the park.